hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28687576777879 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1565

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Yes it's the one I'm angling towards, tbh. Although the Zowie is tempting also.
    You're angling towards a mouse that needs that pile of poo that is Synapse for settings?

It's basically why I went with the Zowie. No software required. Everything can be set on the mouse itself. Sensor in the Abyssus is also too much fluff (yeah, 7200DPI).

@vDJ G502 is probs the gold standard for reddit autists. I've never seen so many people praising a more mediocre mouse in my life
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I was not aware of the software requirement. Scratch that one, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Nowadays it's really hard to find a manufacturer who doesn't try to force feed you their poorly written software. Steelseries, Razer and Logitech seem to hold a competition on who has the most retarded code monkeys writing their piles of crap

One of the reasons I never use my G700 anymore (otherwise a great piece of hardware) is that Logitech thoroughly fucked the software. It keeps having strokes, forgetting profiles and above everything they removed the binding of mission control on mac to the middle mouse button - what the actual fuck, Logitech.

Fuck them all. One of the reasons I like custom keyboards so much is that their software is so light weight it's unreal, runs on anything and you only need it once in a blue moon to flash a new keymap with modified layers. Haven't touched the Ergodox firmware in months, just did some minor adjustments and flashed it in 5 minutes and it doesn't need to boot up some annoying shit every time I start Windows. Other PCBs use VIA which is amazing, literally plug in keeb, start software that's less than 100MB and do changes on the fly. Exit software until the next time you need to change something (most likely months).

I will never ever again buy a keyboard off some retarded manufacturer with shit tier quality keycaps who markets them to wide eyed kids who think it'll make them better gamers. Same with mice but the equivalent for mice doesn't yet exist
    Last edited by Cosmin; April 5 2020 at 02:23:54 AM.

For a long time I have been planning on modding my Miya Pro Panda with Holy Panda switches. It took seemingly forever, gathering all the materials was a pain, but this is it.

Spoiler:

Specs:

Miya Pro Panda Edition
    Steel plate
    Screwless sandwich mount
    Liner included under the PCB (was a really pleasant surprise and explains some of the great sound this keyboard has.
    Keycaps are PBT
    Mint Holy Panda switches (YOK Mint Panda housings with Halo Clear stems) lubed with Tribosys 3204
    65g tactile bump peak, 78g bottom out (Halo Clear springs) springs lubed with Tribosys 3203
    Space bar switch is also filmed with TX switch film - I have decided against filming all the switches as the HP switches are pretty tight to begin with, there really is no need for that.
    Stabilizers are plate mounted and the plate is mounted to the PCB via twisted metal bits so removing that was risky. I tuned the stabs without removing them and they sound quite well.

Full album.
    Typing test:

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Nowadays it's really hard to find a manufacturer who doesn't try to force feed you their poorly written software. Steelseries, Razer and Logitech seem to hold a competition on who has the most retarded code monkeys writing their piles of crap

One of the reasons I never use my G700 anymore (otherwise a great piece of hardware) is that Logitech thoroughly fucked the software. It keeps having strokes, forgetting profiles and above everything they removed the binding of mission control on mac to the middle mouse button - what the actual fuck, Logitech.

Fuck them all. One of the reasons I like custom keyboards so much is that their software is so light weight it's unreal, runs on anything and you only need it once in a blue moon to flash a new keymap with modified layers. Haven't touched the Ergodox firmware in months, just did some minor adjustments and flashed it in 5 minutes and it doesn't need to boot up some annoying shit every time I start Windows. Other PCBs use VIA which is amazing, literally plug in keeb, start software that's less than 100MB and do changes on the fly. Exit software until the next time you need to change something (most likely months).

I will never ever again buy a keyboard off some retarded manufacturer with shit tier quality keycaps who markets them to wide eyed kids who think it'll make them better gamers. Same with mice but the equivalent for mice doesn't yet exist
    I just want a really nice 2 button + clickable wheel mouse that I plug into a USB port and it immediately works, but it's got a good weight to it and is a bit larger than the standard. One would think that this would be an easy requirement.

I 100% agree with you that I don't want to install software launchers and whatever the shit just to use a goddamb mouse or keyboard. The crap that gets pushed with video cards is annoying enough, and there's much better (ie: at least some) justification for it.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

I just want a really nice 2 button + clickable wheel mouse that I plug into a USB port and it immediately works, but it's got a good weight to it and is a bit larger than the standard. One would think that this would be an easy requirement.

I 100% agree with you that I don't want to install software launchers and whatever the shit just to use a goddamb mouse or keyboard. The crap that gets pushed with video cards is annoying enough, and there's much better (ie: at least some) justification for it.
    It is an easy requirement. I currently use a M510 at work. No software, no issues.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    It is an easy requirement. I currently use a M510 at work. No software, no issues.
    Perhaps with current sensors some people want a DPI adjustment option. That and no software required is kind of rare.

But the abyssus should work without installing software as it doesnt really have anything adjustable outside of the sensor, and if you don't care about that dont install it? I only say should because mine was an older model, but it absolutely worked without any additional software even tho it supported it.

Pmuch every mouse works with default settings without installing shit.

But yeah if not just buy an old Logitech or sth.

@vDJ G502 is probs the gold standard for reddit autists. I've never seen so many people praising a more mediocre mouse in my life
    Stop being so bad at things. It feels wonderful, works perfectly and is a goddamn tank of a mouse. No need to be an ass about it.
    Last edited by Isyel; April 8 2020 at 08:20:28 AM.

Stop being so bad at things. It feels wonderful, works perfectly and is a goddamn tank of a mouse. No need to be an ass about it.
    It looks like a midget Transformer had a stroke and ended up halfway there. All mice in the last decade or so work perfectly. Most feel wonderful. As a personal preference, I detest it. Fact that the Logitech software is needed for various things makes it a complete nope

I've had a g502 for over a year and this is the first i've heard about it needing software

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Ackshually if you use one of the wireless variants you really really need to install the Logitech software to update the firmware of your USB dongle, as that had some massive security problems about... 8 months ago?

I almost want to ask how the shit can a mouse have security problems, but I am completely certain that the answer would be unhelpful. I am sorry if this comes across as being a crotchetty old man, but I only want a mouse which it is conceptually impossible to have a security problem with.

Are microsoft mice any good these days? They used to make a really good mouse back in the day.

I almost want to ask how the shit can a mouse have security problems, but I am completely certain that the answer would be unhelpful. I am sorry if this comes across as being a crotchetty old man, but I only want a mouse which it is conceptually impossible to have a security problem with.

Are microsoft mice any good these days? They used to make a really good mouse back in the day.
    https://www.kensington.com/p/product...trackball/?r=1

trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

https://www.kensington.com/p/product...trackball/?r=1

trust me
    This madlad

Has Microsoft ever made really shit peripherals?

Logitech has the MX518 (yes, a new one with a new sensor) and Microsoft has the Intellimouse Pro. There's a non-pro version, but r/mousereviews says it's shit and the Pro is quite great.

FakeEdit: looking at those reviews... tempting.
    nevar forget

The Microsoft intellimouse pro is actually really good. Only reason to buy something more expensive is if you want more buttons, dpi button or wireless.

Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Razer deathadder

Pew pew pew goes mouse

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Basically, anyone withing range could connect to the dongle and transmit keystrokes to the PC.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    Basically, anyone withing range could connect to the dongle and transmit keystrokes to the PC.
    C. The answer to not wanting to deal with this is to not use wireless peripherals. Personally I'm in favour of wireless mice (and will accept having to keep the software up-to-date) but totally abhor wireless keyboards. I mean I type my passwords on those dammit, do not throw those through the ether!

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    C. The answer to not wanting to deal with this is to not use wireless peripherals. Personally I'm in favour of wireless mice (and will accept having to keep the software up-to-date) but totally abhor wireless keyboards. I mean I type my passwords on those dammit, do not throw those through the ether!
    Sad HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S noises.