hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3845464748

Thread: LOL - Teh Jungle thread

You got her past the ban net?

Only played like 4 games after not playing for the last month or so but really liking jungle xin. He was always pretty solid last season, but the S-tier junglers were better at what he did so there was no reason really to take him. However i feel like the new jungle suits him perfectly. One of the big problems with him last season was his relatively slow clear due to lack of AOE, but with rangers thats no problem. Thanks to the sustain from w he can be healthy enough to lvl 3 doublebuff gank successfully, and his early ganks were and are always pure terror.

Also he synergizes perfectly with devourer: big attack speed steroid and Q. Last game I was carrying hard and had around 75 stacks, so E->W->Qing a target pretty much instantly hits with 3 Qs which meant an extra 300 damage from devourer. Xin's real problem last season (besides being outclassed by kha/j4/elise/lee) was although he synergized with flare, he had to waste his strongest point (early ganking) to stack the flare. But with devourer getting free 25 stacks just buying it, thats no problem. Gank, farm, gank some more, get all dem stacks.

I guess you can also pretty easily go juggernaut into pure tank since xin loves cdr and doesn't really scale well with damage items due to lack of scaling. However going devourer-tank seems better since devourer gives you so much free damage, and I'd imagine the clear is still pretty slow with 0 damage items at all. Warrior seems pretty meh even though Xin likes some of the stats just because he only has 2 skills that scale with AD, although obv the cdr and armpen is nice.

Build really versatile too although I try to get to 40% CDR just because CDR is so insanely strong on Xin. Like with 40% CDR his E is on a 6 sec cooldown which is then reduced by 3 by Q, and Q is on a 3 sec cooldown too, so every 3 secs you can gapclose and do massive damage while knocking up a target, lovin it.

Really like the new jungle setup.

The new jungle forced me out of a lot of my rather preferred junglers, so I started looking for new champs to bring my jungle champ pool back up to snuff. I tried Shyvana due to her buff and I must say, I really love her clear. The new Stalker Blade means she comes with some CC to gank a lane, she really works well with Devourer even after it's nerf(since she already has a lot of magic damage), and best of all, I can build her extremely tanky and not feel left out on damage. However, she's a farm jungler, and I really wanted something I could focus on snowballing a lane with.

I watched MalVortex play Elise, and it caught my eye. I played Elise in the S4 jungle but I didn't like her, in fact, I hated her. I think it was mostly being new and having issues just keeping up with jungle timers and four skills, six was just too much for me at the time. That, and I never managed to land a cocoon. With a bit more experience under my belt, I can honestly say she's really strong in the new jungle. She's got some really nice sustain, doesn't need to use smite on camps unless it's contested, can gank really early, and doesn't worry about a failed gank burning a long cooldown ult(like Nocturne or Vi would). Most of all though, I love her build path and the fact I can take sightstone on her. Since she does percent HP damage, I usually pick up sightstone and haunting guise after I get stalker and boots on first back. From there, I go into tank, picking up my Juggernaut enchant first, upgrading the haunting guise is usually the last thing I do. Despite not having much in the way of damage items, she still hurts well into the midgame, while being pretty rough to take down.

I find Elises lack of Ult does her in

My go to Jungle Treo atm:

J4 - Utter beast, can build almost anything and be useful. My pref build is double Brut (Jungle upgrade) into tank. Lots of burst catches carries out often 3/4ing them. Can just go full tank though, but I find you don't actually do much in team fights like that. Better to die killing their ADC than die slower and not get the ADC.

Panth - Not as strong as before but still a solid. Needs the double Brut combo to stay useful so if you fall behind is an uphill struggle.

Diana - Bitch kills things.

Don't know about Pantheon. The entire point of pickign Pantheon before was for the level 2-3 dragon. Now that they nerfed dragon + changes his attacks to be spells and not autoattacks, Pantheon lost his time in the spotlight.

What I'm worried about is that while we're seeing new junglers and old ones come back, we'll end up seeing the same mindset of pick Lee/Rengar/Kha or be useless.

And it wasn't fun dealing with nearly two years of that shit.

Elise's lack of an ult is part of why I like her, since I can gank constantly without being constrained by a long cool down.

I wish I could play J4 he's so much fun and amazingly good but for whatever reason I play like shit on him. Both in lane and jungling.

Pantheon still sees a lot of pro play. IEM Cologne was on 4.21, and he was constantly picked or banned. I think Gambit banned him all four games of the final. I just bought Pantheon so I may give him a shot myself. Diana seems cool too.

I doubt that we'll see a return to the same three junglers being the only picks, since the pro scene is already showing off a lot of different junglers. J4 and Lee Sin have been the two highest contention picks, but Pantheon, Elise, Khazix, Nunu, Rengar, and Sejuani all saw play, and all but Khazix won at least one game and looked really good. Honestly, add Vi, Wukong, and Xin Zhou to the list and you've got a pretty good sized high tier champ pool.

Kayle. First clear is a bit meh, fast but not great on the health with the leashing changes. But the ability to swap out unenchanted items is great. Grab ranger's trailblazer, clear & gank until one can enchant it, swap out to get chilling smite. On-hit is good mid/late game, magus is very good late game. Max E, 2 points W, then pick to get Q or W second depending on the game. Items situational, generally get BORK if going devourer (on-hit). Wits End/TBC stack with her passive well, TBC being the worse of the two. Ghostblade and Shiv are good, IE is good, Runaan's isn't great these days. Think weird Warwick Yasuo hybrid item build. The river crabs give devourer points, so be sure to clear them (you should anyway). Champions give 2 points. Gank everything, especially mid. Try to make the enemy mid quit in frustration. There's nothing quite like casually walking into lane and ulting your laner just as Yasuo or Zed ults them.

Otherwise, it's Kayle. With an extra slow via smite. But still the same game-winning ult. Also has the benefit that if I need/want to I can play her as anything but ADC. She's an amazing support (speedboost heal, slow, ult), and pretty good top/mid. Ult to negate the burst, not to save someone when they'll have to instantly back off anyway. That's the hardest part of playing Kayle, predicting the enemy burst combo.

XenosisReaper
    I also haven't seen anyone playing Kayle in about 4 months so you have the surprise factor of playing a shitty champ as well

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper View Post
    I also haven't seen anyone playing Kayle in about 4 months so you have the surprise factor of playing a shitty champ as well
    The thing is, in this game there's not a huge difference between the top end and the middle of the road champs most of the time. Playing a champ I'm better at will give me enough of an advantage to offset the difference, since I can't afford to play dozens/hundreds of games with the FOTM champs to learn them perfectly every patch. I'm not a pro, I can't dedicate my life to this. And she's nowhere near Urgot tier.

Also, by win rate, she's one of the champs that goes up as ranking increases.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post

The thing is, in this game there's not a huge difference between the top end and the middle of the road champs most of the time. Playing a champ I'm better at will give me enough of an advantage to offset the difference, since I can't afford to play dozens/hundreds of games with the FOTM champs to learn them perfectly every patch. I'm not a pro, I can't dedicate my life to this. And she's nowhere near Urgot tier.

Also, by win rate, she's one of the champs that goes up as ranking increases.
    Learn not to be supported.

Ouch Quackburn.

The big Sej secret is out and the nerfs are coming! She will be amazing all this patch, but is going to be a common first-pick/ban. Instead of stressing about a boar, why not just be a bear - a VOLIBEAR. Voli has gone from long-forgotten champion to sudden Jungle god this patch - Cinderhulk and the W monster CD buff have single-handidly fixed all his problems. His first clear is clean and lets you gank at level 3. His ganks are very potent, his counter-ganks are very potent, even his teamfights are pretty good! Only real weakness to Voli is the Udyr-syndrome at times, so don't pick him into a disengage comp if you can avoid it. Voli duels very well for a tank jungler, but keep in mind you can't actually] duel a strong fighter jungler duelist fairly. He can, however, take a shot at pretty much any other fighter or tank or mage jungler you get near - nobody expects to just die when they hit 1/3 HP.

My build path:

W/E/Q Max W Max E Max Q || 9/21/0 masteries, AS/Armor/Scaling MR/AD Runes. MS quints can be swapped out for AD if desired, but hurts your dueling power and first-clear capability.

Chilling Smite + Cinderhulk -> Tier 2 boots (mercs/tabis 99%, swifties 1%) -> Warmogs -> Spirit Visage + Randuins (buy resistance pieces individually without completing the items if you need resists NOW) -> Triforce/Frozen Mallet/Locket/Thornmail (mood/game dependent final piece).

You wind up with around 5k HP late game, 60%ish resistances, 40ish HP/sec, and a frenzy bite that can smack a squishy for over 1k. His ult always seems a bit lame, but each swing can be dumping over 600 magic damage in a teamfight, which adds up FAST. Plus, the ult is up for every teamfight and lasts for far longer than your engagement will be anyways. Remember that between warmogs and your passive, you can juke out of a teamfight when you get low, wait a few seconds, and suddenly come back for round two with >50% HP again... and 50% HP on him is a lot of HP with this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    The big Sej secret is out and the nerfs are coming! She will be amazing all this patch, but is going to be a common first-pick/ban. Instead of stressing about a boar, why not just be a bear - a VOLIBEAR. Voli has gone from long-forgotten champion to sudden Jungle god this patch - Cinderhulk and the W monster CD buff have single-handidly fixed all his problems. His first clear is clean and lets you gank at level 3. His ganks are very potent, his counter-ganks are very potent, even his teamfights are pretty good! Only real weakness to Voli is the Udyr-syndrome at times, so don't pick him into a disengage comp if you can avoid it. Voli duels very well for a tank jungler, but keep in mind you can't actually] duel a strong fighter jungler duelist fairly. He can, however, take a shot at pretty much any other fighter or tank or mage jungler you get near - nobody expects to just die when they hit 1/3 HP.

My build path:

W/E/Q Max W Max E Max Q || 9/21/0 masteries, AS/Armor/Scaling MR/AD Runes. MS quints can be swapped out for AD if desired, but hurts your dueling power and first-clear capability.

Chilling Smite + Cinderhulk -> Tier 2 boots (mercs/tabis 99%, swifties 1%) -> Warmogs -> Spirit Visage + Randuins (buy resistance pieces individually without completing the items if you need resists NOW) -> Triforce/Frozen Mallet/Locket/Thornmail (mood/game dependent final piece).

You wind up with around 5k HP late game, 60%ish resistances, 40ish HP/sec, and a frenzy bite that can smack a squishy for over 1k. His ult always seems a bit lame, but each swing can be dumping over 600 magic damage in a teamfight, which adds up FAST. Plus, the ult is up for every teamfight and lasts for far longer than your engagement will be anyways. Remember that between warmogs and your passive, you can juke out of a teamfight when you get low, wait a few seconds, and suddenly come back for round two with >50% HP again... and 50% HP on him is a lot of HP with this build.
    Another up and comer is Shen.

He's impossible to dual his taunt plus Red smite make any damage negligible, I've murdered a Nasus who was 2 levels above me and free farming due to AFK and then the Udyr who came to clean up afterwards. I've also smashed Voli, a Hec under his tower. His jungle clear isn't that fast but you basically do it at full health from Q spam.

His early ganks with Dash+Q+Red damage can do about 50% of a champs health, and his damage is magic based which scales well in this 300+ armour tank meta.

Q/E/W/Q/Q/R - then R/Q/E/W pref.

I go Challenging smite + cinderhulk - T1 boots, then either Thornmail/Randiuns or locket then warmogs or fromo. Then it's whatever.

Malph is also good for a laugh. Cinder + Randiuns, Frozen heart, thornmail, Sorry ADC meet mr 400 armour.