hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WoT Release Plan for 2011-2012

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Schedule

I only bought a fucking KV-3 the other day because I thought the russian heavies were changing soon. Want rid of the thing already.
    Victory!
    Battle: Himmelsdorf 12 August 2011 20:21:48
    Vehicle: BT-2
    Experience received: 4,760
    Credits received: 7,831

Like a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbeast View Post
    I think it would be nice if they implemented something akin to actual physics into the game. Especially concerning the tank transmissions.

Can you imagine a RL T-54 pulling so many stop, forward, reverse, forward, turn, reverse, stop, forward all in a 10 second time span? That tank's engine would be destroyed under its own stress. Maybe even cause it's own fire, lol.
    Yes, better we all sit in a bush while having 0,5 APM.

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    Yes, better we all sit in a bush while having 0,5 APM.
    give it autopilot

cuz realism is why we play video games
    In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? ... At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will.

Any date for the 6.7 patch?

15th of this month. AKA this Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui Shon View Post
    What is this?
    Fog of war in clan battles is most likely that you won't get a vehicle list so you have no idea what the other team brings until they are spotted.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Fog of war in clan battles is most likely that you won't get a vehicle list so you have no idea what the other team brings until they are spotted.
    this
    In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? ... At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will.

That wold be quite awesome ^^
    Hiro Cor

Every time I see a thread like this (and I only just saw this thread) I am reminded that I need to play tanks more because its actually a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Every time I see a thread like this (and I only just saw this thread) I am reminded that I need to play tanks more because its actually a lot of fun.
    I'm burned out on it actually. The grind is getting to be too much with the one game mode pubbie fest, so I went back to playing Eve.

Sadly a lot of this list was supposed to have come out during Beta. Sometimes I think Wargaming.com is CCP on speed with moving on to multiple new projects while a large portion of WoT remains unfinished.

FOW in clan battles will only work if more than the current handful of top tanks are actually viable, otherwise you'll know exactly what the enemy will be bringing based on the map.

The addition of new regions is an attempt to address the problem with most of the non-EU/USA clans burning out due to TZ issues with the battles.

What they seriously need is the new battle modes because WoT is rapidly becoming stale. The numbers online on the NA server have dropped by around 20% since the peak a couple of months ago.

Cheers.
    Empowering rushes, then. Or, you'll always have to prepare for rushes.
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

It makes proper and quality scouting (and counter scouting) far more important, which will change the meta. It also allows as you say for more variety of team setup.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Sadly a lot of this list was supposed to have come out during Beta. Sometimes I think Wargaming.com is CCP on speed with moving on to multiple new projects while a large portion of WoT remains unfinished.

FOW in clan battles will only work if more than the current handful of top tanks are actually viable, otherwise you'll know exactly what the enemy will be bringing based on the map.

The addition of new regions is an attempt to address the problem with most of the non-EU/USA clans burning out due to TZ issues with the battles.

What they seriously need is the new battle modes because WoT is rapidly becoming stale. The numbers online on the NA server have dropped by around 20% since the peak a couple of months ago.
    It's a little different:

Players: We need more battle modes, new Clan wars regions & more variety in clan wars.
    Wargaming: Here's our plan for the next 12 to 18 months, with more battle modes, new Clan wars regions & more variety in clan wars planned.

Players: We need a 0.0 revamp, a general ship rebalance and hybrid changes.
    CCP: Here's a new pretty virtual dress to wear. That'll be $50.

Max

Do they have pretty virtual dresses already? Or just monocles :P

I never got around to doing more then one face, Qui's, and it was a rushjob so didn't turn out so good.
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Yes Max but just like CCP we have the promise of more battle modes and better clanwars "SooN" but we are getting new premium tanks and stuff like game affecting consumable camoflague a lot sooner.

Historical battles were supposed to be available during the beta for example.

To be fair I suspect Wargaming.com simply bit off more that they can easily chew with the great success they have had, and I give them full credit for what they have done. But they need to keep a focus which is what these new projects may distract from as the temptation will be to move key skilled people to WoP as the inital cash cow will be hard to resist.

TBH even WoW sufferd from this with atleast one feature (siege weapons in pvp, promised at launch, put in with 2nd expansion several years later). Probably more but I cant remember

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    game affecting consumable camoflague
    Tell me more about this. Do we have specifics yet? Will it make TDs and arty impossible to find unless you're right on top of them? Fuck this game getting any more campy. Will they bring back tracers at the same time to balance this?

Cammo consumable will supposedly be gold only. And "minor compared to effects of skill or cammo net", or that's what Overlord says.

But yeah. On test with Chaffee with optics and vent I had to get closer than 150m to see Hummel in a bush, and likely only because he moved to shoot me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui Shon View Post
    Do they have pretty virtual dresses already? Or just monocles :P

I never got around to doing more then one face, Qui's, and it was a rushjob so didn't turn out so good.
    Haha. Even if I wanted to go back to EVE, I couldn't. Ever since their latest patch, I have been unable to load the game past the splash screen. And of course, CCP is blaming everything from my Windows 7 (x64) to my graphics driver. Anything so long as it's not their fault.