hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 135360616263
Results 1,241 to 1,257 of 1257

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

G500 still master race

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    G500 still master race
    I have some mice that work well and are wired, but I wanted a wireless one that has long enough battery life for me.

A few days into using the G603 daily, it's really good but fml it feels too narrow. I got used to the Steelseries Xai, which is literally the perfect width for my hands and grip style (full palm grip).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

How many mice do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Too many. Haven't counted them lately, but an inventory is due soon. Idk if it's a collector thing or simply I like the different styles for different games.

What I can say for sure is what irks me with my two favourites:
    - G700 - Logitech kept messing with the damn software and it keeps forgetting its profiles. Apparently it's a thing with it. And Logitech also removed the possibility of putting mission control from OS X on the middle click, which is completely bonkers;
    - Razer Lancehead - Synapse is complete shit and I can't be bothered using v3 which makes use of the on-board memory;
    - Steelseries Xai - this thing is just infuriating on how it gets detected or not on most modern boards (past 2013 boards, that is). It can literally block the boot process in the BIOS

All the above are known documented problems that you only come across when you come across them, i.e. the peripherals are fine in themselves, just have tiny crap attached to them. I haven't yet found an actual perfect (read: problem free) mouse so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Too many. Haven't counted them lately, but an inventory is due soon. Idk if it's a collector thing or simply I like the different styles for different games.

- G700 - Logitech kept messing with the damn software and it keeps forgetting its profiles. Apparently it's a thing with it. And Logitech also removed the possibility of putting mission control from OS X on the middle click, which is completely bonkers;
    - Razer Lancehead - Synapse is complete shit and I can't be bothered using v3 which makes use of the on-board memory;
    - Steelseries Xai - this thing is just infuriating on how it gets detected or not on most modern boards (past 2013 boards, that is). It can literally block the boot process in the BIOS

All the above are known documented problems that you only come across when you come across them, i.e. the peripherals are fine in themselves, just have tiny crap attached to them. I haven't yet found an actual perfect (read: problem free) mouse so far.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

You know you are a freak right? No right to be so good using that thing

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

You know you are a freak right? No right to be so good using that thing

fucking hell Varcaus is a savant

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Had those at my local library years ago. My workplace uses hundreds of these:

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

You sure you aren't blaming being shit at games on the mouse you are using at the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Wait varcaus plays fps with a trackball???

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Wait varcaus plays fps with a trackball???
    C

Edit = now go rewatch his apex vids sin game pings

Last edited by cullnean; April 15 2019 at 04:43:30 PM.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    cosmin do you actually have different mice for different games?

You sure you aren't blaming being shit at games on the mouse you are using at the time
    Hah no, I am aware I am terrible, but I do a lot of stuff with my PC besides gaming

On the plus side, none of those mice actually died, and I've been hoarding them since 2009 (here's to the original G9, what a piece of work that mouse is).

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    cosmin do you actually have different mice for different games?
    Honestly the only mice I prefer for certain games are the Razer Spectre for Starcraft 2 and the Xai/Mamba/Lancehead for FPS stuff. When I used to play WoW or Guild Wars 2 I preferred the G700 for the plethora of butans.

I didn't buy them specifically to play different games, I guess they just added up. For example, I got the Razer Marauder and the Spectre simply because I love SC2 that much and they're nice collector's items (they do have a patina though from usage). The Mamba because I wanted a wireless mouse but that receiver is way too big (hence the Lancehead which has a micro receiver). The G700 is the oldest (got it when it launched for MMOs where the G9 simply didn't have enough buttons). Idk, got the RAT 9 because of the shape but it has terrible tracking issues if a 1 micron thing gets in the sensor. The Xai - loved the shape, still one of my favourites. Got its clone - the Diablo III mouse - because I love Diablo? I also have a Genesys or whatever because that mouse is freaking epic to use (glossy surface makes it dodgy tho, tends to slip a lot). Err. Got a free optical wireless Tecknet mouse as a bundle and it used to be the best mouse in the house - instadetection on any OS/hardware - but it's too small. The G603 is kinda replacement for the latter.

Oh, and got an Apple Magic Mouse but that shit is horrible to use. But it is great for showing off when doing a presentation off the Mac and it has zero lag albeit 2xAA and BT... idk how Apple did it, but Logitech could learn something given the G603's really shitty BT connection.

Still have my HP ball mouse from my first PC, that thing refuses to die
    Last edited by Cosmin; April 15 2019 at 06:09:13 PM.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

You had to ask

I've screenshot this, I don't think I had such a good laugh this week until now