hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most likely point of failure is...

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator Six View Post
    ...or your replacement PSU isn't powerful enough (that's what the problem was last time I had those symptoms).
    The one from my friends comp was the exact same model as I had been using.

Here's what I'm replacing the whole thing with, combo deal on the mobo+2500k seems p. good but I've not used MSI before.

MSI P67A-C43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory
    APEVIA ATX-AS680W-BL 680W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Power Supply

Trying to keep the cost down as low as possible for a decent upgrade. Even this will put me at practically $0 spare dollars on the month, but if there's something better for cheaper you folks know of I'd be down with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Board is reasonable, MSI boards have been getting better in recent years. Just don't expect record breaking overclocks from it, no VRM heatsinks and only a four-pin CPU power input. I mean I can't see any way of doing it with 2500k and staying within your budget.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157249 Maybe? I don't know too much about ASRock boards but they tend to get reasonable reviews.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

I really don't plan to OC, I had given my original processor a slight bump from 2.6 to 2.9 but I'm not running anything where the bottleneck is CPU speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

In which case save your money and don't get a K, K is for overclocking. 2500 at stock speeds is more than powerful enough to do anything right now tbh, and you'll save some money which can be put towards a more solid board.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

the K also has the larger GFX built in which is useful for video encoding, stick with the K

Quote Originally Posted by High Sierra
    HERE! YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING ELSE! TAKE MY PANTS!

Only usable with a Z68 board, though. No idea what a decent one of those costs.