hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 53 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

Since it comes up ever single month, please post or mouse preferences here.

Wired Mouse Suggestion
    Logitech MX510
    Logitech MX518
    Logitech G400
    Logitech G5
    Razor Deathadder

Wireless Mouse Suggestions
    Logitech G700

Wired Keyboard Suggestions
    Logitech G15
    Logitech G510
    Filco Majestouch
    Logitech G19

Wireless Keyboard Suggestions

Headset Suggestions
    Sennheiser Media Headset PC140
    Sennheiser HD 558
    Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
    Corsair HS1 USB

Headphones/Desk Mic Suggestions

Previous Threads
    http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...612#post263612
    http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...i-Button-Mouse
    http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...d-mouse-combos

I will update with strong suggestions as this goes along, please no new threads.
    Last edited by Ryas Nia; November 3 2011 at 03:07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by High Sierra
    HERE! YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING ELSE! TAKE MY PANTS!

Mouse preference: MX518 (/thread imo)
    Keyboard preference: G15, or anything that's backlit
    Headset preference: The cheapest one that doesn't have static, buy in pairs so you can replace parts from one as the other breaks.

Mouse is essentially pointless to argue about, as long as the quality of said mouse is comparable to the MX518 or a Razer mouse. I've tried a lot of them, including MX518, but I've not looked back since I got my Deathadder. What a fantastic mouse.

Keyboard I couldn't comment on, using a cheap 15$ logitech one.

Headset I really REALLY recommend the Sennheiser Media Headset PC140. It is the most lightweight, sturdy, good quality headset I've ever had. Been using them for years, and even after hours of gaming you still don't notice you've got them on.

For the keyboard I have to say a Razer Arctosa is a good keyboard.. It takes a little while to get used to because its pretty much flat, but after a while its very very comfortable..

I would love a review of the Razor Mamba in wireless mode from anyone that has one.. It looks really nice..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Have personally owned and would recommend:

MX518 - 'nuff said.

Razer Lachesis - basically an ambidextrous Deathadder with a preference for claw grip.

Logitech G510 - LCD's on keyboards are awesome.

Sennheiser HD 558 - amazing headphones, without being excessively expensive.

On the point of noobcakes "feet falling off" comment in the other thread; first: what the hell are you doing with your mice? second: consider getting a mouse mat.

I want to [Dislike] the normal Razer keyboards. I've seen most of their older ones and they feel terrible.

Especially when compared to a MECHANICAL KEYBOARD. Currently using a blackwidow (the normal one) and its fucking awesome. I had to get used to the macro buttons on the left (constantly hitting a macro button instead CTRL) and well, the general feel of the mech. kbd. After 2 months of using it alot i love it and i wont ever get back to a membrane keyboard (shit). It really is awesome. <3 And i love just writing on it (posting, irc, bachelor's work, whatever - doesnt matter).

For a mouse im using a Razer Naga. The 12 keys on the left side are useless (except if you are playing WOW or some other shitty MMO). I've never used them in a shooter / RTS - i tried but its just bad.
    Tbh they are AWESOME for eve, currently using them for overheat buttons. 1-2-3 is overheat F1-F3, 4-5-6 is 2nd rack etc. Its great, you always know if you have started/stopping the heat on your modules (and on which one precisely). I cant imagine playing eve without it now.
    Last edited by Tyrehl; November 1 2011 at 05:20:11 PM.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganbacca View Post
    Sennheiser HD 558 - amazing headphones, without being excessively expensive.
    uhhhhh what?

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-.../dp/B004FEEY9A

150 dollars for headphones is "not really expensive"?

Quote Originally Posted by Loganbacca View Post
    On the point of noobcakes "feet falling off" comment in the other thread; first: what the hell are you doing with your mice? second: consider getting a mouse mat.
    Im not doing anything more than the usual....i dont treat my mice like shit, so im not sure what causes the feet to fall off. They kind of just lose their adhesive and come off.

And I've got a mousemat that ive been using for 3 or 4 years.

https://www.ratpadz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Yeats View Post
    It is called a difference of opinion and if you're going to get so shirty about it, you might want to cancel your connection to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by noobcake View Post
    These are what I would consider excessively expensive: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD8...dp/B001OTZ8DA/

I use mine daily for more than just gaming as well, so I consider it a good investment.

mx518 isn't produced anymore, it has been replaced by the G400. You might still find the mx518 someplaces but the g400 is the same price anyway so why bother

Donor
    Not if you want them to sound good, no. The sound quality difference between cheap headphones and proper hi-fi ones from a good manufacturer is staggering. Headphones are like monitors: good ones are expensive, but well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    I want to [Dislike] the normal Razer keyboards. I've seen most of their older ones and they feel terrible.
    When I got mine I was like 'oh crap this feels like shit! I have wasted my money!' but within 2 days you adjust where your hands sit and the angel your palms are at and all of a sudden they become incredibly comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombcrater View Post
    Not if you want them to sound good, no. The sound quality difference between cheap headphones and proper hi-fi ones from a good manufacturer is staggering. Headphones are like monitors: good ones are expensive, but well worth the money.
    /o\ inbound audiophile "but u can hear their fingers move up and down the fret of the guitar with these 150 dollar headphones" argument

But maybe it's me...having owned (what i consider to be) an expensive pair of headphones for > 150 dollars, and now using a 50 dollar pair, I hear no distinct difference for which I find myself saying "boy, I wish I had doled out an extra hundred bucks to replace my old 150 dollar headphones"

I still maintain my position that 150 dollars for headphones is bordering on retarded...forget 1500 dollars for a headset, thats just fucking insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Yeats View Post
    It is called a difference of opinion and if you're going to get so shirty about it, you might want to cancel your connection to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    When I got mine I was like 'oh crap this feels like shit! I have wasted my money!' but within 2 days you adjust where your hands sit and the angel your palms are at and all of a sudden they become incredibly comfortable.
    Probably its true. I've "tested" them only in a pc hardware shop. Its almost the same with my mechanical one (but the keys feel better from the first time). When someone comes at home he's usually "wtf how do you write on this, i keep hitting the wrong buttan". Im so used to it that i can write alot better and faster than before. Soo yeah, razor makes really decent stuff. Only if my mouse was just a liiitle bit bigger
    Last edited by Tyrehl; November 2 2011 at 07:44:27 AM.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Donor
    But maybe it's me...having owned (what i consider to be) an expensive pair of headphones for > 150 dollars, and now using a 50 dollar pair, I hear no distinct difference for which I find myself saying "boy, I wish I had doled out an extra hundred bucks to replace my old 150 dollar headphones
    Well, just because you paid more than $150 for headphones doesn't guarantee they're good quality, there's plenty of crap out there. One of the guys I work with bought a pair of those Beats by Dr Dre things for 250 and they sound like shit compared to my 70 Beyerdynamics. And good headphones are usually quite demanding about how you feed them; plug them in to the on-board sound on a PC and they'll not like it much, a good sound card and often a dedicated headphone amp are needed to let the cans do their job properly.

That's true, but Sennheiser do tend to make decent headphones.

The worst Sennheiser's I've had have just been mediocre.

It is also true that there's a certain upper limit for what's worth plugging into your PC and listening to MP3s with.

Also, did they really stop making the MX518? I need to stock up if true. I bought my last one in 2010 so what will I do come 2014?

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    Headphones: Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
    Mouse: Chalk up another Razer Deathadder.
    Keyboard: 20 dollar Kensington from Radioshack.

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Wireless gaming mouse, the G700 it's a fantastic hybrid, supporting both wired and wireless.

I have a Filco Majestouch with Brown switches and it's brilliant as well, feels awesome to type one, I also tend to make fewer typos than on a laptop keyboard.

For headset I have the Corsair HS1 USB, extremely comfortable and work without a hitch.

Logitech G500 mouse in the house, it's brilliant. I prefer Logi mice because they feel weightier than Razer mice, and never used Steelseries so can't comment. Headset I will pretty much always use Sennheiser, my current cans are PC 330, but I've used stuff above and below that from their range and it always sounds like it's worth the price.

Keyboard I'm currently using a Logi G110 but I don't know if i'd recommend it. It's a rubber dome keyboard with fancy lighting and some macro buttons, reasonable enough to game on but not awesome to type on because of the slightly smaller key size (in order to fit the macro butans on). I am interested in Corsair's upcoming boards, though they look expensive for what they are. Can always recommend Filco Tenkeyless for typing all day long.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

I have recently (last week) purchased a G19 Logitech keyboard, and I must say that I am more than satisfied.

- Good buttons - soft and coated in something... soft.
    - Macro buttons, with on the go macro creation - more usefull than you first assume
    - LCD screen - so many nifty programs for it online after they released the SDK for it

- Already spilled soda on the numericals, took me ~24 hours.

So what should i buy as a cheap mouse/keyboard/flat screen for a server that won't break after 20 hour of use and won't kill my budget ? I was going to start a thread but figured i could aswell ask here ( overall budget 100€)

Also, there's no real overview for cheap keyboard/mouse/screen .
    English Langage management 4/5