hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 163

Thread: RIP Twitter?

  1. #41

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Trump said "nah" after Elon did his weasely little poll and declared him a free man.


    Owned.
    Why is Trump going to undermine his own failing platform to help Elon's ?
    For a smart guy, Elon Musk is really dumb.
    Trump couldn't even remember the name of his platform, he almost called it Trump social

  2. #42
    theBlind's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Trump said "nah" after Elon did his weasely little poll and declared him a free man.


    Owned.
    Why is Trump going to undermine his own failing platform to help Elon's ?
    For a smart guy, Elon Musk is really dumb.
    Trump couldn't even remember the name of his platform, he almost called it Trump social
    You see, what's important isn't the name but how much money he can make with it.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

  3. #43
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,913

  4. #44

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,298
    Tweeter got some balls, good luck to the new crew.


  5. #45
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    It's pretty fun popcorn watching it implode.
    C

    Any suggestions for alternatives? (for realtime event news that isn't facebook or newsnow)
    Mastodon
    Got my own instance up and running @ https://zuul.no if anyone is interested

    Also looking for a co-admin that could step in and help in case I am unavailable and something breaks. Moderators would also be pretty helpfull in case the instance starts to grow (which it might if twitter continues to fall apart and people are seeking asylumn elsewhere).

  6. #46
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    5,788
    how much do you pay?

  7. #47
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    how much do you pay?
    For that instance? Nothing beyond the electricity bill (and $10 dollars a month for object storage where I put the server backups on Linode). I run the server from home on a Unix System V OS

    If I had rented a VPS for it I would pay a minimum of $40 bux a month

  8. #48

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,758

  9. #49
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,653
    As pointed in comments he clearly can't tolerate himself. Hence drug binges with Grimes.

  10. #50
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    how much do you pay?
    For that instance? Nothing beyond the electricity bill (and $10 dollars a month for object storage where I put the server backups on Linode). I run the server from home on a Unix System V OS

    If I had rented a VPS for it I would pay a minimum of $40 bux a month
    no, i meant for the co-admin role.

  11. #51
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    how much do you pay?
    For that instance? Nothing beyond the electricity bill (and $10 dollars a month for object storage where I put the server backups on Linode). I run the server from home on a Unix System V OS

    If I had rented a VPS for it I would pay a minimum of $40 bux a month
    no, i meant for the co-admin role.
    Tons of exposure

  12. #52
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,774
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    how much do you pay?
    For that instance? Nothing beyond the electricity bill (and $10 dollars a month for object storage where I put the server backups on Linode). I run the server from home on a Unix System V OS

    If I had rented a VPS for it I would pay a minimum of $40 bux a month
    no, i meant for the co-admin role.
    Tons of exposure
    so dick pics?

  13. #53

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,559
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    It's pretty fun popcorn watching it implode.
    C

    Any suggestions for alternatives? (for realtime event news that isn't facebook or newsnow)
    Mastodon
    Got my own instance up and running @ https://zuul.no if anyone is interested

    Also looking for a co-admin that could step in and help in case I am unavailable and something breaks. Moderators would also be pretty helpfull in case the instance starts to grow (which it might if twitter continues to fall apart and people are seeking asylumn elsewhere).
    Have a look at this post, before you run into trouble with your instance: https://digitalcourage.social/@crsch...12294621477242
    Fun fact: sharing this link on Mastodon caused my server to serve 112,772,802 bytes of data, in 430 requests, over the 60 seconds after I posted it (>7 r/s). Not because humans wanted them, but because of the LinkFetchWorker, which kicks off 1-60 seconds after Mastodon indexes a post (and possibly before it's ever seen by a human).

    Every Mastodon instance fetches and stores their own local copy of my 750kb preview image.

  14. #54
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    It's pretty fun popcorn watching it implode.
    C

    Any suggestions for alternatives? (for realtime event news that isn't facebook or newsnow)
    Mastodon
    Got my own instance up and running @ https://zuul.no if anyone is interested

    Also looking for a co-admin that could step in and help in case I am unavailable and something breaks. Moderators would also be pretty helpfull in case the instance starts to grow (which it might if twitter continues to fall apart and people are seeking asylumn elsewhere).
    Have a look at this post, before you run into trouble with your instance: https://digitalcourage.social/@crsch...12294621477242
    Fun fact: sharing this link on Mastodon caused my server to serve 112,772,802 bytes of data, in 430 requests, over the 60 seconds after I posted it (>7 r/s). Not because humans wanted them, but because of the LinkFetchWorker, which kicks off 1-60 seconds after Mastodon indexes a post (and possibly before it's ever seen by a human).

    Every Mastodon instance fetches and stores their own local copy of my 750kb preview image.
    Face it, Mastodon isn't going to happen.



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  15. #55
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,321
    Departed Twitter Founder Jack Dorsey Is Launching a New Social Network
    Linky: https://bsky.app/

    https://futurism.com/the-byte/twitte...social-network
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  16. #56
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Have a look at this post, before you run into trouble with your instance
    Hmm, good tip. Will implement the neccessary steps to avoid being DDOSed

    Edit: Moved to cloudflare
    Last edited by helgur; November 28 2022 at 08:48:52 PM.

  17. #57

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    7,629
    That 40b they got for twitter will pay for a lot of servers.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

  18. #58
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    That 40b they got for twitter will pay for a lot of servers.
    If I read it correctly, and I may very well have missed something, the main guys got basically nothing compared against the 40b price tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  19. #59
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,518
    Basically all the money went to the shareholders and investors. That was why they were prepared to take legal action to force Musk to go ahead with the takeover: it was the only way to get out with a sack of money as twitter couldn't turn a profit.


  20. #60
    Melichor's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,216
    Musk has decided to now go after Apple for suppressing free speech, the same Musk who has been having people banned for hurting his feelings lol

    *Spoilered because large image that I failed to resize*

      Spoiler:

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •