hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: We met with Arnar today

Internet hate. So much internet hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

I think all the CSM members should come together and unanimously agree to simultaneously break the NDA.

hey look, torfi got off his ass and made a goodpost, and i can now point out that we got ship spinning and the old hangar functionality back, which removes one of the worst aspects of Incarna (it being mandatory)

meanwhile, winter is coming~

Quote Originally Posted by BLEURRRRGH View Post
    I think all the CSM members should come together and unanimously agree to simultaneously break the NDA.
    I think you should stop posting

Quote Originally Posted by a mitten View Post
    hey look, torfi got off his ass and made a goodpost, and i can now point out that we got ship spinning and the old hangar functionality back, which removes one of the worst aspects of Incarna (it being mandatory)

meanwhile, winter is coming~
    Yep, he confirms on the next page the drag-and-drop and double click functionality will be returning. Along with being able to choose between 'old hangar' and disembarking your ship. https://forums.eveonline.com/default...4095#post64095

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    I don't think I've ever seen so many words written - with such iron confidence as to their surety - on the basis of nothing but raw speculation. It's like Virt, Kate and Dodgy were ~on our shoulders~ at the summits and in our Skype channel, and they're letting the truth leak out! Noooooooo~

Get help.
    It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so unbelievably bad at their own game :P
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Yep, he confirms on the next page the drag-and-drop and double click functionality will be returning. Along with being able to choose between 'old hangar' and disembarking your ship. https://forums.eveonline.com/default...4095#post64095
    Has he commented on how long that functionality will be available? Bit late here, but I vaguely recall comments along the lines of "interim, subject to future feature evolution". Could be confusing something here, entirely possible.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Whatever. Soon the season of "suck it bitches" - where I rub what CSM6 has wrought in the faces of the doubters and paranoids of this forum - will begin. Ship session change timers, TiDi and the return of the hangar view/ship spinning (despite the 'mandatory' Incarna) is only the beginning.

Then by March, I'll just smile and nod at anyone still telling themselves that the CSM is powerless, and ensure that it remains in sound hands. (This will also involve unironically stumping for Trebor, a bit of crow I'll be happy to eat)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Has he commented on how long that functionality will be available? Bit late here, but I vaguely recall comments along the lines of "interim, subject to future feature evolution". Could be confusing something here, entirely possible.
    I think that was in reference to 'the door' as an option to turn off CQ due to performance issues. Of course it makes sense to get rid of 'the door' once engine optimisations are sufficiently complete, but I don't expect them to switch of the 'old hangar' after they've spent time re-implementing it. But then, I don't feel the need to ~predict~ bitter doomsday scenarios.

Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Whatever. Soon the season of "suck it bitches" - where I rub what CSM6 has wrought in the faces of the doubters and paranoids of this forum - will begin. Ship session change timers, TiDi and the return of the hangar view/ship spinning (despite the 'mandatory' Incarna) is only the beginning.

Then by March, I'll just smile and nod at anyone still telling themselves that the CSM is powerless, and ensure that it remains in sound hands. (This will also involve unironically stumping for Trebor, a bit of crow I'll be happy to eat)
    Rub it around all you want if and when CCP delivers. I'm tired of this political e-spacehip wrangling bullshit; I want results, which means I want you guys to avoid the inevitable traps that are being laid. I sincerely hope you don't think your work is done on the advocacy front, Mittens; even if CCP does fix the gaping chest wounds, there's a lot of reconstructive surgery yet to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelgrivion View Post
    Rub it around all you want if and when CCP delivers. I'm tired of this political e-spacehip wrangling bullshit; I want results, which means I want you guys to avoid the inevitable traps that are being laid. I sincerely hope you don't think your work is done on the advocacy front, Mittens; even if CCP does fix the gaping chest wounds, there's a lot of reconstructive surgery yet to be done.
    No, I pretty much figured that everything was ~completely peachy~ and that I could go back to playing EVE, a game I love so much that I don't log in to play unless under extreme duress (such as an invasion by four separate massive alliances simultaneously) for months at a time.

Whatever. Soon the season of "suck it bitches" - where I rub what CSM6 has wrought in the faces of the doubters and paranoids of this forum
    Altering my view from charmingly arrogant to insane bullshitter in one post.

CCP always planned on bringing some form of the ship hangar back, they've said as much since they first dumped Incarna on duality to cries of 'where's my fucking hangar?'.

At best the CSM can be credited for guiding that vision from some form of crazy ass hattery to someting resembling the traditional hangar, not that we'd know of course because that's all apparently NDA as it was never covered in the minutes.

The irony of course is that this would be game design, something you said from the very outset of your campaign that you would not do, nor is it what the CSM should be doing.

So the big achievement for this CSM is for you to go back on your word and run around crowing the same 'I will/have fixed hybrids' bollocks you spent so long laughing at your predecessors for.

I'd expected this kind of vulgar opportunism, but had hoped I was merely a bitter cynic, instead behind the :words: we find nothing but an endless river of liquid faeces.

No, I pretty much figured that everything was ~completely peachy~ and that I could go back to playing EVE, a game I love so much that I don't log in to play unless under extreme duress (such as an invasion by four separate massive alliances simultaneously) for months at a time.
    Sounds like you're just as tired of the aforementioned (CCP's) bullshit over the game we want vs the game we have and the game being delivered as the rest of us. Complaining about posturing at this point just isn't worth the time and effort if the results are good. All I want CCP to do is get back to making EVE a good and always improving spaceship game.

This thread

Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by two step View Post
    Had a Skype conference call with Arnar about resource allocation concerns, but the results are heavily NDA'd. We have another meeting coming soon.
    Based on this post alone, I will not even consider voting for you come CSM7 election season, and I will encourage others to not vote for you either. You're a suckup wannabe bureaucrat in training IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Based on this post alone, I will not even consider voting for you come CSM7 election season, and I will encourage others to not vote for you either. You're a suckup wannabe bureaucrat in training IMO.
    Based on your post, you're a jerk who jumps to conclusions.

IMO.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

I'm backing off the media pressure after the meeting and am cautiously optimistic. Take that for what you will.

Hint: it wasn't "CCP threatened me", like some drooler on eve-o suggested.
    This is completely retarded, even for you, mittens. You NEVER ramped up the media pressure in the first place. If I remember correctly, you said you were planning to do so but ... "oops" ... it happened of its own volition as the gaming media picked up on the issue before you got around to networking your contacts to drum up some bad press for ccp.

So you did nothing in the first place, decided to continue doing nothing (and spun it as a change of plans) and when CCP told you to watch out for what you were even thinking about doing (notwithstanding your denial) you boldly proclaim that it is indeed the fearless way forward. Brilliant. Not.

I applaud your attempts to bring some ccp dev love onto the turd that is existence in 0.0 space. Your performance on the whole :monoclegate: debacle, in contrast, has been laughable and impotent.

<&QuackBot> Fuggin: There once was a man named tugginfuggin. He oft tugged his fuggin. That is the tale of tugginfuggin.

This is completely retarded, even for you, mittens. You NEVER ramped up the media pressure in the first place. If I remember correctly, you said you were planning to do so but ... "oops" ... it happened of its own volition as the gaming media picked up on the issue before you got around to networking your contacts to drum up some bad press for ccp.

So you did nothing in the first place, decided to continue doing nothing (and spun it as a change of plans) and when CCP told you to watch out for what you were even thinking about doing (notwithstanding your denial) you boldly proclaim that it is indeed the fearless way forward. Brilliant. Not.

I applaud your attempts to bring some ccp dev love onto the turd that is existence in 0.0 space. Your performance on the whole :monoclegate: debacle, in contrast, has been laughable and impotent.
    you sperged at two step for making a purely factual post, you should realize your own utter irrelevance and then commit suicide to atone for your sins against the english language

you sperged at two step for making a purely factual post, you should realize your own utter irrelevance and then commit suicide to atone for your sins against the english language
    I'm backing off the media pressure after the meeting and am cautiously optimistic. Take that for what you will.

Hint: it wasn't "CCP threatened me", like some drooler on eve-o suggested.
    Maybe you should off yourself for being hilariously predictable; this is exactly what some of us expected you would do. This is the course of action you take when you wanted to stick to the carrot, rather than the stick, from the beginning. It's not a good idea to back off of CCP because they'll go back to doing what they always do; say hollow words and make delivery time frames for player requested features some time between soon™ and never.

If Torfifrans still has even a portion of the same power as before, what on earth makes you think the status quo has or will change?
    Last edited by Evelgrivion; September 16 2011 at 03:04:17 AM.