Page 2613 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1613211325132563260326102611261226132614261526162623 ... LastLast
Results 52,241 to 52,260 of 52573

Thread: Anthology of Gender Normative Image Oppression™ NSFW | CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE, SHITLORD

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Why did they ever switch form swords to rapiers anyway?
    weight

firearms made heavy armor obsolete
    swordfights became more dynamic etc
    if that's the point you wanted to make, just say that in the first place. (Instead of saying 'weight')

If you want to be accurate, it's not because armour was 'out of style' at the time, but because they were for civilian use where armour wasn't a factor. Later WHEN armour started to phase out the rapier transitioned to military use as it became viable. Your chronology is wrong. I've never seen someone get so pissy about someone contributing more accurate information in answer to a question.
    Amazin scenes. We cant into forest larpin...

Drink till she looks good, I guess.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Any port in a storm.

Spoiler:
    I don't know much about the amphibian life cycle but can he still win if he drags the carcas to a pond or something?

Do you want zombie tadpoles? Because that is how you get zombie tadpoles.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

all the rest memes: https://imgur.com/gallery/ObwXj

Cryingeagle.jpg
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

He would have received CroFab, I used to make that. It is a polyclonal antibody.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crotal...ent_immune_fab

I'm not sure who the VIPER institute is or was but I have never heard of it.

is it liquid gold or smth

idk about the humble Rattler, but if a Black Mamba tags you, they need a lot of anti venom to save you (maybe). Up to 20 vials by the official procedure.

http://toxicology.ucsd.edu/Snakebite...s/Dendroa3.htm
    meh

How much antivenom do you need for the snake to not leave you bankrupt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    How much antivenom do you need for the snake to not leave you bankrupt?
    Perhaps you should not have tread on him.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    idk about the humble Rattler, but if a Black Mamba tags you, they need a lot of anti venom to save you (maybe). Up to 20 vials by the official procedure.

yeah well does a vial go for 4k bux is what i'm asking here

That's the price of freedumb mate

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Donor

No, what you're seeing is charges that are used for initial negotiations with insurance companies where each of the hospitals charges can be reduced by up to or exceeding %70 and the hospital still makes a profit. If the person was insured they would spend their co-pay and never see prices that stupid, being uninsured they are placed in the circumstance where they have to be the negotiator. If that was me for example the most I would have to spend regardless of hospital charges is $1,500 with the additional caveat that any further medical bills including prescriptions would be free of charge to me for the remainder of the year (well I would still pay my monthly $50 for health insurance).

As for the antivenom I believe it's about $100-$200 per dose for rattlesnakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

No, what you're seeing is charges that are used for initial negotiations with insurance companies where each of the hospitals charges can be reduced by up to or exceeding %70 and the hospital still makes a profit. If the person was insured they would spend their co-pay and never see prices that stupid, being uninsured they are placed in the circumstance where they have to be the negotiator. If that was me for example the most I would have to spend regardless of hospital charges is $1,500 with the additional caveat that any further medical bills including prescriptions would be free of charge to me for the remainder of the year (well I would still pay my monthly $50 for health insurance).

As for the antivenom I believe it's about $100-$200 per dose for rattlesnakes.
    Can you even negotiate as an individual against a hospital? If not, the price discrepancy is cartel behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

How do you negotiate after the (involuntary) fact? What bargaining chip does the patient have, other than go into bankrupcy before the full bill is paid?

What a crock of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    How do you negotiate after the (involuntary) fact? What bargaining chip does the patient have, other than go into bankrupcy before the full bill is paid?

What a crock of shit.
    I mean, to some extent, that is the bargaining chip. "I can't pay X, so can we make it Y?"

Yes, it's fucking shitty.

There was a case a couple years back where a woman who had health insurance was in an accident and the ambulance took her to the nearest hospital. That hospital didn't have a deal with her insurance company, whereas the next one down the road a couple miles did.

Because she ended up at the wrong hospital, her insurance only covered a portion of her treatment and she ended up on the hook for something like another $50k or $100k and considering bankruptcy.

The whole system is fucked.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.