hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1143

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

  1. #1121
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,100
    I ordered these 20 EUR Bluetooth ear headphones and they are surprisingly nice.
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01FX8JR5W/

    Much so that 2 work friends did the same.
    The one from Beyer are probably a bit nicer, doubt there will be anything wrong with them.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  2. #1122
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Forgot about asking for advice here
    Unbelievable scenes Jeff.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundMAGIC-...dp/B01N5VRG53/

    Supposedly sound better, batterise longer, are cheaper. What's not to like.
    Ha they were my alternative purchase. Seems they mainly differ in treble response. Also the battery dongle on the wire put me off a tad. Figured it was a toss up and personal preference between then and also didnt purchase from amazon so wasnt available for a decent price

    Also i like my headphones to sound as german as possible!
    Last edited by Duckslayer; March 29 2018 at 12:56:00 PM.

  3. #1123
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Forgot about asking for advice here
    Unbelievable scenes Jeff.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundMAGIC-...dp/B01N5VRG53/

    Supposedly sound better, batterise longer, are cheaper. What's not to like.
    No AptX, which his original pick does have. If your phone supports it it makes a large difference in sound quality.

  4. #1124
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Forgot about asking for advice here
    Unbelievable scenes Jeff.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundMAGIC-...dp/B01N5VRG53/

    Supposedly sound better, batterise longer, are cheaper. What's not to like.
    No AptX, which his original pick does have. If your phone supports it it makes a large difference in sound quality.
    True, true, AptX can indeed make sounds sound soundier. I hereby repent my woefully mistaken recommendation.

  5. #1125
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,241
    I mean you can't go wrong with Beyerdynamics on average.

    For bluetooth I have huge JBL over ears though, but they were on sale.
    nevar forget

  6. #1126
    Tyrehl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [STUGH] Rote Kapelle
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    I ordered these 20 EUR Bluetooth ear headphones and they are surprisingly nice.
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01FX8JR5W/

    Much so that 2 work friends did the same.
    The one from Beyer are probably a bit nicer, doubt there will be anything wrong with them.
    How long do they hold a charge and how long does it take to recharge them? I might grab a pair for my motobike. Not so much for listening to music, I need them for turn by turn nav instructions.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

  7. #1127
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,100
    Maybe an hour to charge, and .. I don't know. 4 - 8 hours of music.
    Probably more if it's just directions ones in a while.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  8. #1128
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,369
    I seem to have a dying capacitor in my keyboard (or membrane keeping some static charge, google isn't too useful), that or the Win 10 update 1803 both causes a couple of keys to stop working very intermittently and overwrote my boot manager so I can't immediately test this hardware with a different OS...
    Internally I couldn't see any problem with the membrane, looks real good inside for its age, shame if it's on its way out.

    Any particular suggestions/features to consider for keyboards in 2018, or just stick with a simple replacement of this 10year old Microsoft/Logitech wired USB one? UK layout, half height keys, slight ergo curve is what I'm used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  9. #1129

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chichester, UK
    Posts
    1,648
    My razer deathadder 2013 middle mouse button doesn't work. Seems to be a common thing. Should I attempt to fix or just buy new? If buy new then which? All the good mice I knew of now seem to have a shitty QC reputation.

  10. #1130
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    My razer deathadder 2013 middle mouse button doesn't work. Seems to be a common thing. Should I attempt to fix or just buy new? If buy new then which? All the good mice I knew of now seem to have a shitty QC reputation.
    I`m actually using a Lancehead now and it's quite gud quality.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  11. #1131
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I seem to have a dying capacitor in my keyboard (or membrane keeping some static charge, google isn't too useful), that or the Win 10 update 1803 both causes a couple of keys to stop working very intermittently and overwrote my boot manager so I can't immediately test this hardware with a different OS...
    Internally I couldn't see any problem with the membrane, looks real good inside for its age, shame if it's on its way out.

    Any particular suggestions/features to consider for keyboards in 2018, or just stick with a simple replacement of this 10year old Microsoft/Logitech wired USB one? UK layout, half height keys, slight ergo curve is what I'm used to.
    Git mechanical but go with Cherry Brown or Red and buy 105 o-rings to mod it so you don't wake up the other people in the house with furious autistic typing ^^
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  12. #1132
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    10,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I seem to have a dying capacitor in my keyboard (or membrane keeping some static charge, google isn't too useful), that or the Win 10 update 1803 both causes a couple of keys to stop working very intermittently and overwrote my boot manager so I can't immediately test this hardware with a different OS...
    Internally I couldn't see any problem with the membrane, looks real good inside for its age, shame if it's on its way out.

    Any particular suggestions/features to consider for keyboards in 2018, or just stick with a simple replacement of this 10year old Microsoft/Logitech wired USB one? UK layout, half height keys, slight ergo curve is what I'm used to.
    Git mechanical but go with Cherry Brown or Red and buy 105 o-rings to mod it so you don't wake up the other people in the house with furious autistic typing ^^
    Not sure what you're talking about. Firstly red and black are gaming keys, browns are not at all similar to reds. They're also linear switches and not clickies like blues browns and greens.



    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

  13. #1133
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    They're also linear switches and not clickies like blues browns and greens.
    Bottoming out is still noisey, unless you have orings or red/black silent version.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  14. #1134
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,369
    But what if you most like that classic-laptop-style "soft" (rubber dome?) half height key setup? Brown-like but no need for springs if a single membrane works for almost a decade..?

    edit: never had any "common" membrane issues of wearing out responses, or combo/rollover losses, at least with this specific & highly rated old membrane incarnation.
    About to meet with the harsh reality of shitty recent production quality, like household white appliances?
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; May 26 2018 at 10:56:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  15. #1135
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    10,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    But what if you most like that classic-laptop-style "soft" (rubber dome?) half height key setup? Brown-like but no need for springs if a single membrane works for almost a decade..?

    edit: never had any "common" membrane issues of wearing out responses, or combo/rollover losses, at least with this specific & highly rated old membrane incarnation.
    About to meet with the harsh reality of shitty recent production quality, like household white appliances?
    I mean if that's what you prefer then by all means go that route. Membrane keyboards like laptops and Dell quiet touch are such a completely different animal than mechanical switches that I wouldn't recommend getting a mech kb. There are plenty of options out there available, shit they probably make the same keyboard still since dells haven't changed much since.

    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

  16. #1136
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,369
    I already investigated, it seems a very popular old model, p sure I paid ~20 for it but they're 80++ for a refurbished one now. There's a newer model that has differences, reasonable reviews. Just thought I'd doublecheck the state of the art, as I've not had to think about this peripheral for almost a decade. Wish there were more slightly curved layout options.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  17. #1137
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I seem to have a dying capacitor in my keyboard (or membrane keeping some static charge, google isn't too useful), that or the Win 10 update 1803 both causes a couple of keys to stop working very intermittently and overwrote my boot manager so I can't immediately test this hardware with a different OS...
    Internally I couldn't see any problem with the membrane, looks real good inside for its age, shame if it's on its way out.

    Any particular suggestions/features to consider for keyboards in 2018, or just stick with a simple replacement of this 10year old Microsoft/Logitech wired USB one? UK layout, half height keys, slight ergo curve is what I'm used to.
    Git mechanical but go with Cherry Brown or Red and buy 105 o-rings to mod it so you don't wake up the other people in the house with furious autistic typing ^^
    Not sure what you're talking about. Firstly red and black are gaming keys, browns are not at all similar to reds. They're also linear switches and not clickies like blues browns and greens.



    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
    First of all thanks for the infographic, very useful. Second it's from experience using them as they're the quietest amongst mechanical switches keyboards and they're both usable for typing and gaming alike. They do however make noise when bottoming out, hence the oring recommendation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  18. #1138
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I seem to have a dying capacitor in my keyboard (or membrane keeping some static charge, google isn't too useful), that or the Win 10 update 1803 both causes a couple of keys to stop working very intermittently and overwrote my boot manager so I can't immediately test this hardware with a different OS...
    It was (probably) Win10! I can turn off num lock and recover functionality of the keys, right from boot-up when previously I thought I was needing to wait a few mins for a cap/membrane to get its charge sorted. WTF did Microsoft break?!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  19. #1139

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,151
    Probably something you fucked up originally that then got further messed up by an update.

  20. #1140
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,369
    Really struggling to see what/how...
    Far more likely is that it is a hardware thing that's just a bad coincidence and strange manifestation.

    edit: "Removing" the device and having Win10 re-detect it seems to have cured the problem (fresh driver copy?). That or the cooler temps these past few days...
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; May 31 2018 at 08:43:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •