hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL - Teh Jungle thread

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemajere View Post
    i've honestly found tiger udyr to be better than phoenix udyr, those ganks fucking HURT. flad AD runes, with a few armor pen totaling 6 +6 from 21/0/9 masteries, armor yellows and scaling MR blues, start at blue buff with tiger stance and rape that nigga w/ longsword 1pot.continue on as normal and gank like a boawse because your early ganks hurt
    skills i go

tiger>turtle>tiger>bear gank away
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    skills i go

tiger>turtle>tiger>bear gank away
    this is a very good leveling progression if you want to be passive in your jungle for a while. if you want to be AGGRESSIVE, simply level bear at 2 and gank bottom lane.

All right, so here's my basics to jungle Udyr:

1. Tiger v. Phoenix
    Both are good, just depends on what you're up against/your team comp. If the enemy team has a bunch of squishies with flash, i.e. Ashe, TF, etc., Tiger will be better for ganking. OTOH, if they're tanky dps, then go Phoenix. Either way, always go smite + flash.

2. Runes + Masteries
    Tiger- 21/0/9, with ms quints, ad reds, armor (or dodge if you're ballin) yellows, mres blues (something else that works is mpen reds and 1 quint, for a total of 10 mpen, it becomes noticeable midgame)
    Phoenix- harder to explain, just follow my page. Also, if you have dodge runes, go ahead and put points into nimbleness. MS quints, aspd reds, armor/dodge yellows, mres blues

3. Paths
    Tiger- cloth+5pots, start leashed blue normal route (blue > wolves > wraiths > double golem > red). Remember, the Q proc doesn't stack so wait 2 seconds before hitting the creep again. Level Q-W-W-E, continue Q>W>E, or if you plan to do more diving then level turtle over tiger
    Phoenix- cloth+5pots, kill the big wolf then get someone to leash blue. Proceed with normal jungle route. Level R-W-W-E, but unlike tiger udyr, level up turtle first because survivability is key with Phoenix. Your ganks will be less bursty at low levels but if you have competent teammates then this shouldn't be an issue.

4. Builds
    Tiger- re: Wit's End on tiger, it's pretty useless since you have massive aspd from your tiger stance. The only thing you need early game is a Wriggle's; if you need damage, get a hexdrinker if vs. casters, phage otherwise, though I've had games where I get super fed and trololol with bloodthirster (his Q proc has a 1.5 ad ratio. FULL AD RATIO, not just bonus ad). After, build anything tanky, resists are best since turtle stance is pretty OP at lvl 5. For mana, unless you are super spamming you should be fine, otherwise get banshees if vs casters, frozen heart if vs AD.
    Phoenix- Wit's End on Phoenix is standard, unless it won't benefit you in any possible way, in which case just build Wriggle's. Otherwise, it's the only dmg item you really need up until late game, so it should look like ninja tabi/merc treads -> wits end -> triforce and/or tanky items (Aegis is good early, SV is good vs. mages and the CDR is just icing on the cake, glacial shroud into frozen heart gives you basically unlimited mana, FoN, basically anything with resists) -> and if you need damage vs atmogs faggots, get a madreds, but otherwise guinsoo's is great (I haven't tried out RoA or Nashor's but I hear they work vOv)

I pretty much only jungle Udyr, GP, and Fiddle these days, but I've played a lot of jungle Amumu, Lee Sin, Yi, and poor Rammus before he was nerfed.

kinda the confirmation i was looking for, i think as relatively cheap items, wriggles and hexdrinker compliment each other well, both give damage and resist that are good for a tanky jungle like Udyr and Noc who have aspd components built into there skill set,

they give imho a good base to build on be it omni tank or heavy AD/AP resists

This one isn't for junglers it's for the jungler's team. If he's starting blue help kick the shit out of that damn thing don't just give him a pussy little auto pull stun/aoe that fucker just don't tank the damage and don't hit it too much that you get too close to smite hp or aoe so much you kill the little drags(fucking karthus fags) same thing if he's going golems/wolves throw him a pull/aoe, wolves are slightly trickier since they're fast little shits and have a short leash so a simple ranged aoe should do it just let the jungler pull them. It doesn't matter if you're jungler is the type that can sleep through blue a lvl 1 blue will always be the slowest part of a jungler's path speeding it up sets them up in a far better position for ganking and will give them a much easier time keeping at a decent level of hp.

You're not going to miss out on huge amounts of cs(probably 2 at most) and the time and hp it will save your jungler can give an incredible early game advantage. Far too often people are too afraid to help the jungle or simply too focused on getting into their lane. The longer you stay at the blue the safer your jungler is so if it can stop them getting ganked or just speed up their jungle so for example they reach the wraiths much earlier than normal(hai there mr counterjungle) it's absolutely worth it.

Mid should pull, and top or bot lane depending where you are should throw sum damage on it, the side lanes take a bit longer for the creeps to get there so they don't miss any.

Well yea but my point is to make it significantly more than just "some". Throw a stun/heal/buff/slow whatever you have and some auto attacks the closer you can get it to smite hp(700~ is a decent figure but it's all gonna depend on what the jungler can do themselves) the better. The side lane actually can end up missing some CS depending on how long they help for and how much damage they can put out together but like I said at most it will only ever be 2.

Phoenix is faster jungle and better for counter jungling. It let you get bear at lvl 2 and gank without problems, you don't really need turtle as you kill creeps hilariously fast. Tiger works better if you want to to standard boring jungle route, than you do Q/W/Q/E and gank after red at lvl 4. Tiger is good solo dps, easily a choice for solo top udyr's when you will get a shitload of farm. In jungle? I used to play tiger all the time. Than tried phoenix and i am in love.

TMA jungle Tryn

In general discussion someone said he is better in a lane instead of jungle, but considering I have dick for jungle experience, would I be better to stick to a lane? Also anyone have a good item build order, rune sheet and mastery advice? For both jungle and laning, if they are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    TMA jungle Tryn

In general discussion someone said he is better in a lane instead of jungle, but considering I have dick for jungle experience, would I be better to stick to a lane? Also anyone have a good item build order, rune sheet and mastery advice? For both jungle and laning, if they are different.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/stonewal.../0/Wv9JIivBJJs

Stonewall is in the process of redoing a lot of his videos but that one might be a good start.

Problem I have with jungle Trynd now is it almost requires a runepage all of its own to be viable. I mean it's not bad but every time I do it I seem to get behind in my jungle.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Problem I have with jungle Trynd now is it almost requires a runepage all of its own to be viable. I mean it's not bad but every time I do it I seem to get behind in my jungle.
    This is pretty much my issue with jungle Tryn. There's just many better choices, and his jungling is high risk with a long term payoff.

Whereas it's noticeably easier with others (Lee, Noc for example) to jungle AND gank sooner.

I used to have a page of crit runes for tryn, but now I end up running with crit quints, and the rest typical jungler runes (armor pen red, armor yellow, mr/ap/cd blues). You could go crit blues if you want to buy it.

I've been toying around with routes for jungle Maokai. He clears the jungle appallingly fast and should have epic ganks. Doesn't really need blue either if you start with a Doran Ring and build Philos

Going to play him in the next few FHC games I am in to see if my suspicions that he is a really good jungle pick are true.

Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    I've been toying around with routes for jungle Maokai. He clears the jungle appallingly fast and should have epic ganks. Doesn't really need blue either if you start with a Doran Ring and build Philos

Going to play him in the next few FHC games I am in to see if my suspicions that he is a really good jungle pick are true.
    and people thought i was crazy to put that in the OP

Thinking about Maokai, you can spam saplings at the entrance to your jungle so if they try and counter jungle you are given enough time to run away :3

Let me know how maokai goes because that sounds pretty cool (and I have a maokai skin I want to get my moneys worth for)

No, you need to stack saplings over spawn to jungle fast and easy. I think you can even go doran's ring first without a problem. Standard way is to stack sap's at wolves, kill them, get Q. Smite wright, finish smalls than lvlup E again and go kill mini golems. You should survive at very low hp's but it's doable. Get back, buy shit do again. I once started with regrowth pendant and get philo rush but it was tought. He is a sick ganker, especially sick deadly at lvl 5 - dmg from lvl 3 sap is holy shit. Just sap, W bitch while sap is in air to assure a hit, auto, q, auto.

Jungleplank is my new favourite, esp since i lack the brainpower for lee. Go vamp and small camps first or armor+pots and blue start, finish wriggles and zerker boots, HoG, Avarice, see that sweet gold trickle in. Add tri, atmog, ghostblade and be a beast. Global ult too strong.

did jungle poppy earlier, was working very well then 2 of our team went afk

counter jungle why yes please!

Still haven't had time to play this week but am planning on trying Maokai in my first few games when I get time.

Can someone test something for me, does stacking 3 saplings (starting at 1:05) at double golems make them easy to kill? The route I did before was wolves, wraiths, golems but I got really low on golems. Was thinking that doing the route in the opposite order would allow for an earlier gank if poss and might be safer hp wise.