hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 848555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1195

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

  1. #1141
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,100
    So, I've had my Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 for a few years now (since end of 2012, actually). Thing has been amazing, although the feet went first (replaced), then started having bits of plastic around it chip (bottom of the Razer logo).

    So it was time for an upgrade? Not really, keyboard was freaking solid and without issues, but since I got the Lancehead I was really curious about the whole Chroma thingie.


    Well, it's amazing. Got a Blackwidow Chroma X, which is a minimalistic (not tournament minimalistic without numpad minimalistic, but it has no dedicated macro keys). It's heavy AF, made from metal all around (except keycaps unfortunately) and I'm sure you could murder somebody with it. Chroma Workshop is quite cool and it supports per key custom illumination as well as presets for some of the more popular games out there.

    From a switch perspective, the BU2013 had blue switches which are clicky af but offer really good feedback. The only issue with the Chroma X was that it has the "Razer green switches", which honestly feel they're between the MX Black and MX Blue from a feedback/feel pov, but with less clicky-ness.

    Overall happy. There's my keyboard for the next 5-10 years.

    Unhappy with:
    - lack of dedicated macro keys which I used for foobar control; ohwell;
    - lack of jack/mic plugs on it - can live without them, but they were vvv convenient;
    - lack of USB port - good for quick extension, but it was USB 2.0 anyway;
    - no 2 USB connector - thank god it doesn't require 2 USB ports anymore.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  2. #1142
    Tailn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    To close to London
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I seem to have a dying capacitor in my keyboard (or membrane keeping some static charge, google isn't too useful), that or the Win 10 update 1803 both causes a couple of keys to stop working very intermittently and overwrote my boot manager so I can't immediately test this hardware with a different OS...
    It was (probably) Win10! I can turn off num lock and recover functionality of the keys, right from boot-up when previously I thought I was needing to wait a few mins for a cap/membrane to get its charge sorted. WTF did Microsoft break?!
    hmm just had the bosses laptop handed to me dead. Would only load win recovery looks like 1803 update he started off bricked secure boot :/ turning that off and boots fine now.


    Any one have an opinion about Roccat's new Vulcan keyboard or their Titan switches, it looks shiny but is it any good.
    Last edited by Tailn; July 18 2018 at 05:39:30 PM.

    "Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

  3. #1143
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I seem to have a dying capacitor in my keyboard (or membrane keeping some static charge, google isn't too useful), that or the Win 10 update 1803 both causes a couple of keys to stop working very intermittently and overwrote my boot manager so I can't immediately test this hardware with a different OS...
    It was (probably) Win10! I can turn off num lock and recover functionality of the keys, right from boot-up when previously I thought I was needing to wait a few mins for a cap/membrane to get its charge sorted. WTF did Microsoft break?!
    hmm just had the bosses laptop handed to me dead. Would only load win recovery looks like 1803 update he started off bricked secure boot :/ turning that off and boots fine now.


    Any one have an opinion about Roccat's new Vulcan keyboard or their Titan switches, it looks shiny but is it any good.
    Took a look at it and I'm not really impressed. I generally avoid proprietary switches like the plague. At best they are just weird version of standard switches without the QC of the big manufacturers and the years of refinement that went into the switch design. I am also not sure how this tactile, but silent switch works in reality since the tactile response is created by a mechanism that clicks in the switch, I also personally do not like tactile switches for gaming; love em for typing, but for gaming I much prefer a linear switch.

    Debouncing is a fucking gimmick, full stop. They are claiming a 2 millisecond better debounce time than a standard cherry switch; you would be hard pressed to find any game where the engine poll's the hardware that fast.

    Reading the various reviews on it, most of them are just felating themselves over the half keys & aimo lighting, and I personally think the lighting is over done and would get annoying pretty quick

    So if you're really drawn to its looks I'd say go for it. If you just want a solid RGB gaming board there are others I would recommend taking a look at first, such as the Corsair K95, Ducky Shine/One/Year of series. Or if you don't mind spending some serious cash for the best out, check out the Topre Realforce RGB

  4. #1144
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,488
    I'm looking for a new keyboard.

    My only requirements is a Volume control and detachable numpad.
    Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of products with the detachable numpad

  5. #1145
    vDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Location
    �� out there
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I'm looking for a new keyboard.

    My only requirements is a Volume control and detachable numpad.
    Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of products with the detachable numpad
    My Sidewinder x6 has both.

    ...but it's also like 10 years old.

  6. #1146
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,488
    Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I'm looking for a new keyboard.

    My only requirements is a Volume control and detachable numpad.
    Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of products with the detachable numpad
    My Sidewinder x6 has both.

    ...but it's also like 10 years old.
    Thats what I'm using now, and my volume control is dying

  7. #1147
    vDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Location
    �� out there
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I'm looking for a new keyboard.

    My only requirements is a Volume control and detachable numpad.
    Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of products with the detachable numpad
    My Sidewinder x6 has both.

    ...but it's also like 10 years old.
    Thats what I'm using now, and my volume control is dying
    Yeah sometimes I have to unplug/replug too
    I like this keyboard, got it for 30 too...

  8. #1148

    Join Date
    July 14, 2013
    Posts
    1,733
    Trusty Logitech G502 is dying, left-click only registers every third or fourth click.

    Is there a Win10 bug that causes this, or do I need to see about a new mouse? And what are the popular recommendations these days?
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

  9. #1149
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,100
    Try and live boot a Ubuntu thingie and see how it works. If it does, it's a Windows bug, idk. If not, look into replacing the switch, it isn't such a big deal. If you really want a new mouse, it's very subjective on what you could enjoy, I always recommended the G700(S) for its versatility, nice weight and ease of use with a full hand grip, solid hardware and Logitech brand which unfortunately lately means shoddy software but you can't really have it all.

    Avoid the Razer Lachesis like the plague, I had a run in with Razer Tech Support about my Mamba 2012 (which has a removable user replaceable battery) and to my "bruh it's swollen and no workie" they went like "idk bruh, we no manufacture, see ebay", so I had to get an ebay replacement which hasn't explodificated (yet). The Lachesis is their top mouse right now but you need to take apart the whole thing to reach the battery so I was really torn whether to keep it or not. Ended up keeping it because it's so nice to use and the shape is truly ambidextrous, but Synapse is a nightmare, non-user replaceable battery is going to be a nightmare and honestly screw them.

    If I were to get one mouse (to rule them all), I would sincerely go with anything that has AA or AAA batteries inside. I'm sick and tired of proprietary batteries and the consumerism oriented products (to be replaced inside 3-4 years). Or just get a wired decent mouse like a Steelseries (idk which are the new wired variants tbh). They really have solid hardware and software and they don't just forget about their mice (hell, they still have the software for the Xai available on their website iirc).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  10. #1150
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    5,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Trusty Logitech G502 is dying, left-click only registers every third or fourth click.

    Is there a Win10 bug that causes this, or do I need to see about a new mouse? And what are the popular recommendations these days?
    If you're lazy then just wing it at Logitech returns, they'll RMA almost anything even if it's out of warranty, I'm on my 3rd 502 in the last 10 years

    kinda want to get another keyboard but Noppoo don't appear to exist anymore and I like this keyboard too much

  11. #1151

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    2,826
    Picked up a Logitech G213 as my old Razer keyboard gave up. It has RGB (booh) and for some reason Logitech has made the non mechanical pads noisy when you press them. Stupid doesn't begin to cover it.

    On the plus side, it's comfortable, sturdy, fairly barebones, pretty cheap without feeling cheap, has a volume control and a mute button and a cable so I don't have to worry about spare batteries and I can shut off or mute the RGB.

    That stupid clickity clack on the keyboard though, writing an essay on this thing would do my head in.

  12. #1152
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    5,143
    Probs going to get either the Filco Mastertouch 2 or some kind of Ducky, I miss my numpad

  13. #1153
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,100
    Been rocking a Vortex Pok3r for a few weeks now, Cherry MX Black switches, 4 layers (three programmable), tiny and portable, great keyboarding fun. Boxed both my Razers and waiting on a good reason to unload them to ebay tbqfh.

    Super tempted to get a HHKB Pro 2, the Topre allure is hard to resist.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  14. #1154
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,488
    I went for the ASUS ROG Claymore w/Red switches


  15. #1155
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Probs going to get either the Filco Mastertouch 2 or some kind of Ducky, I miss my numpad
    Would recommend a ducky over filco, I've found the master touch to be pretty lack luster

    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

  16. #1156
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Been rocking a Vortex Pok3r for a few weeks now, Cherry MX Black switches, 4 layers (three programmable), tiny and portable, great keyboarding fun. Boxed both my Razers and waiting on a good reason to unload them to ebay tbqfh.

    Super tempted to get a HHKB Pro 2, the Topre allure is hard to resist.
    Unless you're looking for a TKL, why not get the real thing if you're after topres? I love my realforce rgb, nothing quite like the thwok of topres

    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

  17. #1157
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,100
    I'm looking for a 60%, not a TKL. I'm in love with the format, it's so nice to not have all the desk cluttered with the keyboard only. Now I can use my drawing tablet nicely, as well as the midi controllers I rigged for Lightroom/Capture 1 Pro use, a notepad and so on. Easily removable, easily to carry around, I even take it to work because fuck membrane keyboards that people use without washing their hands (in a hospital this tends to be a rather awful problem).

    RGB is not really attractive to me, I realized after getting the Razer keebs that I don't really look at the keyboard that much so... there's really no point in that.

    Only big issue with the HHKB 2 Pro is that it's not programmable. And that's a big minus. The only way I got really used to teh Pok3r is by making caps lock the Fn key and binding Fn + WASD as arrow keys and Fn + Q as Home, Fn + E as End and so on.

    Interestingly, I find the MX Blacks a bit hard to actuate after a few hours of typing. I suppose I should have gone for MX Brown or Red.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  18. #1158
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm looking for a 60%, not a TKL. I'm in love with the format, it's so nice to not have all the desk cluttered with the keyboard only. Now I can use my drawing tablet nicely, as well as the midi controllers I rigged for Lightroom/Capture 1 Pro use, a notepad and so on. Easily removable, easily to carry around, I even take it to work because fuck membrane keyboards that people use without washing their hands (in a hospital this tends to be a rather awful problem).

    RGB is not really attractive to me, I realized after getting the Razer keebs that I don't really look at the keyboard that much so... there's really no point in that.

    Only big issue with the HHKB 2 Pro is that it's not programmable. And that's a big minus. The only way I got really used to teh Pok3r is by making caps lock the Fn key and binding Fn + WASD as arrow keys and Fn + Q as Home, Fn + E as End and so on.

    Interestingly, I find the MX Blacks a bit hard to actuate after a few hours of typing. I suppose I should have gone for MX Brown or Red.
    I'd say take a gander at the Leopold fc660c if you want to scratch the topre itch on a small board, little bigger than a poker, somewhere in between 60% and a tkl. Afaik there isn't a programmable 60% w/ topre switches. However, if you are feeling frisky you can swap out the controller in a hhkb2 for a hasu control board that will make it fully programmable and blue tooth too

    Wrt to cherry switches, personnaly I prefer tactile switches. I've played around with some nice linears setups and even a hall effect, and while they feel quite nice, I find them a bit annoying to type on in general. Since my work consists of basically typing all day I went with blues on my vortex vibe (numpad is love, double zero is life) and have been very happy with them. Browns are a solid choice as well and will make your co-workers hate you less, not sure what Razer board you have, but Razer green and orange switches are basically cheap knock off of blues and browns respectively, so pluck a cap off yours and you'll have a good reference point.

    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

  19. #1159
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,100
    I'm not really keen on getting another board just to test topres and that hasu control board swap looks great tbh, but can't find a source to source one.

    My Razers have blue and respectively green switches, my only issue with them is the non-stop clackity clack clack, I've been enjoying the Blacks/Browns much more with o-ring mods they tend to be rather silent.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  20. #1160
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm not really keen on getting another board just to test topres and that hasu control board swap looks great tbh, but can't find a source to source one.

    My Razers have blue and respectively green switches, my only issue with them is the non-stop clackity clack clack, I've been enjoying the Blacks/Browns much more with o-ring mods they tend to be rather silent.
    My Red switches are silent as the night.

    Keyboards should be seen, not heard.
    Last edited by VARRAKK; October 31 2018 at 09:36:03 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •