hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2767747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1565

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    I'm a Topre guy so was jerking your chain anyway but I'm all in favour of making actually good keyboards quieter. Never heard of film before so thanks for expanding my knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    I'm a Topre guy so was jerking your chain anyway but I'm all in favour of making actually good keyboards quieter. Never heard of film before so thanks for expanding my knowledge!
    <3 I wasn't triggered, just tried to explain further!

So, bad things about filming. Because it reduces switch wobble by reducing stem wobble, if you happen to hit the key at the exactly wrong angle, key will stutter/not actuate/stick. It won't stop per-se, just induce an unpleasant derp. My typing angle on the ergodox is kinda chav mode so I'll try to adjust the position of my hand (only left hand side swapped with filmed) and see how often it happens. Other than that the sounds is so creamy and thoccy it's hard to describe
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Further usage of filmed switches convinced me to order some more just to have stock because hells yes. They really improve a switch for the best and despite the aforementioned angle key stutter issue (which actually doesn't happen anymore for unknown reasons) I will film all future switches that lend themselves to the procedure - so basically all Cherry MX if I ever go back to them, Gateron Yellows, Novelkeys Creams/Nolives, etc.

Will see what happens when the marshmallow switches arrive, those will be interesting to test out.

Tempted to desolder all built keyboards and film those switches as well, but otoh it may be a bit much to work on. OTOH I do need to re-tune the stabilizers for all of them due to incessant new rattling so will probs do it at one point. Note to self, dielectric grease is p. shit at tuning stabilizers, it goes off the stabs at one point and the stabs start to rattle again, RIP in pepperoni.

I went for the Astro A50 Wireless Headset.

Microphone could have been better, but no wireless sets have a good mic.
    The speakers are very good and comfort is amazing. Which is the most important thing for me.

Do love the charging station. Makes things so much easier.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Got a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro and stuck them in my NAD1050. They sound really good, even better than the Sennheiser 598SR, feels like instruments sound more distinct. Headphones are really not pretentious with amplification and can be decently driven even by a FiiO BTR3.

FHC, I beseech thee: recommend me a mouse.

I need a new mouse; I just cranked up an old game and I utterly sucked at it. Obviously it's not because I've barely played it for a decade; it's this cheap-ass 2.99 mouse

I want a mouse that is a decent size, a good solid weight, has excellent optical resolution or precision or whatever it's called, and doesn't have jillions of buttons. I like a left and right button and a clickable wheel and that's all. More buttons than that are a hindrance and a pox and a pestilence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

Zowie FK2.

Bought a spare after I used it for a week. Simple as they come. Great quality. Light. Optical. Great sensor without innate acceleration. Plug and play on anything. Still has back and forth buttons because they're useful. Ambidextrous as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a Razer Abyssus for over a decade now and I've never needed anything else. Served me through multiple BFBC2 and BF3 squad rush ladder tournaments, CoD4 promod shenanigans and then the following 7 years of being shit and complaining about every game since. Done a fair amount of spreadsheet scrolling as well.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    FHC, I beseech thee: recommend me a mouse.

I need a new mouse; I just cranked up an old game and I utterly sucked at it. Obviously it's not because I've barely played it for a decade; it's this cheap-ass 2.99 mouse

I want a mouse that is a decent size, a good solid weight, has excellent optical resolution or precision or whatever it's called, and doesn't have jillions of buttons. I like a left and right button and a clickable wheel and that's all. More buttons than that are a hindrance and a pox and a pestilence.
    ive got a coolermaster mm520 and i like it. wide grip, good weight, left/right/wheel and two thumb buttons. had lights and stuff but you can turn them off. works fine for me in things like battlefield. was cheap too, like 40

here is a link https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog...ermouse-mm520/
    Last edited by teds :D; April 1 2020 at 02:58:33 PM.

Logitech g502.

Perfection in mouse form. Even if it has a couple buttons.

Logitech g502.

I ask for no extra buttons and you suggest one with "11 programmable buttons". OK, well I'm sure you had your reasons, possibly involving solvent abuse or cranial trauma.

Teds, that Coolermaster looks possible. I'd prefer a version without the side buttons which I won't use on purpose, but I'll look into their range.

Keckers, that looks like what I was picturing in my mind. I see that you have the good sense to use a wired mouse, as God intended.

Cosmin that Zowie does have extra buttons but it looks credible and has a nice "half the price of the other candidates" tone to the page.

Thank you gentlemen, I will investigate your suggestions.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    I have never touched one because I prefer ergonomic mice myself but I have heard many many good things from several people about Zowie mice. So if the shape appeals to you this is sort-of seconding that suggestion.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Logitech g502.

I ask for no extra buttons and you suggest one with "11 programmable buttons". OK, well I'm sure you had your reasons, possibly involving solvent abuse or cranial trauma.

Teds, that Coolermaster looks possible. I'd prefer a version without the side buttons which I won't use on purpose, but I'll look into their range.

Keckers, that looks like what I was picturing in my mind. I see that you have the good sense to use a wired mouse, as God intended.

Cosmin that Zowie does have extra buttons but it looks credible and has a nice "half the price of the other candidates" tone to the page.

you can map them out to do nothing. i use them for forward/back on browsers. they're also comfortably above where your thumb sits, so i don't think i've ever clicked them on purpose and i've big big manly man thumbs.

coolermaster have i earnt my commission yet?

Logitech g502.

Still perfection in mouse form. The extra buttons are out of the way and it's effectively just a standard tow buttons on the side mouse of excellent durability and weight

For super basic mice I'll recommend the Abyssus as someone said above tho, used to own one before the 502 for like half a decade and it was excellent.

Last edited by Isyel; April 2 2020 at 03:55:33 AM.

Logitech g502.

Still perfection in mouse form. The extra buttons are out of the way and it's effectively just a standard tow buttons on the side mouse of excellent durability and weight

For super basic mice I'll recommend the Abyssus as someone said above tho, used to own one before the 502 for like half a decade and it was excellent.

Perfection is highly preference oriented with mice and keyboards alike. What grip and style works for somebody does not work for another.

As an example, I like the Logitech shape and how it feels but I prefer the Zowie. Have G603 as well as FK2 but FK2 is the one always plugged in my desktop.

Logitech g502.

Bliss didn't put me in charge of warposting for no reason, you know.

Seriously though Isyel, a mouse that costs over a hundred quid and has eleven programmable buttons for someone who emphatically specified a mouse with no extra buttons at all? I get that you like it and think it's wonderful, and I'm sure it's absolutely perfect for your use-case, but can you not see that it's a wildly inappropriate recommendation for what was being asked for? "You should definitely spend 150% more to get features you actively dislike!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Razer Abyssus
    If you are really serious about no thumb buttons I would pick this one.

Yes it's the one I'm angling towards, tbh. Although the Zowie is tempting also.

Logitech has the g pro with no fluff.

G502 still is the gold standard of mice (except for lefties) to which they're all compared.