hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: LOL - Support thread

Who is an easy support char to learn how to play on? Ive spent pretty much all my time playing Garen and realized that probably isn't the best idea.

Taric. Stun bitches, look fabulous. Also Sona.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by rojomojo915 View Post
    Who is an easy support char to learn how to play on? Ive spent pretty much all my time playing Garen and realized that probably isn't the best idea.
    I pretty much exclusively play Alistair, never banned and a good counter to Taric (least imo). Before you get in to playing support you need the GP10 quints imo.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Nah, they're only 3 gold/10 seconds. Nice to have but they literally only get you your sightstone a minute faster, if that. If you're playing in ranked where most other supports will THEORETICALLY (hi 2 rune page scrubs) have them, then yeah, but in normals? Nah.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    I pretty much exclusively play Alistair, never banned and a good counter to Taric (least imo). Before you get in to playing support you need the GP10 quints imo.
    I'd classify Alistair as one of the hardest supports to play. You can totally screw up your combo, accidentally knock targets to safety, and he has very limited utility when he isn't going all in. It takes a LOT of game presence and trust in your ADC to play him correctly. When you play him wrong, he is a net detriment to your team and can totally screw up your lane. A good Alistair is terrifying to lane against, but a bad one is terrifying to lane with.

Ah yes, I'M HELPING Alistar. Up there with Jarvan and Janna in terms of unintentionally hilarious enemy saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    I'd classify Alistair as one of the hardest supports to play. You can totally screw up your combo, accidentally knock targets to safety, and he has very limited utility when he isn't going all in. It takes a LOT of game presence and trust in your ADC to play him correctly. When you play him wrong, he is a net detriment to your team and can totally screw up your lane. A good Alistair is terrifying to lane against, but a bad one is terrifying to lane with.
    totally ive fucked up my combo more time than i care to mention. when you start playing him, just make sure there is a solid wall behind them... (not a problem in the bottom lane) :P
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Ask me about midgets Donor Mendolorian Girl's Avatar
    saw a comment in the complaining thread that reminded me of this question...

when playing as support, if my ADC is about to die, but I can suicide to prevent that.. should I?
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Just goes to show how lowbrow the tastes of the British public are.

Depends on so many factors. Is the ADC fed, are they on a killstreak, who's higher level, if you save them are they going to be able to do any more damage, have you used all your skills in the current fight....so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Depends on so many factors. Is the ADC fed, are they on a killstreak, who's higher level, if you save them are they going to be able to do any more damage, have you used all your skills in the current fight....so on and so forth.
    Pretty much this.
    If your death enables your ADC to come out ahead in the long run in some way, do it.
    Could mean he gets a kill, keeps farming for a significant period due to not being dead, doesn't give a bounty away, doesn't lose buffs, whatever....yes.

Serious question, Kayle support, how would you build it? I'm thinking max Q>W>E with a sighstone->sorc shoes->frost queen->dfg?->rabadon->rylai's? I'm not sure what the best items would be to round out the build tbh. DFG and rabadon would improve your heal and slow, but is it worth grabbing some attack speed items for late game?

I'm only level 23, so I still get to fuck around without rage for the most part.

Fucking about is all well and good but Kayle's not a good support. She's a good duo partner in a kill lane but that's not quite the same thing.

Bare in mind if you're a support, you're not there to do damage so much as you are there to buff - so for Kayle support, heavy on CDR and aura items with some situational AP. I wouldn't build Rylai's on Kayle - it's very expensive and she only has one spell that applies the slow, and that spell already slows. You want as much CDR as possible so you can constantly be healing, ulting and slowing.

Donor
    Taric is like the easiest support ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Waagaa View Post
    Taric is like the manliest support ever.
    Fixed it

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Waagaa View Post
    Taric is like the manliest support ever.
    Fixed it
    That too!

Leona for sure. If you're not into the hard engage type supports, consider Morgana/Zyra as counter engage options.

aka Mitix

Ive been maining taric while trying to get better at blitz/leona/annie.