hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL - Support thread

If you are playing support, DON'T ATTACK THE MINIONS

So many support players hit the minions and fuck up my last hits so much when if they had just left them alone I could get most of them easily, if we need to push the lane for whatever reason I can do it myself without you fucking up my last hits

[/rant]

I just chill in the bushes and try to help keep the enemy from farming. They get too close? CC mother fucker!

Quote Originally Posted by Hehulk View Post
    40% speed boost would like a word.
    Zilean saves you harder

It's all about solo top Taric. He is surprisingly good. But then you need to play him more like a tank than a support I guess.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    It's all about solo top Taric. He is surprisingly good. But then you need to play him more like a tank than a support I guess.
    who are you supporting, by yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Blitz can also be played support but its worth giving him a little bit of farm early since he benifits a lot from his first one or two items. Sheen and a per five item fast makes a big difference.
    D&D is where I learned that a longsword is a one handed slashing weapon.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irion View Post
    Blitz can also be played support but its worth giving him a little bit of farm early since he benifits a lot from his first one or two items. Sheen and a per five item fast makes a big difference.
    id agree, but thats a BF sword for your carry
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by Polysynchronicity View Post
    Zilean saves you harder
    Huh, 55% speed boost.

Wow, screw karma, I need Zilean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hehulk View Post
    Huh, 55% speed boost.

Wow, screw karma, I need Zilean.
    plus he also has a 55% slow, 8% more XP for your entire team, .9 ratio bombs (which you can doublecast and spam every few seconds) and oh yeah, an ulti that revives you with up to 1100 base HP + 2x his AP in extra HP

fucking amazing hard support, scales ok with farm too

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    id agree, but thats a BF sword for your carry
    Blitz doesn't need to farm the whole cost, really just enough to rush the per five should be enough, getting that a few mins early is probably enough to negate the higher requirement for gold blitz has.

If a support needs farm to be a good support then its a pretty terrible support....

Fuzzi is right.

You've no idea how many supports lately, especially Sona's and Karma's, I've seen lately without a single GP5. Then they fall off fast and don't get even half a complete build.

Blitz doesn't need to farm but even more than most supports can benefit massivley from an early cash injection, even the pre-nerf soraka who could happily end 60 min games with 0cs could get a massive step up if if she got 150g assist gold or a rushed dragon by the jungler. Blitz is a support who relies on threat to pressure his lane, slowing your carries farm can greatly aid this, if you don't want to pressure the other lane hard (or let blitz roam from time to time) then hes a terrible support.

0cs passive farm-marathons may be FOTM but they are not the only way to play bottom.

Personaly I tend to play blitz if there is a melee carry bottom since he can close the gap for them and is deadly if you end up tower hugging, in this case there are far more likley to be creeps your carry misses available to you than if you lane with a ranged who can pop them from miles back.

Quote Originally Posted by Polysynchronicity View Post
    plus he also has a 55% slow, 8% more XP for your entire team, .9 ratio bombs (which you can doublecast and spam every few seconds) and oh yeah, an ulti that revives you with up to 1100 base HP + 2x his AP in extra HP

fucking amazing hard support, scales ok with farm too
    I'm aware of his tool-kit, I just didn't know exact numbers. Karma's got a 40% slow as well, I just didn't know Zileans was straight up better

What is the range on Taric's 'Shatter'?? More specifically the armor debuff towards enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    What is the range on Taric's 'Shatter'?? More specifically the armor debuff towards enemies.
    (Passive Aura): Taric hardens crystals around him, providing a permanent armor bonus to himself and nearby allies.

Aura Radius: 1000

(Passive): Taric is granted that bonus armor again.

Bonus Armor: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30
    (Active): Taric shatters the crystals surrounding him, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies and decreasing their armor for 4 seconds. His passive armor bonus is not in effect during the cooldown.

Cooldown: 10 seconds
    Radius: 400
    http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Taric

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    So 1000. Cool. Thanks for the help.

The DEBUFF is 400, the BUFF is 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    So 1000. Cool. Thanks for the help.
    I read it as 400.

Blitz doesn't need to farm but even more than most supports can benefit massivley from an early cash injection, even the pre-nerf soraka who could happily end 60 min games with 0cs could get a massive step up if if she got 150g assist gold or a rushed dragon by the jungler. Blitz is a support who relies on threat to pressure his lane, slowing your carries farm can greatly aid this, if you don't want to pressure the other lane hard (or let blitz roam from time to time) then hes a terrible support.
    You didn't say cash injection like assist or dragon you said:

And any gold extra on the support is helpful but if it hinders the ad carry getting that gold then its a no go, carries are called carries because they do that, carry. Supports are called supports because they do that, support. If the support starts taking gold to try and help carry (for example deal extra damage) its doing its role incorrectly.
    Personally I'm sick of support players taking my CS when I am playing our AD Carry, its slows down my farm to get BT/IE and lets the enemy carry get ahead so sorry if this sounds like a rant its not meaning to :P