hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 105057585960
Results 1,181 to 1,195 of 1195

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Oh I should probably post here that the Logitech MX Vertical is everything I've ever wanted out of a vertical-ish mouse (good sensor & build quality) and that I'm really really happy with it. Finally an ergonomic mouse that you can game with (still not competitive FPS, but eh).

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Trusty Logitech G502 is dying, left-click only registers every third or fourth click.

Is there a Win10 bug that causes this, or do I need to see about a new mouse? And what are the popular recommendations these days?
    I don't generally trust problems that fix themselves... but the mouse is back to working normally. :shrug:
    G502s will eventually have doubleclick/scrollwheel issues depending on how much you use them, but Logitech are excellent for returns out of warranty so it's no biggie
    this is what i'm banking on - i've sent an inspired request for repair on my mx1000 (probably about...15 years old?) - scrollwheel and double click also went.

so far, they've asked me for the receipt

THE FUCK IS THE CHANCE I'VE KEPT THAT!!!

Never used a vertical mouse before or even heard about it for that matter. How's the learning curve on it? Does it just feel natural from the first second?

Looks like it should be easier on the wrist, I could actually use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Never used a vertical mouse before or even heard about it for that matter. How's the learning curve on it? Does it just feel natural from the first second?

Learning curve was nonexistent for me, but I've been using ergonomic mice and keyboards for decades. The majority of them suffer from "good idea poor execution" flaws, or have terrible quality like the 3M mice that last about 1-2 years in my experience. And most of them are fine for office and internet use, but impossible for strenuous use such as gaming. So I've always wanted a company like Logitech to step into that market (their normal mice don't count, being a bit sloped doesn't make you ergonomic) and they finally did.

All I can say is: order it from somewhere where you can send it back after a week or so and try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post

Learning curve was nonexistent for me, but I've been using ergonomic mice and keyboards for decades. The majority of them suffer from "good idea poor execution" flaws, or have terrible quality like the 3M mice that last about 1-2 years in my experience. And most of them are fine for office and internet use, but impossible for strenuous use such as gaming. So I've always wanted a company like Logitech to step into that market (their normal mice don't count, being a bit sloped doesn't make you ergonomic) and they finally did.

All I can say is: order it from somewhere where you can send it back after a week or so and try it out.
    are these basically a normal mouse flipped 90d on it's side?

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Trusty Logitech G502 is dying, left-click only registers every third or fourth click.

Is there a Win10 bug that causes this, or do I need to see about a new mouse? And what are the popular recommendations these days?
    I don't generally trust problems that fix themselves... but the mouse is back to working normally. :shrug:
    G502s will eventually have doubleclick/scrollwheel issues depending on how much you use them, but Logitech are excellent for returns out of warranty so it's no biggie
    this is what i'm banking on - i've sent an inspired request for repair on my mx1000 (probably about...15 years old?) - scrollwheel and double click also went.

Back in the day (7-8 years ago) they didnt give a fuck about a receipt, they replaced my G5 (faulty cable cause of the shitty sewing) with a G500 only asking that I stopped using the G5.
    Which I did.
    When it stopped working

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post

Back in the day (7-8 years ago) they didnt give a fuck about a receipt, they replaced my G5 (faulty cable cause of the shitty sewing) with a G500 only asking that I stopped using the G5.
    Which I did.
    When it stopped working
    I got given a 3rd hand headset which was 3 years out of warranty and they just asked for the thing back, no recipt, no packaging and Logitech mailed me a new headset before the broken one had even shipped.

Like, I had the broken one and the brand new box in my hands at the same time

I would recommend speaking to customer support directly (phone/livechat) before you do the RMA though, they'll often give you a reference number if you don't have the details to hand.

Miles better than dealing with Corsairs RMA process when I had a broken keyboard, they wanted my blood type, dick pic and my brothers neighbours cats social security number before they'd even consider taking it back
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; November 7 2018 at 01:17:51 AM.

Just received logitech G413 Keyboard today. Is essentially a replacement for a dying G710+, as I bought a razor thing, and a few off brand mechanical cheap keyboards and didn't like any of them. This G413 is nice though.

Their 'romer g' keys are like Cherry brown on a rubber O ring, but better (it doesn't feel spongey). Afaik the key bottoms out on a slight rubber cushion, so you get the tactile feedback on the keypress with a quiet and soft bottom out. perfect for what i want. The lighting is better than Cherry RGB keys too, as the LEDs sit deeper inside the plastic stem, meaning there's less bleedthrough of light from the bottom of the key and a cleaner sharper light from the key facing.

ticks other boxes for me: usb passthrough, macro programmable, solid build quality/feel, quiet, fairly small, not 1337 g4m0r aesthetic.

having tried 5 keyboards in 18 months, I feel this is the best < 100 keyboard out there.

Last edited by Shiodome; November 7 2018 at 11:10:18 AM.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Looks and sounds identical to a mates 30 Chinese LED mech keyboard

Probably built in the same factory tbqh (I think more people need to catch onto China being pretty good at switches/keyboards now)

i tried two chinese keyboards this year (Tecknet & Aukey), they're cheaper and ok for the price, but well... just not 'good'.
    Last edited by Shiodome; November 7 2018 at 03:18:15 PM.

No, 57 degrees. 90 is too much IMHO.

No, 57 degrees. 90 is too much IMHO.
    hmmm i might try and find one and have a play +1

What games do you play with it Overspark ?

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    What games do you play with it Overspark ?
    I'm more of a strategy guy than an FPS guy. But something like Fallout works absolutely fine with it.

P much the only reason I don't recommend it for competitive FPS gameplay is that there is a slight tendency to move the mouse when pressing a button, so it's easier to miss. You have to squeeze your whole hand when pressing a button to compensate for this and keep the mouse in place.

just looking at how i move a mouse, it seems like it would be much harder for me to move easily and precisely forwards and backwards with a vertical mouse (as opposed to side to side). if you move your whole forearm to control the mouse it probably wouldn't matter, but for me that back/forward movement is very much in the fingers.