hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1195

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm not really keen on getting another board just to test topres and that hasu control board swap looks great tbh, but can't find a source to source one.

My Razers have blue and respectively green switches, my only issue with them is the non-stop clackity clack clack, I've been enjoying the Blacks/Browns much more with o-ring mods they tend to be rather silent.
    a) razer are garbage, don't buy them and b) blues are the loudest switches so idk what you were expecting

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I'm not really keen on getting another board just to test topres and that hasu control board swap looks great tbh, but can't find a source to source one.

My Razers have blue and respectively green switches, my only issue with them is the non-stop clackity clack clack, I've been enjoying the Blacks/Browns much more with o-ring mods they tend to be rather silent.
    a) razer are garbage, don't buy them and b) blues are the loudest switches so idk what you were expecting
    Razer are not garbage unless you were born typing on MX or Topre switches. I've encountered this exagerration many times and it's becoming tiring, please save it for reddit or smth. They're mildly overpriced and have lots of RGBs and flashy stuff about them, but they're not garbage. My 2012 Blackwidow Ultimate is still fully functional and one of the other reasons I'm using the Pok3r is the MX Blacks are so silent. Other than that, it's probably a phase and I'm sure I'll end up rotating between them at one point. I like my wavy waves when playing Warships, what can I say.

Regarding blue switches, I was well aware how loud they are, it was a statement, not a complaint
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

Razer are not garbage unless you were born typing on MX or Topre switches. I've encountered this exagerration many times and it's becoming tiring, please save it for reddit or smth. They're mildly overpriced and have lots of RGBs and flashy stuff about them, but they're not garbage. My 2012 Blackwidow Ultimate is still fully functional and one of the other reasons I'm using the Pok3r is the MX Blacks are so silent. Other than that, it's probably a phase and I'm sure I'll end up rotating between them at one point. I like my wavy waves when playing Warships, what can I say.

Regarding blue switches, I was well aware how loud they are, it was a statement, not a complaint
    no, Razer are literally chinese tier no QC flimsy shite.

Must be a new thing. The Razer I just replaced was probably 8 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    relatively so yes, around 2011-2012 they switched to using what are effectively Chinese brand knockoff switches and other molds for their products

Nice meme, if anything razer got less awful in recent years for most of their shit. A lot of that meme is from the old days where they were garbage tier.

Does anyone know of a wireless rechargable mouse, similar (in the recharging part) to the Mad Catz R.A.T. 5?

That one did come with two batteries and its USB hub acted as the recharging station for the battery not in use. So you never run out of juice and it allows to change batteries on-the-fly, only taking a few seconds.

All the other fancy features don't matter much to me, the above was the reason I bought it back in the day.

check check nerds I have done a purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Does anyone know of a wireless rechargable mouse, similar (in the recharging part) to the Mad Catz R.A.T. 5?

That one did come with two batteries and its USB hub acted as the recharging station for the battery not in use. So you never run out of juice and it allows to change batteries on-the-fly, only taking a few seconds.

All the other fancy features don't matter much to me, the above was the reason I bought it back in the day.
    Look for new RAT 9 on ebay, MadCatz is gone but there should be plenty of stuff left over. However if it breaks, no warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    relatively so yes, around 2011-2012 they switched to using what are effectively Chinese brand knockoff switches and other molds for their products
    They switched to Green/Orange switches much more recently My 2012 BW has Cherry MX Blues.

Razer is all over with switches depending on the year you purchased it. They made the swap from cherry to kalih clones in 2014. Then in 2015 they also swapped to using greetech switches. Now Razer uses greetechs as their chroma rgbs and went back to using authentic cherrys in Mono color back lighting and non back lit boards.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I went for the ASUS ROG Claymore w/Red switches

B-but you can get a Topre for that kind of money...

Also indi's Razer died fairly fast, she's on a Coolermaster now which actually has decent switches, brown cherries IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Razer is all over with switches depending on the year you purchased it. They made the swap from cherry to kalih clones in 2014. Then in 2015 they also swapped to using greetech switches. Now Razer uses greetechs as their chroma rgbs and went back to using authentic cherrys in Mono color back lighting and non back lit boards.

I am currently typing this on a 2011 Razer kbd with cherry blue switches. Love it (my gf hates the clicky sound tho)
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

What I'm seriously debating now is how long do Topres actually last? At the end of the day, the build of the switch includes that membrane that surely deteriorates rather quickly (read <5 years? Idk). By comparison, a Cherry switch would last potentially decades, especially if well cared for (lubed every now and then). Any ideas/opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

Look for new RAT 9 on ebay, MadCatz is gone but there should be plenty of stuff left over. However if it breaks, no warranty.
    I knew that they were gone, but it's actually back again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    On January 4, 2018, Mad Catz Global Limited (a new company headquartered in Kowloon, Hong Kong), with new ownership of previous Mad Catz trademarks, announced the return of the Mad Catz brand and the launch of a new line of products at CES 2018.
    But none of their new R.A.T. mice are comparable in that recharging regard.

I know that there are plenty of "old new" Mad Catz mice out there, but I'm hesitant to buy unsupported stuff. It's not so much about warranty, but more driver support/issues. Especially with Win 10 and its update cicle. Who knows if the next release doesn't break that driver? Even if it might not be MS' fault, i.e. screwing the update up, but rather the driver was poorly done from the start and now MS has to fix something that driver relied upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I went for the ASUS ROG Claymore w/Red switches

B-but you can get a Topre for that kind of money...

Also indi's Razer died fairly fast, she's on a Coolermaster now which actually has decent switches, brown cherries IIRC.
    I like the detachable numpad but that's still stupid money for what is a shit keyboard

What I'm seriously debating now is how long do Topres actually last? At the end of the day, the build of the switch includes that membrane that surely deteriorates rather quickly (read <5 years? Idk). By comparison, a Cherry switch would last potentially decades, especially if well cared for (lubed every now and then). Any ideas/opinions?
    According to realforce, topre switches are rated for 50m clicks. Keep in mind they're not a traditional membrane keyboard but electro capacitive, the rubber dome is basically a dampener around the spring

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Currently typing this on a Topre that I've had for... more than 10 years? It's still in perfect condition. Everything works, it's survived multiple drinks over it, no sticky keys or whatever. This thing is a tank. Zero maintenance as well.

Yeah topre are basically indestructible

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Trusty Logitech G502 is dying, left-click only registers every third or fourth click.

Is there a Win10 bug that causes this, or do I need to see about a new mouse? And what are the popular recommendations these days?
    I don't generally trust problems that fix themselves... but the mouse is back to working normally. :shrug:
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Trusty Logitech G502 is dying, left-click only registers every third or fourth click.

Is there a Win10 bug that causes this, or do I need to see about a new mouse? And what are the popular recommendations these days?
    I don't generally trust problems that fix themselves... but the mouse is back to working normally. :shrug:
    G502s will eventually have doubleclick/scrollwheel issues depending on how much you use them, but Logitech are excellent for returns out of warranty so it's no biggie