hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Sunday] We need a babeable day

My mum ordered some stuff from Waitrose and they gave us like 8 free salmon fillets and a free half Peking duck *boggle*
    MAX damage posting

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post
    As a non smoker I dont mind if mates smoke when im with them but I dont want smoke from 100's of other cunts as well, especially inside.
    Yeah 90% of places are better without smoking, but some little dive bars have really lost their charm now you can see the other wall 10m in frount of you and not just a cloud of smoke.

Also it was hillarious when all the nightclubs just stank of unine right after the smoking bans since you never noticed it before since the smoke covered it up.

Non-smoker, if a place is too full of smoke I just don't go there. the guv'ment needs to keep its hands out of our business!

I'm happy with the smoke ban tbh. The smell in the clothes after a night out was fucking horrible. This was only topped by people smoking at the table next to you in a restaurant. Anyone claiming that nonsmokers should be a bit more tolerant is an ignorant fool because filling a room with your stinking cigarettes is the most selfish and ignorant thing to do imo.

Kinda bored... large Steam library still waiting for me but I'd rather just casualy mine some cobblestone right now.
    Disregard Diamonds
    Acquire Cobblestone

neva forget

Quote Originally Posted by Airow View Post
    I'm happy with the smoke ban tbh. The smell in the clothes after a night out was fucking horrible. This was only topped by people smoking at the table next to you in a restaurant. Anyone claiming that nonsmokers should be a bit more tolerant is an ignorant fool because filling a room with your stinking cigarettes is the most selfish and ignorant thing to do imo.
    Pretty much how I see smoking, I find it incredibly difficult to feel sorry for people trying to quit, especially when they are making a big deal of it. You started in the first place fully knowing the dangers...Saying that I don't mind smokers, most of the people I know/go out on the town with only smoke when they have been drinking and even then they don't smoke that many, blow smoke in my face though and there will be hell to pay.

Todays news: Is very hot but I have nothing to do

Pics from yesterdays Law Student Ball

Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Just put a slug of maple syrup in my cup o tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Pics from yesterdays Law Student Ball

That dress looks like it's made to be taken off. Just saying..
    Coming soon(tm).

<3 Entrox.

who here is from melbourne
    MAX damage posting

good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar
    MAX damage posting

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post

Why would you ever wear a cummerbund? They looks like ass TBH. You did wear a white one instead of a black one so I'll give you credit for it being a tie holder.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper View Post
    Yep, and tbh the only people who use them are scrubby 15 year olds...

On the other hand, both my fave pub and coffee shop have one and Jersey laughs at english laws so yay!

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15132529

"The rest of the UK is expected to implement a similar ban next year." Fuck off.

Triple edit, in Germany AFAIK you have to insert some kind of Photo-ID to use the machines, why don't we just do that here?
    ATM cards around here come with an age verification on the chip which is supported in all cigarette vending machines and if it's got a loaded Geldkarte balance you can use that to pay as well (vending machines are pretty much the only thing that accept the bloody stuff; I can't recall the last time I saw an ordinary store using it).

Photo ID/driver's licence readers are less common and dodgy as fuck as they usually fail p badly at reading the machine readable bit of the ID (YMMV, but I haven't seen one that would read my ID or driver's license in one swipe through the reader yet).

About the ban on smoking indoors, I'm all in favour of it in restaurants and my family's favourite/regular Italian restaurant had no problem with its business even before that when they had their own, voluntary smoking ban in their establishment.
    Everything else, not so much.

In nightclubs, the stench of cheap perfume and sweat is horrible. Even most of my non-smoking friends preferred the time before the ban and if you're going into a boozer and expect to stay healthy you're probably doing it wrong.
    Also, if the establishment doesn't have the option to do a proper outside smoking area it leads to traffic jams around the entrance (bouncers having to check admission stamps and the flow of people to/from the dancefloor, etc.) and unless it's in a business district, the neighbours will probably be annoyed as well.
    My favourite nightclub just more or less openly ignores this shit, tolerated by the town's administration. It's located in the middle of a residential area (and has been there since the '60s) without anything like a courtyard or something where they could locate a smoking area and when they gave the smoking ban a try when it was first introduced, several things happened. People came later and left earlier. People drank a lot less. And the police was sent there several times a night because the neighbours were annoyed by the talking/laughing noise of the people outside for a smoke.

In cafés or other places where families might come, fine, do a daytime smoking ban if you want to THINK OF THE CHILDREN, but sitting at a table with mates into the wee hours talking about stuff, having to go outside for a smoke really breaks the flow of any discussion.

The worst case is my regular pool hall, though. Against an evenly matched opponent you're going to sit around for 50% of the time anyway and having to take a break from the game on top of that becomes very annoying (for league matches where you're not allowed to smoke any more during a match anyway, I've switched to Snus).
    It was hilarious though, as the owner is a rather adamant non-smoker and was all :smug: in the weeks before the ban went live, snarking at us smokers about how we'd better quit now. He stopped being all :smug: when his revenue took a massive nose dive (IIRC in the ballpark of dropping by one third) in the first month or two and then gladly embraced the loophole that was present in the first version of the law until they patched it up (fuckers).
    So yeah, it really does hurt the small business owner. Before the ban, you would've been lucky to get a table on a Friday night between 21:00 and 01:00 without spending up to an hour on a waiting list (playing winner stays or scotch double with mates that already had tables being the workaround).
    Nowadays, if at any point on a Friday night all tables are occupied it's a crazy busy night.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator
    We were the first nation to introduce a smoking ban the 1st of july 2004. And right now I couldn't imagine going back... I quit smoking two years ago and it is one of the best decisions I have made so far. The worst one was probably starting to smoke in the first place. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hast View Post
    We were the first nation to introduce a smoking ban the 1st of july 2004. And right now I couldn't imagine going back... I quit smoking two years ago and it is one of the best decisions I have made so far. The worst one was probably starting to smoke in the first place. :P
    With Adolf on this one.

Most of the smoker friends i know seem to have taken the UK ban with relatively little hurfblurf.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    With Adolf on this one.
    Not sure if helthy that the first thing i thought when reading this was "hast"

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinsrevenger View Post
    Not sure if helthy that the first thing i thought when reading this was "hast"
    Talking of healthy, it probably wasn't very safe for him to smoke and operate all those gas ovens.

PM me for a free Vagabond
    i have to go back to work tomorrow. im actually looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Why would you ever wear a cummerbund? They looks like ass TBH. You did wear a white one instead of a black one so I'll give you credit for it being a tie holder.
    '
    Cummerbund? As in
    ?

You don't wear one of those with a tail coat/white tie. I wore a white vest, white tie, white shirt and obviously a black tail coat Guess you really can't tell from the pics though
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post

XenosisReaper
    I am currently 17 posts below entrox.

Shit.