hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Darkness? Sparkly vampires are a go!

Permadeath eh?

Status of Babby: 100% Formed

Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Permadeath eh?
    Why took it a full page for this reaction? I thought this was a bittervet hardcore pvp eve forum. The mere idea of perma death should be music to each and everyone.

I wonder how big of a handgun one can carry and whether that will be enough to head shot people. Oh and I hope there is a decent weapon selection.
    nevar forget

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by ry ry View Post
    so it's basically a pve game where you can flag yourself for pvp, featuring complex-social-interaction-and-intrigue which as a mechanic i can only imagine operating as some kind of vampire-themed linkedin.
    You will not be able to completely avoid PvP according to the 'devs'.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Smuggo
    What sort of font will it have?

I remember that video. Worsth thing about it (iirc, i don't have sound here) is the way the fanboy/employee audience bursts into huge applause at this trailer which is basically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Permadeath eh?
    World of Darkness wouldn't be WoD without it. Unlike in DnD, in WoD when you die that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    What sort of font will it have?
    hellvetica.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Why took it a full page for this reaction? I thought this was a bittervet hardcore pvp eve forum. The mere idea of perma death should be music to each and everyone.
    Because then they'd have to say something good about the product that they've been heaping their loathing onto for the past year or two.

Will the gay bars have some form of spinning?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Will the gay bars have some form of spinning?
    Will they support rimming?
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

I don't see why not considering the statement that 'games need a$$holes'

+1 meatspin

The amusing part of all this is if you go through the WoD MMO thread on the White Wolf forums, you'll find bittervamps already there shitting all over CCP and their plans for the game. I think most are annoyed that conceptually CCP is basing the game off of the old World of Darkness lore and rules and not the new WoD, which most believe to be a better game. I'm not sure exactly how you can tell this from a 90 second video, but they can. Also, some are dissatisfied that it's only vampires and no werewolves will be included in the game (also missing - mages, changlings, etc). Even more have already latched onto the competence of CCP as a game development company and are barely able to stay optimistic about it. They still have a lot of optimists over there, though, so I can see a lot of players on release who will be willing to plop down money on subs, MT clothing, or whatever bullshit they have available. Then, they can truly start the transformation to bitter CCP customers.

I don't think the game will ultimately be very successful with the table top crowd, however.

There will be a general CCP run metaplot that develops over time but the main metaplots will be left for the players to drive forward.
    If anyone here has done any amount of role playing before, they should know that most players are incapable of driving the plot of a game forward themselves. That's why every game has a GM who runs it. They envision it as a virtual LARP where players run around and interact while dressed in costume, which is basically a really nice way of saying there will be absolutely nothing to do in game!
    Last edited by Xiang Jiao; September 20 2011 at 06:43:04 PM.

so this is what they use my moms credit card for?

I reread the list from their little vampcon and this item struck me as unusual:

Can get to Prince level power without killing a single thing, all done via networking, politics and friendships.
    In Eve terms, if we can even equate the two games, the only way to get to the end game is by blueing and backstabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    The amusing part of all this is if you go through the WoD MMO thread on the White Wolf forums, you'll find bittervamps already there shitting all over CCP and their plans for the game. I think most are annoyed that conceptually CCP is basing the game off of the old World of Darkness lore and rules and not the new WoD, which most believe to be a better game. I'm not sure exactly how you can tell this from a 90 second video, but they can. Also, some are dissatisfied that it's only vampires and no werewolves will be included in the game (also missing - mages, changlings, etc).
    There are two things about World of Darkness that sucks. The new system, and the players. The White Wolf fanbase is such a terrible throng of childish nerdiness it boggles the mind as to how they could have arisen from what was originally one of the best and most mature RPGs around.

I don't think the game will ultimately be very successful with the table top crowd, however.
    I think it has a fuckton of potential and I commend them for sticking with the old system. But catering to that fanbase is a bad idea and CCP will botch up somehow, because they're CCP. I think it will fail, but it might renew the company's image as some kind of indie company carving a new path. CCP + White Wolf is actually a great idea, if only CCP could make games and if only White Wolf didn't have the fans it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I wonder how big of a handgun one can carry and whether that will be enough to head shot people. Oh and I hope there is a decent weapon selection.

or nada

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    You will not be able to completely avoid PvP according to the 'devs'.
    A permadeath game where you can't avoid PvP? I hope they're using the wide definition of PvP, like market PvP. We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    Your entire post seems to have confused the grand fantasy-based 'srs bsns' role-playing of neck beards everywere and V:tM, which is the domain of eyeliner clad chicks (and I guess blokes too) with a Lestat/Edward fetish and a desire to indulge in some softcore vampire erotica.

So long as there's a '/dryhump' emoticon, I'm fairly sure the game can make it without things like 'plot', 'story' or a point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    A permadeath game where you can't avoid PvP? I hope they're using the wide definition of PvP, like market PvP. We'll see I guess.
    Doesn't necessarily mean that permadeath is especially easy. Maybe when you "die" you go into torpor, but if you linger in that state too long or can't find blood you'll suffer the Final Death.