Page 2562 of 2566 FirstFirst ... 156220622462251225522559256025612562256325642565 ... LastLast
Results 51,221 to 51,240 of 51312

Thread: Anthology of Gender Normative Image Oppression™ NSFW | CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE, SHITLORD

  1. #51221
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,865
    For the Stargate fans


    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  2. #51222
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    6,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post

  3. #51223
    Cortess's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    For the Stargate fans


    supposed to be a troll?

    this is all Asgard-technology ...

    well, not that it matters, bad picture is still bad.

  4. #51224
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    For the Stargate fans


    <snip>
    supposed to be a troll?

    this is all Asgard-technology ...

    well, not that it matters, bad picture is still bad.
    Thats the joke.

  5. #51225
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,972

  6. #51226
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    12,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Did it reach the intended recipient?

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  7. #51227
    Antimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    A place of perpetual negativity
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    For the Stargate fans


    <snip>
    supposed to be a troll?

    this is all Asgard-technology ...

    well, not that it matters, bad picture is still bad.
    Thats the joke.
    If that's the joke, it was awful, truly awful


  8. #51228
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    9,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    For the Stargate fans


    <snip>
    supposed to be a troll?

    this is all Asgard-technology ...

    well, not that it matters, bad picture is still bad.
    Thats the joke.
    If that's the joke, it was awful, truly awful
    I mean, have you seen the show?

  9. #51229
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,972

  10. #51230
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    For the Stargate fans


    <snip>
    supposed to be a troll?

    this is all Asgard-technology ...

    well, not that it matters, bad picture is still bad.
    Thats the joke.
    If that's the joke, it was awful, truly awful
    I mean, have you seen the show?
    Ehum

    "The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulfur.”"
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  11. #51231
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    eehhhhhhhhh?

    By that logic every latin alphabet language other than English should adopt other alphabets because they have diacritical marks. Also, the second bit is kinda moot, since every nation on earth modifies their written alphabets to suit their phonetic alphabets.
    Last edited by Venec; October 10 2017 at 09:02:21 PM.

  12. #51232
    Antimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    A place of perpetual negativity
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    For the Stargate fans


    <snip>
    supposed to be a troll?

    this is all Asgard-technology ...

    well, not that it matters, bad picture is still bad.
    Thats the joke.
    If that's the joke, it was awful, truly awful
    I mean, have you seen the show?
    Ehum

    "The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulfur.”"
    I have watched it, and I agree with cortess, the top IS tau're, in fact some of it is jaffa, which makes even less sense. The bottom is asgard, if it's supposed to be funny it isn't, it makes zero sense.


  13. #51233

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    For the Stargate fans


    <snip>
    supposed to be a troll?

    this is all Asgard-technology ...

    well, not that it matters, bad picture is still bad.
    Thats the joke.
    If that's the joke, it was awful, truly awful
    I mean, have you seen the show?
    Ehum

    "The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulfur.”"
    I have watched it, and I agree with cortess, the top IS tau're, in fact some of it is jaffa, which makes even less sense. The bottom is asgard, if it's supposed to be funny it isn't, it makes zero sense.
    ACKUTCHUALLLY.....

    I think the top right image might even be of replicant-Carter, which makes even less sense. And the third row right is ancient-brainfucked O'Neill (?), dunno how that is supposed to fit in.


    But for it supposedly being such a shit show, i guess we know a lot about it.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; October 10 2017 at 10:25:30 PM.

  14. #51234
    Donor lubica's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    On the shitty side of the Alps
    Posts
    4,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    For the Stargate fans


    <snip>
    supposed to be a troll?

    this is all Asgard-technology ...

    well, not that it matters, bad picture is still bad.
    Thats the joke.
    If that's the joke, it was awful, truly awful
    I mean, have you seen the show?
    Ehum

    "The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulfur.”"
    I have watched it, and I agree with cortess, the top IS tau're, in fact some of it is jaffa, which makes even less sense. The bottom is asgard, if it's supposed to be funny it isn't, it makes zero sense.
    ACKUTCHUALLLY.....

    I think the top right image might even be of replicant-Carter, which makes even less sense. And the third row right is ancient-brainfucked O'Neill (?), dunno how that is supposed to fit in.


    But for it supposedly being such a shit show, i guess we know a lot about it.
    nerds


    Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

  15. #51235
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    eehhhhhhhhh?

    By that logic every latin alphabet language other than English should adopt other alphabets because they have diacritical marks. Also, the second bit is kinda moot, since every nation on earth modifies their written alphabets to suit their phonetic alphabets.
    Buddy if you think italian, german, french or romanian look anywhere near as convoluted with that stuff as polish, you need your eyes checked. I can mostly sound out and read all of those. Polish is an old meme for hard to sound out.

    I won't speak for portuguese because that shit is weird. Nor will I mention dutch or anything else up there cause they're weird too. But I think you're wrong.
    Last edited by Frug; October 11 2017 at 03:12:49 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  16. #51236
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    12,532
    It's as if alphabets weren't designed to do anything really well but had arbitrarily assigned sounds to symbols. Not to mention that politics throughout the history of a region had a much larger impact on what alphabet is used than what would have made sense.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  17. #51237
    Bamse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18, 2012
    Location
    Vikingcountry of Denmark
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    For the Stargate fans


    <snip>
    supposed to be a troll?

    this is all Asgard-technology ...

    well, not that it matters, bad picture is still bad.
    Thats the joke.
    If that's the joke, it was awful, truly awful
    I mean, have you seen the show?
    Ehum

    "The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulfur.”"
    I have watched it, and I agree with cortess, the top IS tau're, in fact some of it is jaffa, which makes even less sense. The bottom is asgard, if it's supposed to be funny it isn't, it makes zero sense.
    ACKUTCHUALLLY.....

    I think the top right image might even be of replicant-Carter, which makes even less sense. And the third row right is ancient-brainfucked O'Neill (?), dunno how that is supposed to fit in.


    But for it supposedly being such a shit show, i guess we know a lot about it.
    nerds
    Warning, SG-Nerdaton incomming...
    First pic is of the anti-Goa'uld poison used on a camp belonging to the Jaffa resistance, second pic is definately of Replicator-Carter.
    Third pic is of a Prior of the Ori, fourth pic of a Lucian Alliance smuggler ship.

    So none of these have anything to do with the Tau'ri, directly.

    Second set of images are all from episodes revolving around the Asgard, no idea why that is..

  18. #51238

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    eehhhhhhhhh?

    By that logic every latin alphabet language other than English should adopt other alphabets because they have diacritical marks. Also, the second bit is kinda moot, since every nation on earth modifies their written alphabets to suit their phonetic alphabets.
    Buddy if you think italian, german, french or romanian look anywhere near as convoluted with that stuff as polish, you need your eyes checked. I can mostly sound out and read all of those. Polish is an old meme for hard to sound out.

    I won't speak for portuguese because that shit is weird. Nor will I mention dutch or anything else up there cause they're weird too. But I think you're wrong.
    I actually bet my ass you can't. Not properly at least.

    Cyrillic is about as appropriate for random foreign languages as the Latin alphabet is, but I know lolpoland and all. You also have to be a particular kind of retard if you think they all sound alike.

    Only language I can think of with a writing system specifically designed for it and only it is Korean, and linguists used to wank themselves to death over it at some point precisely because that's so rare and special.

    I know, autism over a dumb meme, but God it's a dumb one.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; October 11 2017 at 07:59:34 AM.

  19. #51239
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,614
    do koreans use pictograms or letters?

  20. #51240
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    do koreans use pictograms or letters?
    Why not both?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •