hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: World of Darkness? Sparkly vampires are a go!

Quote Originally Posted by Garviel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Damn, those screens look nice. Hopefully we get full video in next week or two. Even though this will near certainly be nuWOD... I still want to see this game so much. And yes, if you follow the rules of the system only the Prince of the city possesses right to sentence other Kindred to (final) death. Otherwise you better have a damn good argument that it was necessary self defense.

If/when game comes out we could see similar situation with origins of EVE with beta players establishing themselves as "true power" holding all the cards. And setting is made around idea of trice damned Elders controlling everything.

Edit. Ofc if they ever ever put in Mages as a playable race...

But still, they should have gone for a Exalted MMO, much more gratifying fights.
    Werewolves are the obvious next race to introduce. They're fairly easy, conceptually & developmentaly speaking, people who don't know the White Wolf universe have heard of & understand them, and ofc they're the natural counter to Vampires. Plus they're a welcome relief to all that Vampire emoing

And weren't they the first follow on in the PnP game?

Mages would be a fucking nightmare to do the magic even remotely right. I just don't see how it could be done in an MMO until you can run one on a Culture mind or something.
    They are using oWod so.. well.. They are going to have one hell of a headache balancing without gutting the concept..

oWod didn't have a lot of balance between supernaturals.. A starter warewolf could rather easily tear three starter vamps to shreds :P
    Werewolves have their own weaknesses. Anyway as said, game balance is more important than fluff.

Welp:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/14/561...h-redundancies

Not really that surprised as it never seemed like they could even come up with a build that would even make it to Alpha.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Welp:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/14/561...h-redundancies

Not really that surprised as it never seemed like they could even come up with a build that would even make it to Alpha.
    confirms the other thread on this topic.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Did anyone see these before? They are supposedly leaked screenshots from alpha:

Spoiler:

That looks pretty bland for something that's been in development for 5 years. Of course im not the target audience so v0v

It's the alpha. For that it looks pretty good. Also are those characters based on the Incarna character creator? If so, proof they can interact in something bigger than a single room while being alone.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    It's the alpha. For that it looks pretty good. Also are those characters based on the Incarna character creator? If so, proof they can interact in something bigger than a single room while being alone.
    But it's an alpha after 8 years of development. That's rather sad. How many times did CCP mention WoD going back to the drawing board?

They need to take some of the devs they are retaining and mix them into a team to get Incarna into something more than Captain's Closets.

Also, I'm sure the Dust players would love to get to use the Streaming character generator tech CCP demoed at last year's fanfest to make personalized avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    They need to take some of the devs they are retaining and mix them into a team to get Incarna into something more than Captain's Closets.
    I hope they do. And I suspect they will do that. Just to recoup some of the investment.
    nevar forget

That went well.