hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 48 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 954

Thread: LOL - Teh Jungle thread

  1. #1
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,589

    LOL - Teh Jungle thread

    thought we should have a jungle thread to go with the support thread, post builds and routes for your faves in here also throw in some unconventional ones.

    this on here is for filingo

    http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6644 - Jungle TREE!
    Last edited by cullnean; March 27 2012 at 07:00:06 PM.

  2. #2
    TroN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,746
    Who are peoples favourite junglers? I favour Nocturne, Trundle and Lee Sin at the moment. Also trying to get Riven to work but need more practise.

  3. #3
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    9,631
    Gankplank is a nice jungler.

  4. #4
    Forever Calzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    611
    Can't we just link to stonewall's youtube page and call this /thread?

  5. #5
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,589
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    post builds and routes for your faves in here
    quoting myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Calzone View Post
    Can't we just link to stonewall's youtube page and call this /thread?
    thanks chap, no really tis helpful, start a post called Build guides and just put a link to solo mid in there while your at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  6. #6
    Polysynchronicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21, 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    I'm still quite fond of Kayle.

    EQEQER etc

    start with cloth and pots, wraiths->wolves->golems then blue -> wolves -> wraiths -> red -> golems. gank when possible.

    9/0/21, armor pen/AS reds and quints, armor yellows, choice blue

  7. #7
    Omega Supreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,486
    TMA Jungle Shen and Jungle Riven.

  8. #8
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,235
    Jungle Shen: Really, just don't bother. Honestly. His jungle is really slow, his ganks are decidedly meh. It used to be the way he was played just to get a Shen on your team but I don't think it's even worth having a Shen on your team anymore, even with the buffs.

    Jungle Riven: Masteries pretty much choice as long as you get improved smite and buff duration, I think stonewall goes 21/0/9. General jungle runes is fine. Been using stonewall's skill pattern which is QWEE, then I max Q or E, depending on what I need more. You can start wolves or double golem, a solid leash on double is nice to let you keep smite for blue wraith. Gift blue, you have no use for it. Despite all her blinks being quite low range, with E + Q you have a lot of mobility going into a gank, you can spam Q to land the knockup if you need.

    I haven't practiced her as much as I would like to and I still think she's underpowered but her jungle, as well as her general play, is fun.

    My favoured junglers are Amumu, Gangplank, Nocturne, and Trundle. Also enjoy Lee Sin though I am not great at him.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  9. #9
    Forever Calzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    thanks chap, no really tis helpful, start a post called Build guides and just put a link to solo mid in there while your at it?
    My point is that he has video guides for every jungle champ(from the worst to the best and the derpiest) explaining various routes, different builds, rune/mastery setup, counterjungling and ganking. You won't find better jungling guides anywhere else.

    The videos help especially since many junglers will be slower or struggle if they don't use a specific order/number of autos and ability uses. Fiddle/Lee are pretty good examples of this simply use your drain too much on the wrong route or open with Q on the wrong mob and i will slow you down/cost health/send you oom. There's a lot of champs who will struggle to go oom even with blue buff and others who will drain their mana without even trying. You're asking for TMAs you really won't find any better unless people start sticking up replays with a commentary of what went right and wrong.

  10. #10
    Voulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,141
    Definitely jungle kas.

  11. #11
    Grarr Dexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    shitbox
    Posts
    2,650
    Jarvan, Nocturne, Amumu is my tier list right now, I'm sure I would enjoy trundle but I don't have him.

  12. #12
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Calzone View Post
    My point is that he has video guides for every jungle champ(from the worst to the best and the derpiest) explaining various routes, different builds, rune/mastery setup, counterjungling and ganking. You won't find better jungling guides anywhere else.

    The videos help especially since many junglers will be slower or struggle if they don't use a specific order/number of autos and ability uses. Fiddle/Lee are pretty good examples of this simply use your drain too much on the wrong route or open with Q on the wrong mob and i will slow you down/cost health/send you oom. There's a lot of champs who will struggle to go oom even with blue buff and others who will drain their mana without even trying. You're asking for TMAs you really won't find any better unless people start sticking up replays with a commentary of what went right and wrong.
    Thing is Stonewall sits down with each champ, sets a route (which is usually pretty good), then might not ever play them again, whereas we, the unwashed FHC masses, will play them again and again. It's nice to hear tips and tricks from friends and not just Youtube, y'know?

    EDIT: About Trundle, Trundle is one of my least played junglers but he's also one of the strongest and definitely the most fun. He has TONS of damage early game and is pretty beefy too. I go 1/8/21 with AS marks/ArP quints/flat armour yellows/mres blues (you can take cdr, w/e here, I just like mres on all champs). Start cloth + 5 or vamp, either way you can start blue (you want to). The trick with Trundle is timing his Q to reset autos - you get a pile of damage off that way. With puddle/pillar he has great mobility and Q at early levels is imba for damage to them/free damage to you.

    Build standard tankydps, triforce is good, as is mallet, as is randuin's.
    Last edited by Zekk Pacus; September 27 2011 at 11:20:27 PM.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  13. #13
    FUzziBabes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Tunbridge Wells, England
    Posts
    1,011
    Remember junglers, pass blue/red onto your teammates who can make more use of them then you, for example that Blue Buff is mighty fun on your mid AP carry!

    Nocturne is easily my favourite, just generally have so much more success with him then the others, need to learn lee sin properly and also have gangplank runes/masteries in but never really play either of them.

    I like my utility focused masteries on nocturne, gotta love having smite/flash up asap along with the fact that you get extra mana regen/move speed/more CD reduction. Looking into how to make the runepage different though as it would probably benefit me more then my current page, ideas for nocturne masteries? Want the buff duration and flash spec preferably...

    Amumu will always hold a place in my heart but he just doesn't have the jungle 1v1 power that I like, I like to fight the enemy jungler and make them work for it but I feel amumu doesn't have that...Unless someone here can prove me wrong

  14. #14

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,741
    I use the Noc reggie build 1/8/21 with 2 points in hp reg tier2 def. Works well enough if you get some hits on blue, and has the sweet max cdr on summoners + movement speed and some mana reg.

    Runes because i use one page fit all: attack speed red, armor yellow, mr/lvl blue, arpen quints. Doesnt need 5 pots, with 4 + gp5 utility and smitespam you get madreds razor really fast, from then on its smooth sailing.


    Its been a loooong time since i jungled mumu, im seeing regrowth->philo->hog sometimes but no idea about the masteries. afaik mumu can win a jungle fight if you max the cry thingy, but only vs weaker junglers.

    e: the alternative for Noc is 13/0/17 i guess, but im not sure the extra damage makes up for the added squishyness

    i got a TMA: phoenix udyr without wriggles. Masteries/Runes/Path?
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 28 2011 at 02:18:11 AM.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    244
    jungle tree sounds like fun to me. don't own him yet, but f2p this week so i guess i'll give it a try but will try with standard ap tanky runes (mpen, ar, mr, ap quints), because the suggested ar, ar, mr, ap quints feels a bit too special for me.
    Last edited by cmi; September 28 2011 at 08:12:42 AM.

  16. #16
    Polysynchronicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21, 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by cmi View Post
    jungle tree sounds like fun to me. don't own him yet, but f2p this week so i guess i'll give it a try but will try with standard ap tanky runes (mpen, ar, mr, ap quints), because the suggested ar, ar, mr, ap quints feels a bit too special for me.
    personally bro? take him mid. he's an ok jungler but even scarier in a lane.

  17. #17
    Grarr Dexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    shitbox
    Posts
    2,650
    Poke is very mana heavy and his auto attack is melee, he'll get raped cause his name isn't Gragas.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Polysynchronicity View Post
    personally bro? take him mid. he's an ok jungler but even scarier in a lane.
    well I know the sappling really hurt especially on early levels, but mid? he can't spam the sapplings and he is more of a melee champ, so will probably poked to death by lots of mid champs. plus it's highly unlikely some brand/annie/whatever says "ok i'll go sidelane" would play him either solotop or jungle (after reading this guide).

    it's more of a "this sounds like fun - let's try this" feeling then a "omg the best jungler ever"
    Last edited by cmi; September 28 2011 at 08:32:23 AM.

  19. #19
    filingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in space
    Posts
    5,023
    Quote Originally Posted by cmi View Post
    well I know the sappling really hurt especially on early levels, but mid? he can't spam the sapplings and he is more of a melee champ, so will probably poked to death by lots of mid champs. plus it's highly unlikely some brand/annie/whatever says "ok i'll go sidelane" would play him either solotop or jungle (after reading this guide).

    it's more of a "this sounds like fun - let's try this" feeling then a "omg the best jungler ever"
    as the resident eu west TREE i can confirm that maokai owns. saplings are your poke but the real damage comes from your w,q,e combo. i play him solo top most of the time but mid is usually fine as well. watch my replay in teh replay thread
    No longer Deleting all your posts erryday due to butthurt
    usually pink or pinkest flamingo in other games


    FREE NYAN CAT
    JUSTICE FOR AMANTU
    http://eve.enviroweb.org/

  20. #20
    Vax's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    bittervet island
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by filingo View Post
    as the resident eu west TREE i can confirm that maokai owns. saplings are your poke but the real damage comes from your w,q,e combo. i play him solo top most of the time but mid is usually fine as well. watch my replay in teh replay thread
    snoopeh jungled him last night in the ESL monthly finals. very interesting to watch... SHIT WAS FUCKING BEAST

    edit: this is the game, not snoopehs POV tho http://www.own3d.tv/AbsoluteLegends#/watch/218583
    Last edited by Vax; September 28 2011 at 02:39:45 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •