hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 296976777879
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1580

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

  1. #1561
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Personally I'm in favour of wireless mice (and will accept having to keep the software up-to-date) but totally abhor wireless keyboards. I mean I type my passwords on those dammit, do not throw those through the ether!
    Sad HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S noises.
    Those get a pass because they're using THE GREATEST SWITCHES... IN THE WORLD!</clarkson>

  2. #1562
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,033
    Ayy, glorified membrane keebs ftw
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  3. #1563
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I almost want to ask how the shit can a mouse have security problems, but I am completely certain that the answer would be unhelpful. I am sorry if this comes across as being a crotchetty old man, but I only want a mouse which it is conceptually impossible to have a security problem with.

    Are microsoft mice any good these days? They used to make a really good mouse back in the day.
    https://www.kensington.com/p/product...trackball/?r=1

    trust me
    Your witchcraft isn't welcome here
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  4. #1564

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,334
    A couple of month ago I ordered a new keyboard, as my now old/then current one showed some wear and tear and I would have a replacement ready, when the time comes to replace it. So this week I decided it's now time to replace it. I opened up the box of the new one back then when I received it to have a quick look.

    I also have the habit to put the related invoice inot all boxes of new stuff I buy and keep the box around so that when I need to invoke the warranty, I have both the invoice and a box to send it in available. So naturally the invoice was in the box of the new keyboard. Turns out that the invoice showed that "a few couple of month ago" was actually in back 2014.

    I would have sworn I ordered it within the last year. Two years, perhaps, if you pressed hard. But six?

  5. #1565
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,738
    Welcome to being old
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  6. #1566

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chichester, UK
    Posts
    1,782
    Hey Guys,
    Bought a new set of peripherals, went Steelseries.

    I got an Apex 7 keyboard, Arctis 5 headset and Rival 3 mouse, plus a emdium sized thick steelseries mouse mat.

    Apex 7 Keyboard:
    Love it, much better than my Razer blackwidow for 2014. The keys are better spaced, the feel is awesome (I have red switches). The colours are amazing and I love the little applets and intergration into apps such as discord, it works really well actually. I especially love the light up keys to let me know I'm broadcasting on the mic, great to let me know IM eating crisps to loud lol. I've noticed that the accuracy/precision of my typing has improved, in addition to the speed. So yeah, love it!

    Arctis 5 headset:
    Really liking the headset so far, I was using Bose QC25's (which I love) and these are almost on par for the sound quality. The lack of active noisecancelling is noticed but the cups are pretty great at isolating me. My friends have commented that the clarity of my voice is vastly improved. RGB colours are rpetty sick. I did have a razer kraken tourney edition and i stopped using that.

    Rival 3 Mouse and mousemat:
    Im getting much more headshots in tarkov, in general my tarkov has imprroved. I find it mroe comfortable than the razer Abyssus i used to have. Overall very ergonomic for my hands.

    So in general, very good and highly reccomended. Theya re a bit pricey though but they seem pretty sturdy.

  7. #1567
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,147
    Does anyone here have a Kinesis keyboard? Either the Advantage or the Freestyle split board with tenting?

    Developing carpal tunnel and its no fun.

    EDIT: fuck it, I bought a ZSA ortho split keyboard and a trackball. This shit hurts.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; September 7 2020 at 04:23:02 AM.

  8. #1568

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chichester, UK
    Posts
    1,782
    An old boss suffered really badly and swore by the old microsoft split keyboards. So YMMV of course but he loved them. Never had issues with that kind of keyboard.

  9. #1569
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,147
    I used one of the very first gen MS ergonomic boards back in the late 90s when they were new. I liked it, but didn't replace it when it died.

    Very curious to see how steep the learning curve on the split/ortho Ergodox layout is. Cosmin, you have any input/feedback on that?

    Bonus: I got my boss to reimburse me for the keyboard and trackball.

  10. #1570
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Does anyone here have a Kinesis keyboard? Either the Advantage or the Freestyle split board with tenting?

    Developing carpal tunnel and its no fun.

    EDIT: fuck it, I bought a ZSA ortho split keyboard and a trackball. This shit hurts.
    Yes, I've used Kinesis keyboards for work for a couple of decades now, currently have a couple of Advantage2's at work. They're absolutely fantastic, the layout makes so much sense, but it does take about 10 days of getting used to it. Surprisingly the hardest part is not the key layout itself, but that the keys are in vertical columns instead of the usual staggered positioning. It's much better for your fingers to only move up and down and not sideways but hard to adjust your muscle memory. Unsurprisingly, they're not great for gaming (split keyboards never are). Can highly recommend if you or anyone else considers buying one in the future.

  11. #1571
    halka's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19, 2011
    Location
    SVK
    Posts
    2,096
    Keychron is working on a new, slimmer, keyboard model: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nical-keyboard

    I already have the K2, which is basically this same layout, but extra thicc.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

  12. #1572
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Does anyone here have a Kinesis keyboard? Either the Advantage or the Freestyle split board with tenting?

    Developing carpal tunnel and its no fun.

    EDIT: fuck it, I bought a ZSA ortho split keyboard and a trackball. This shit hurts.
    Yes, I've used Kinesis keyboards for work for a couple of decades now, currently have a couple of Advantage2's at work. They're absolutely fantastic, the layout makes so much sense, but it does take about 10 days of getting used to it. Surprisingly the hardest part is not the key layout itself, but that the keys are in vertical columns instead of the usual staggered positioning. It's much better for your fingers to only move up and down and not sideways but hard to adjust your muscle memory. Unsurprisingly, they're not great for gaming (split keyboards never are). Can highly recommend if you or anyone else considers buying one in the future.
    Can’t see why a split board would be bad for gaming if you can just move the right-hand board out of the way and use WASD on the left board and a mouse in the right hand. Isn’t that basically like using one of those gaming macro keypads?

    Keyboard I got is even powered on the left side for this purpose.

    I do expect it will take a few weeks to get used to the ortho thing; I’ve used a staggered split board before without much trouble.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; September 18 2020 at 08:02:43 PM.

  13. #1573
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Can’t see why a split board would be bad for gaming if you can just move the right-hand board out of the way and use WASD on the left board and a mouse in the right hand. Isn’t that basically like using one of those gaming macro keypads?
    Because you'll keep running into games that expect you to press Y or 6 etc with your left hand while mousing with your right hand. Sure, you can usually rebind it all but it's a pain. Not a deal-breaker, but one of the reasons I went back to a non-split keyboard for my home gaming PC and stuck to split keyboards at work.

  14. #1574
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,147
    Huh, I’ve never played a game where that was a problem, unless it was like a flight sim or something and at that point I’m remapping everything anyways. I expect it will be fine.

    Also ordered a new set of brown switches, since the thing came with Kailh speed silvers and those aren’t so hot for extended typing sessions, in my experience. Might leave silvers on WASD, we’ll see.

    First time I’ve ever had a board with swappable switches!

  15. #1575
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Can’t see why a split board would be bad for gaming if you can just move the right-hand board out of the way and use WASD on the left board and a mouse in the right hand. Isn’t that basically like using one of those gaming macro keypads?
    Because you'll keep running into games that expect you to press Y or 6 etc with your left hand while mousing with your right hand. Sure, you can usually rebind it all but it's a pain. Not a deal-breaker, but one of the reasons I went back to a non-split keyboard for my home gaming PC and stuck to split keyboards at work.

    Only annoying game where I ran into this issue was Starcraft 2 and rebinded everything retarded to the left half (I'm a scrub and still can't use grid layout).

    Other than that gaming on my Ergodox EZ still feels better than any other keyboard I've tried so far and I own multiple. Still waiting on my TKL custom project to materialise, at the moment the case design stage finished and the PCB design is in the works. Probably December will see it as a really limited group buy because it's still much cheaper than only getting one done. Will provide feedback afterwards seeing it's a really cool design, full ano aluminium with brass weight (projected to weigh about 3.5kg unbuilt).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  16. #1576
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Huh, I’ve never played a game where that was a problem, unless it was like a flight sim or something and at that point I’m remapping everything anyways. I expect it will be fine.

    Also ordered a new set of brown switches, since the thing came with Kailh speed silvers and those aren’t so hot for extended typing sessions, in my experience. Might leave silvers on WASD, we’ll see.

    First time I’ve ever had a board with swappable switches!

    I thoroughly recommend you dwell a bit into switches and see what you'd like. MX Browns are not really tactile, more like scratchy linears - for tactility look into Zealios and Zilents V2. Glorious PCGR are also making Glorious Panda switches which are quite good. If you decide on linears, Gateron Yellows are fantastic starters seeing they're super smooth out of the box, there are also Gateron Black Ink (normal and silent). The "silent" bit means they have a silenced upstroke (like Zilents do) and they're pretty amazing.

    Luckily we live really nice times where you can order springs separately and you can definitely make a switch entirely to your own liking - there are so many stem swapped Gateron inks with UHMWPE stems and 62g springs that sound and feel absolutely amazing. Lubing is also nice to do and changes the feel and sound of a switch significantly - have a look here, there are multiple sound tests with different switches and boards.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  17. #1577
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Huh, I’ve never played a game where that was a problem, unless it was like a flight sim or something and at that point I’m remapping everything anyways. I expect it will be fine.

    Also ordered a new set of brown switches, since the thing came with Kailh speed silvers and those aren’t so hot for extended typing sessions, in my experience. Might leave silvers on WASD, we’ll see.

    First time I’ve ever had a board with swappable switches!

    I thoroughly recommend you dwell a bit into switches and see what you'd like. MX Browns are not really tactile, more like scratchy linears - for tactility look into Zealios and Zilents V2. Glorious PCGR are also making Glorious Panda switches which are quite good. If you decide on linears, Gateron Yellows are fantastic starters seeing they're super smooth out of the box, there are also Gateron Black Ink (normal and silent). The "silent" bit means they have a silenced upstroke (like Zilents do) and they're pretty amazing.

    Luckily we live really nice times where you can order springs separately and you can definitely make a switch entirely to your own liking - there are so many stem swapped Gateron inks with UHMWPE stems and 62g springs that sound and feel absolutely amazing. Lubing is also nice to do and changes the feel and sound of a switch significantly - have a look here, there are multiple sound tests with different switches and boards.
    I got a set of Kailh Box Browns; they feel fine to me. The claimed dust-resistance was a factor; I have long-haired pets that have killed previous keyboards.

    My new ergo-friendly desktop:



  18. #1578
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Huh, Iíve never played a game where that was a problem, unless it was like a flight sim or something and at that point Iím remapping everything anyways. I expect it will be fine.

    Also ordered a new set of brown switches, since the thing came with Kailh speed silvers and those arenít so hot for extended typing sessions, in my experience. Might leave silvers on WASD, weíll see.

    First time Iíve ever had a board with swappable switches!

    I thoroughly recommend you dwell a bit into switches and see what you'd like. MX Browns are not really tactile, more like scratchy linears - for tactility look into Zealios and Zilents V2. Glorious PCGR are also making Glorious Panda switches which are quite good. If you decide on linears, Gateron Yellows are fantastic starters seeing they're super smooth out of the box, there are also Gateron Black Ink (normal and silent). The "silent" bit means they have a silenced upstroke (like Zilents do) and they're pretty amazing.

    Luckily we live really nice times where you can order springs separately and you can definitely make a switch entirely to your own liking - there are so many stem swapped Gateron inks with UHMWPE stems and 62g springs that sound and feel absolutely amazing. Lubing is also nice to do and changes the feel and sound of a switch significantly - have a look here, there are multiple sound tests with different switches and boards.
    I got a set of Kailh Box Browns; they feel fine to me. The claimed dust-resistance was a factor; I have long-haired pets that have killed previous keyboards.

    My new ergo-friendly desktop:


    Dust resistance is a factor in any non shit switch, if they made it an actual selling point more power to them, but again, those are not actual tactile switches. See above what I've suggested.

    I had a cat for 14 years+, never had a keyboard die on me due to cat hair
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  19. #1579
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,147
    I will think about ordering some testers. :P

  20. #1580
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,033
    New old project for me

    https://imgur.com/a/TvsXpq5
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •