hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: We met with Arnar today

We met with Arnar today

Had a Skype conference call with Arnar about resource allocation concerns, but the results are heavily NDA'd. We have another meeting coming soon.

So you had a meeting, but you can't ever tell us anything about the content, so there is a post telling us nothing so we can speculate and gnash our teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Helicity View Post
    So you had a meeting, but you can't ever tell us anything about the content, so there is a post telling us nothing so we can speculate and gnash our teeth?
    That was the plan, yes...

Hey

hey guys

check this out

no really check it out

guys

guys

guys you gotta see this

guys

raaaaaaaaaarrr im a lion!

Cocktease...

I think that is a dragon

Donor
    So if eve isn't getting resources what is the point in talking to the head of eve when they probably don't have any influence on getting more resources.
    CCP has been using terms such as borrowing teams from other projects since apocrypha and to think eve will get more is a joke.
    Csm will just be fobbed off with more promises which amount to nothing just like :18 months: :5 years:

i wonder if you guys still think there's any point in what you're doing?

i mean, the best thing you can do is forward to CCP the fact that people are pissed off.

there's been discontent for a while(even among the non crazy eve communities) about the issue of eve neglect, and if ccp don't know that by now then what else can you do anyways? shout louder?

at some point it all breaks down and it just gets to the point of "its our(ccp's) game and we can do what we want to", especially when talking about big issues like resource allocation.

i always felt like that was the case. honestly, aside from feedback about minor issues the CSM is fundamentally not equipped to deal with the issues it's been trying to deal with since at least csm 4. they aren't there day to day, they aren't "under ccp's thumb" so to speak from an employment perspective, and they don't have the full set of information available to them like an employee would have. this massively discounts anything they can contribute.

to me the CSM is something to abuse for free vacations until CCP realizes it fundamentally can't work and shuts it down. I've felt this way ever since the end of csm3 and realized that ccp can't take us seriously even if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by two step View Post
    Had a Skype conference call with Arnar about resource allocation concerns, but the results are heavily NDA'd. We have another meeting coming soon.
    was the outcome broadly positive, broadly negative, or meh?

I think that is a dragon
    no it is a lion dancer

even the ass end of a lion dancer is cooler than 99% of the people in this world combined

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_dance

I woke up and took a shit...the results of this meeting between my ass and the toilet are heavily NDA'd, so no more information for you! That is all

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Yeats View Post
    It is called a difference of opinion and if you're going to get so shirty about it, you might want to cancel your connection to the internet.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Update appreciated. It will be good to keep such meetings in public, at minimum for timeline. Important is followup. When, who, etc. Gives a spotlight on those and/or situations where followup remains absent.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

I tried to make a gratin today but then something went wrong and I had a spontaneous impulse and I ended up with an awesome variant of mashed potatoes

jokes and internet-hardmanning-as-a-make-believe-space-terrorist aside;
    i truly, sincerely hope, that you guys have not let these twits blow smoke and non-commital bullshit that they have absolutely no intent of following up on up your collective assholes.

This ridiculous situation has already lasted long enough, ccp really needs to nut up and mea culpa; and then change or they will (more swiftly than they realize) find themselves unemployed in iceland and for those who are not whale-hunters by nature this ALSO mean goodbye pension plan, since they cannot export it...

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    i truly, sincerely hope, that you guys have not let these twits blow smoke and non-commital bullshit that they have absolutely no intent of following up on up your collective assholes.

This ridiculous situation has already lasted long enough, ccp really needs to nut up and mea culpa; and then change or they will (more swiftly than they realize) find themselves unemployed in iceland and for those who are not whale-hunters by nature this ALSO mean goodbye pension plan, since they cannot export it...
    I trust they will also have similar time with Torfi. Because Torfi > Arnar on these matters. Theory != practice, and let's be honest here for a moment. Torfi is still Torfi. Even if they gave him a special watch, he still guides and decides.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

We are holding them to exactly what Hilmar told CCP to hold the players to, which is to see what they do, not what they say.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by noobcake View Post
    I woke up and took a shit...the results of this meeting between my ass and the toilet are heavily NDA'd, so no more information for you! That is all
    So you can't tell us if the toilet was cold or not? Also is there any plans for more WIP'ing? Was the toilet paper two-ply or is it being nerfed into that kind of paper that is almost like rice paper? You really need to clear the air on these and other (t)issues.

We are holding them to exactly what Hilmar told CCP to hold the players to, which is to see what they do, not what they say.

if theres one good thing that came out of hilmar's letter, its this and the ability to use it on CCP

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    ...but the results are heavily NDA'd...
    Then why did you make this thread?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Then why did you make this thread?
    Because that's what being in the CSM is all about m8. Attention whoring.