hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boosters FAQ

Re: Boosters FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Talinthi
    Quote Originally Posted by xanral
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    To my knowledge, Incursion 1.4 introduced customs scanning of corp hangars as well. So I don't know that there's anyway to safely move boosters through highsec short of finding a route without any customs officials.
    Random thought, and I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. Could you put the drugs inside a ship (an imicus or something) and then place that ship inside the orca? Basically does customs scan the SMA of the orca?
    afaik this does not work but i havent tested it recently, all my orca pilots cant enter hisec....
    Can't transport a ship carrying something else than charges (ammo, nanite paste) in a SMA.

Ah oh well, thanks.

To my knowledge, Incursion 1.4 introduced customs scanning of corp hangars as well. So I don't know that there's anyway to safely move boosters through highsec short of finding a route without any customs officials.
    Random thought, and I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. Could you put the drugs inside a ship (an imicus or something) and then place that ship inside the orca? Basically does customs scan the SMA of the orca?
    Pretty sure you if a ship has something other than charges in its cargo you cant put it in an Orca/Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden
    Pretty sure you if a ship has something other than charges in its cargo you cant put it in an Orca/Carrier
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk
    yeah prices spiked on mindflood when delve got invaded. it was probably opportunistic rather than a true lack of gas.
    The problem has never been the gas (except for some rare shortages) its the blueprints - I myself havent seen a strong flood one on contracts for a while now, and used my last one up weeks ago.

whoopdedoo, writing this made me check, and there was one I could nab. good times.

Normally there is still a huge profit to be made by simply buying any gas you see at sell price, be it 80k or 180k.
    If there is absolutely no gas to be found, even reprocessing standards is an option, and lifts production costs only slightly. (1 unit of standard nets you 18.7 cloud-equivalents when producing strong and improved. standard flood is 3.2M atm, while the relevant cloud is like 220k - do the math)

As for pricing, strongs are usually around 20 (less and less nowadays), and even that is based only on convention.

With the more exotic types its pretty much a sellers market, since supply is so small (due to complicated production, high entry costs, and, especially, difficulty in sourcing production materials) that producers can ask whatever they feel like - Jita is selling strong flood for 40 last I checked. (i suspect two, maybe three people, including me, are cooking it for the market in the entire cluster)
    If, however, a certain kind of strong has a more stable demand, or readily available materials (blue pill, exile, drop) prices fall, and eventually actual competition arises, dropping prices further.

And yea, moving them is a non-issue, just get something with a covops cloak, and stay as cloaked as possible when warping from gate and to gate (and spend as little idle time by a gate as possible). Apparently they dont check you while you are off the gate grids, I have sat at planets for hours with product in hold without any hassle.

One typical way to get caught (two out of two with me) is when the gates are really close, and you get to the out-gate so soon that the session change timer doesnt let you jump for a while (and you cant cloak either as you are at zero to the gate).
    Nowadays when I see such a short warp, i take a detour to a celestial to bide my time.

I've been confiscated once in a cloaky hauler (viator).

I think it was 0.7

Anyway ususally you can get away with it.

I recently got flagged in my covops because I didnt spam jump as I landed on the gate. But being on the gate, I jumped through immediately after say no so it was fine.

The land of Vikings and cross country skiing

I always get the notification after I click jump. Flying my cloaked viator didn't prevent me from getting fined either. Although this is based on a very small sample of course.

Got fined on the low sec side when i warped to a high sec gate yesterday with boosters. My assumption that there would be no penalty below 0.5 was wrong.

IMO, this should be changed.

Has anyone noticed any random penalties when using Quafe Zero? There aren't any listed in the item description, and after use none appear in the character sheet the way they do with ordinary boosters.

But I noticed this today:

Quote Originally Posted by joe space View Post
    burning straight up when surrounded by bad guys... when you explode you will be a rising beautiful testament to el33t pvp escaping into the ether above those beneath you and they will immediately realize, upon viewing your bold presence above them, their inferiority and they will feel bad for what they done.
    EVE: Raz Lictor
    WoT: ArmoredPie

What are the most common boosters used for each ship types?

e.g. crash: draek army, (lowsec) stealth bombers
    mindflood: logi, carriers (maybe dreads?)

what about the other types?
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Exile: Active armour (eg. Myrm, Sacrilege), Thanatos/Archon/Nidhoggur
    Blue Pill: Active shield (eg. Cyclone), Chimera
    Mindflood: Scimi, carriers, nano ships (no penalties, more burn time)
    X-Instinct: AHACs, Guardians, frigates (sometimes)
    Crash: Drakes, bombers, Tengus
    Drop: turret BS (eg. Mach), titans
    Sooth Sayer: not much, possibly AC Machs
    Frentix: not much, possibly sniper HACs

Listed roughly in order of how commonly encountered they are.

12) Are there any implants that affect boosters?

You missed out edge implant sets, granted most would avoid using these as they're pretty crap compared to other implant sets. Someone argued that they were the most useful implant set for shield boosting cap pilots as crystals don't work on capital boosters

Contracts to 'Admiral Rufus' please

Quote Originally Posted by cillisia View Post
    12) Are there any implants that affect boosters?

You missed out edge implant sets, granted most would avoid using these as they're pretty crap compared to other implant sets. Someone argued that they were the most useful implant set for shield boosting cap pilots as crystals don't work on capital boosters
    they're also really rare (see: expensive), no current demand afaik.