hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL- Magic man thread (AP Champs)

I don't know. I have a problem with the "always take boots, because otherwise you can't avoid poke/avoid jungle ganks" line. If that logic held up, boots + hp would be standard open on every single lane champ.

Not saying the advice is bad, I just think doran's is viable on certain champs.

aka Mitix

I wouldn't go doran's for mid lane. Either shield because you picked vlad or gem + pots

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho Void View Post
    I don't know. I have a problem with the "always take boots, because otherwise you can't avoid poke/avoid jungle ganks" line. If that logic held up, boots + hp would be standard open on every single lane champ.

Not saying the advice is bad, I just think doran's is viable on certain champs.
    It's viable if you know the person you're playing against is going to play passive (for example you have an agressive jungler) or your pick just straight out beats them. But if it's a poke heavy lane (which in soloq it almost always is), dodge and sustain is king.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    I wouldn't go doran's for mid lane. Either shield because you picked vlad or gem + pots
    Who the fuck still plays Vlad?
    Steam ID / DOTA2: Drachenlord
    League of Legends: Drachenl0rd

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    thats bad, go boots then 3x dorans
    You are mistaking me for someone good at AP champs.

Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    You are mistaking me for someone good at AP champs.
    TBH there's never any legitimate reason to stack 3x Rings... 2x yes, but not 3x Doran's...

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenlord View Post
    TBH there's never any legitimate reason to stack 3x Rings... 2x yes, but not 3x Doran's...
    Thats how I do it, only 2, don't need a third

i dont like double dorans > deathcap, feels a bit too weak early on

basic rule of dorans is more dorans is better than less dorans

I'm generally not a fan of double Dorans - Catalyst gives you the same sustain/health and can be turned into something later on. But v0v, both are good builds.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

You go Doran rings with a combination of runes/masteries to make yourself scary, those 2 doran rings, magic pen mastery, magic pen runes/Ap runes, and then the sorc boots makes you quite scary, catalyst just makes me think "ok so they are intending on staying in the lane, I'm going to go gank their team instead then"
    I don't remember the last time a catalyst caster in mid gave me any trouble in mid with double dorans.

In the early game enemies don't tend to be very tanky, be it health or magic res so going dorans and fast deathcap gives you enough damage to outright kill the enemy.

I like to go all out balls deep and kill everything rather then play the poking game personally...Works well with my play style

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenlord View Post
    Who the fuck still plays Vlad?
    Exactly. I kinda wish they didn't nerf his Q cooldown though. Not much point in playing him ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by FUzziBabes View Post
    You go Doran rings with a combination of runes/masteries to make yourself scary, those 2 doran rings, magic pen mastery, magic pen runes/Ap runes, and then the sorc boots makes you quite scary, catalyst just makes me think "ok so they are intending on staying in the lane, I'm going to go gank their team instead then"
    I don't remember the last time a catalyst caster in mid gave me any trouble in mid with double dorans.

In the early game enemies don't tend to be very tanky, be it health or magic res so going dorans and fast deathcap gives you enough damage to outright kill the enemy.

I like to go all out balls deep and kill everything rather then play the poking game personally...Works well with my play style
    Pretty much this. I only ever went double doran's with pre-nerf orianna.

aka Mitix

Exactly. I kinda wish they didn't nerf his Q cooldown though. Not much point in playing him ATM.
    Wasn't really the CD nerf as much as it was nerfing the base damage at the same time... they went overboard like they always fucking do... CD was fine, damage was unnecessary.

If were talking bout off tanky mages, Sion really works with the triple Doran ring. I know he doesn't really go mid, but he should build at least a bit like an AP caster.

But dat lifesteal.

I don't see why people think AP Sion is viable. He's much better AD, especially to take advantage of the ult's lifesteal. Does Lichbane work with lifesteal?

Nope, lichbane magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I don't see why people think AP Sion is viable. He's much better AD, especially to take advantage of the ult's lifesteal. Does Lichbane work with lifesteal?
    because you don't need the ult when you kill people with a stun + a shield burst ;...;

Nope, lichbane magic damage.
    Wrong, the passive is physical damage. Still not really worth it, though.

Anyway - I can see the advantage of double dorans except it's 990 gold away from proper items - Cata is buildable into a lot of stuff. Double Dorans is more early game - Catalyst is more 'imma sit in lane' but it's really nice on champs that like to spam. For example Kassadin with a Catalyst can be a nightmare to deal with. Will try double dorans a few times and see what works better I guess.

I don't think you can really generalize a statement like 'dorans better than not dorans'. They are early game situational items and stacking two or three may just work if it helps you out-harass and out-survive your opponent.