Page 2780 of 2819 FirstFirst ... 1780228026802730277027772778277927802781278227832790 ... LastLast
Results 55,581 to 55,600 of 56370

Thread: Anthology of Gender Normative Image Oppression™ NSFW | CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE, SHITLORD

  1. #55581
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post


      Spoiler:
    Ie. liberals vs lefties
    You should post this over on r/gendercritical
    I don't go to reddit, explain.
    Just have a look.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/GenderCriti...the_sexism_of/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/GenderCriti...family_member/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/GenderCriti..._forstater_do/

    TL;DR transgender activism is a liberal/neoliberal/patriarchal plot, true lefty radfems know this.

  2. #55582
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    7,093
    If those are TERFs then fuck'em. Bunch of toxic scum.

    As I said, I don't know reddit. I don't even know how to read the fucking thing.

    Content:

    Last edited by Venec; December 26 2019 at 07:13:48 PM.

  3. #55583
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    If those are TERFs then fuck'em. Bunch of toxic scum.

    As I said, I don't know reddit. I don't even know how to read the fucking thing.
    Something like that.

  4. #55584
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    7,428
    One thing I do dislike though is trans-women speaking for cis-women.

    It's one thing to go "fuck the patriarchy!" together, but phrases like "as a woman..." elide the fact that the lived experience is very different.

    It's the same reason that 'White Feminism' is often called out. It purports to speak for all women when in reality it obscures the fact that the lived experiences of different women are different.

    The example I'm thinking of is Cate MacGregor.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cate_McGregor

    This story makes the difference in perspective clear:
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ised-by-sexism

    Literally every cis-female I've spoken to about that has basically gone "Really, it was surprising? Try dealing with it for 35 years."

  5. #55585
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    One thing I do dislike though is trans-women speaking for cis-women.

    It's one thing to go "fuck the patriarchy!" together, but phrases like "as a woman..." elide the fact that the lived experience is very different.

    It's the same reason that 'White Feminism' is often called out. It purports to speak for all women when in reality it obscures the fact that the lived experiences of different women are different.

    The example I'm thinking of is Cate MacGregor.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cate_McGregor

    This story makes the difference in perspective clear:
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ised-by-sexism

    Literally every cis-female I've spoken to about that has basically gone "Really, it was surprising? Try dealing with it for 35 years."
    I don't think 'TERFs' are unjustified with some of their views. A lot of feminist 'dogma' and concern centres around 'early years' education, expectations while one is growing up. An individual raised as a chap who then switches has missed out on all of that.


  6. #55586
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,620
    Yeah but they seem more concerned to make up the deficit. Crab bucket thinking at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  7. #55587

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I don't think 'TERFs' are unjustified with some of their views.
    On the list of least surprising people to say this...

  8. #55588
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I don't think 'TERFs' are unjustified with some of their views.
    On the list of least surprising people to say this...
    Next you'll be saying that Enoch Powell didn't make some good points
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  9. #55589
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I don't think 'TERFs' are unjustified with some of their views.
    On the list of least surprising people to say this...
    Lark a bigot? Never

  10. #55590
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I don't think 'TERFs' are unjustified with some of their views.
    On the list of least surprising people to say this...
    Lark a bigot? Never
    Fuckyougotmineism ironically transcending gender boundaries
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  11. #55591
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I don't think 'TERFs' are unjustified with some of their views.
    On the list of least surprising people to say this...
    Lark a bigot? Never
    Maybe read the whole quote you bigot.


  12. #55592
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I don't think 'TERFs' are unjustified with some of their views.
    On the list of least surprising people to say this...
    Lark a bigot? Never
    Maybe read the whole quote you bigot.
    Like TERFs are to transgender people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  13. #55593
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I don't think 'TERFs' are unjustified with some of their views.
    On the list of least surprising people to say this...
    Lark a bigot? Never
    Maybe read the whole quote you bigot.
    Like TERFs are to transgender people?
    But TERFs are correct...


  14. #55594
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,676
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Totally Not Larkonnis again.

  15. #55595
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,564
    Issues surrounding M to F trans stuff is going to run the whole gender rights movement into the ground like a 737 Max. Some of the claims being made are on par with flat earth crankery.

  16. #55596
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,792
    Deny biology or be a bigot. 2019

  17. #55597
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,676
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Deny biology or be a bigot. 2019
    Wax the scrote, bigot.
    Last edited by Spaztick; December 27 2019 at 08:17:09 PM.

  18. #55598
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    7,093
    There's a difference between sex (body) and gender (identity).

    Knowing the two can be different and at odds with each other is fundemental to understanding why conservatives and TERFs are just plain wrong.

  19. #55599
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    There's a difference between sex (body) and gender (identity).

    Knowing the two can be different and at odds with each other is fundemental to understanding why conservatives and TERFs are just plain wrong.
    I think a lot of TERFs are aware of the fact and either don't care or take it as an affirmative that you aren't female if you're trans. TERFs would also get pretty mad if you lumped them in with conservatives in general, but I think there's very little real crossover between the two groups because they're so few in number and barely interact with each other.

    I was going somewhere with this but then I read back the thread and nobody's said anything specific yet so I have nowhere to go with it.

  20. #55600
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,792
    You can change gender and live however you like, but the idea that its bigoted to suggest a difference between naturally born women and trans women is insane. They are not the same. That doesnt have to be a problem, but it doesnt make it less true

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •