Page 2786 of 2794 FirstFirst ... 178622862686273627762783278427852786278727882789 ... LastLast
Results 55,701 to 55,720 of 55880

Thread: Anthology of Gender Normative Image Oppression™ NSFW | CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE, SHITLORD

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    My first PC was a 386SX16 with 1MB RAM. When we asked them to upgrade it to 2MB they soldered different chips right onto the fucking motherboard.

Commodore 128 before that, and I learned my first lines of BASIC on a BBC computer at school. Also did the recording a commodore program onto a tape from the radio thing. Man those tapes were a drag. Took several minutes to load a game/program, and then half the time it failed and you had to restart it and wait another couple of minutes (our tapethingy was a bit wonky).

Edit: here, have a room full of BBC computers just like at my old school:

Last edited by Overspark; January 13 2020 at 08:48:07 PM.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Playing elite on a tape wasn’t a lesson in risk management it was pure risk avoidance, getting interdicted was the worst, you would die then suffer another 30min load

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

I learned computers and BASIC on a Commodore PET and VIC 20. My parents bought me a Commodore 64 with tape, disk drive, and printer a year later.

Electron, BBC Model A, BBC Model B, BBC Master, BBC Master (Expanded), Acorn Archimedes, then eventually 486DX266 and beyond. It was good having a dad who had access to university machines, he tended to "borrow them on a semi-permanent-type-basis". They all did eventually go back to the university, but it was some glorious years of Repton, Elite and many many other before that. I wrote my GCSE major project on the BBC, it was a paint program, drew circles, lines, fills, that sort of thing. very buggy, but it got me 100% on the coursework

I wish I still had the Expanded BBC Master.

Dang, look at these delurks.

It's not as old as some of yinz's, but this was the first computer I owned personally, a miserable Bondwell B310. One day when I was noodling around in basic the power brick got so hot it melted through my dad's carpet, so we just moved a chair over the spot. He introduced me to computers at a v. young age, also by borrowing one of the brand new Apple IIs from his school for a weekend.

This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

tfw no computer literate boomer family members.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Explains a lot.

My Dad was too busy enforcing British imperialism on gingers and sitting in fields in Northern Germany to bother getting a real job and learning what a computer does other than assure mutual destruction
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Thread lacks animals, have some smol.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    tfw no computer literate boomer family members.
    The irony is that of my two parents, ma is the one with the cell phone who uses it for facebooking and group texts and all that, while dad is so utterly technologically helpless that we've forbidden him from owning a cell phone because it would be impossible to support him using it without someone living next door to him and being on call 24/7.
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    oh god SS13 colonial marines PTSD incoming.

Best SS13 rounds are when antag roleplays as Bane, bane quotes over comms, then blows up the escape shuttle at the end (with no survivors).

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicomt View Post
    I wish I still had the Expanded BBC Master.
    It's a great machine, probably the best 8-bit. My Master is still in regular use as it's such a good platform for hardware development.

I thinks it's really cool they were developed by the BBC