hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [PVP] Thrasher

I fly it with a DC tank only and its probably the most fun you can have for under 10m isk a time...

http://spank.griefwatch.net/?p=details&kill=30
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

You can roll 280s on that fit without too much hassle (2 acr/burst aerator, cheap meta dcu, cheap meta tackle mods).
    Difference in EFT-dps may not seem too big for the tracking penalty, but its actually huge when you consider that fights can end after you land your third volley. Also you can blap stupid bombers on undock
    Added optimal is also p cool, esp. should you try to shake orbiting ceptors w/ Dep U

Confirming the artythrasher as probably the most fun space mobile for <10m.
    Last edited by n0th; January 29 2012 at 04:40:23 PM.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Somehow, I'm not sure how, my last post derp'd and didn't actually post the fit. o.0

[Thrasher, Hide Yo Frigs, Hide yo Tier 3s]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Damage Control II

1MN MicroWarpdrive II
    Medium Shield Extender II
    Warp Scrambler II

200mm AutoCannon II, Hail S
    Small Energy Neutralizer II

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
    Small Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I
    Small Core Defence Field Extender I

I use hail very often vs larger targets, and can still use it very effectively vs even smaller targets. I carry faction emp, pp, and fusion, along with barrage and hail. I very rarely use barrage tbh.

-Lords

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    I had a rocket launcher, my thinking being that either you'll wtfpwn the frig, or you won't hit it properly and die no matter what, so a neut wouldn't do much at all (also I fit for max dps, like your rigchoice tho).

Quote Originally Posted by ras View Post
    I had a rocket launcher, my thinking being that either you'll wtfpwn the frig, or you won't hit it properly and die no matter what, so a neut wouldn't do much at all (also I fit for max dps, like your rigchoice tho).
    Rocket launcher doesn't quite fit CPU wise unless I drop down to a named MSE or scram - which I'm unwilling to do. The dps added from a single rocket launcher is negligable, and I often engage extremely outnumbered - when you have 2 inties scramming you and you're faceraping one while the 50 man blob is inbound to warp in - you can sometimes cap out the other inty while u kill the first one. It's highly situational, but imo does more than a rocket launcher, and doesnt compromise any other parts of my fit to add on.

-Lords

Whats a good I'm-terrible-at-pvp-and-still-learning-not-to-be-terrible Trasher fit? AKA best option for low piloting skill person, SP independent. Thankless kiting (or tankless deeeeps) fits don't look like too much user firendly to me.

I know your supposed to learn PVP in a Rifter but at least on Trasher I don't have to worry about managing my rep and nos among all other things (as in: which rage, which ammo, if multiple targets who to primary, when to try and run... solo pvp is hard, having gang leader guide you over TS is a whole different world).
    Last edited by dzajic; January 30 2012 at 04:50:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Whats a good I'm-terrible-at-pvp-and-still-learning-not-to-be-terrible Trasher fit? AKA best option for low piloting skill person, SP independent. Thankless kiting (or tankless deeeeps) fits don't look like too much user firendly to me.

I know your supposed to learn PVP in a Rifter but at least on Trasher I don't have to worry about managing my rep and nos among all other things (as in: which rage, which ammo, if multiple targets who to primary, when to try and run... solo pvp is hard, having gang leader guide you over TS is a whole different world).
    Use my fit - just approach shit, overload guns, facemelt. Rinse, repeat. Just try not to engage outnumbered as then skills make more of a difference and things get srsbsns.

You pretty much can't mess up 1v1 or w/e in my fit - you have ace tracking, decent ehp, shittons of dps, and the fit is cheap. Just make sure you land scram and try to stay as close as possible. I'd suggest learning about different ships resists and know what sorta ammo to use, but in general EMP is good/decent vs all but minmatar t2 ships.

Oh, and I never learned to pvp in a rifter. tbqh I think i only have 1 or 2 kills in a rifter. I learned to pvp in a punisher with assigned fighters in 0.0. Many could argue that me being introduced to capitals this early on had a large impact on my psyche in regards to my later playstyles. *wink wink*

That said I "learned" to pvp in small ships by flying interceptors. For a while I fucking loved the taranis - was one of my fav ships. In general I'd say there is no one ship to "learn pvp" from, just pick a ship that looks cool or that you think would fit your personal playstyle and roll with it. If it doesn't work, buy a different ship, rinse and repeat. Eve is a sandbox game for a reason.

-Lords
    Last edited by LordsServant; January 30 2012 at 04:55:43 PM.

EFT Crafting here, will test on sisi soon.

[Thrasher, ASB]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Pseudoelectron Containment Field I

Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
    J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
    Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 100

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
    Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
    Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
    Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I

---------

its 111omni-tank (140 heated) obviously you would use in burst-tank.
    could also swap for 150s for better tracking at the cost of some dps.

the main dif between ASB and MSE setups are going to be the signatures,
    MSE - 71m/411m(mwd)
    ASB - 63m/366m(mwd)

That's an 11.3% decrease in sig, thus reducing your incoming damage, in turn strengthening your tank, especially if you're burning the mwd.

or, with lower resists/tank and higher damage- (still needs em rig imo)

[Thrasher, ASB dps]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Pseudoelectron Containment Field I

J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
    Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 100

Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I
    Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
    Small Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I

----

Tank - 93/117omni
    Sig - 58.8m/351m(mwd)
    ^reduction of 17.2% sig compared to MSE setup

[for reference, a rifter with MSE/EMrig signature is 44.1m/263m(mwd)]

all theory craft with the new boosters.
    Last edited by Kyle Semones; July 9 2012 at 04:16:59 PM.

[Thrasher, arty thrasha]
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II/Fourier

Warp Disruptor II
    Stasis Webifier II/Balmer Tracking D

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP S
    [empty high slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I

My arty thrasher setup.

Best compared to artywolf...

Pros:
    - Does more dps than arty wolf out to ~26km (break even point)
    - Has ~33% more alpha (1614, 1253)
    - Has web(or ewar of ur choice, I suggest tracking disruptor)
    - Better tracking
    - Better agility
    - ~1m isk hull compared to ~34m isk hull
    - Better capacitor (5m 4s w/o web compared to 1m 46s w/wolf, 3m5 running web
    - Can fit t2 point, not named for more range
    - Better cargohold (for loot) (THIS IS TOTALLY THE DEALMAKER RIGHT HERE)

Cons:
    - Slower than wolf (1873, 2543, both pre-heat)
    - Lower EHP (3545, 4349, omni)
    - Higher sig radius(336, 116)
    - Lower base locking speed (687.5, 875)
    - Shorter base locking range (33.75km, 50km)
    - Slower warping speed (3au/s, 6au/s)
    - Lower sensor strength (9,10)

What does the academy think?

$ for $ the thrasher is better and more dmg, but the bigger sig and slower speed, and the resist profile of the wolf, its about even.

but i'm cheap so Thrasher > Wolf

Thrasher fo sho
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by ras View Post
    Rocket launcher doesn't quite fit CPU wise unless I drop down to a named MSE or scram - which I'm unwilling to do. The dps added from a single rocket launcher is negligable, and I often engage extremely outnumbered - when you have 2 inties scramming you and you're faceraping one while the 50 man blob is inbound to warp in - you can sometimes cap out the other inty while u kill the first one. It's highly situational, but imo does more than a rocket launcher, and doesnt compromise any other parts of my fit to add on.

-Lords
    I also experimented with fitting a rocket launcher, however, the extra ~15 or so DPS you get from it is really not worth it compared to the utility you get from the neut. The first day I used a rocket launcher I encountered a TD-Dram. I managed to scram him but the TD saved him. He noted afterwards that a neut would have wrecked his cap and forced him to turn off his repper and TD. After that I fit neuts, and have found them to be extremely helpful. For example, I once engaged a Veng in my Thrasher - it was really close until my neut managed to shut off his tank, at which point he melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Semones View Post
    $ for $ the thrasher is better and more dmg, but the bigger sig and slower speed, and the resist profile of the wolf, its about even.

but i'm cheap so Thrasher > Wolf
    The main advantage of the Wolf over the Thrasher is the lowered sig radius (and of course better resist profile as you noted). The standard MSE-MWD Thrasher's sig radius and prop choice makes it difficult to take on cruisers and above solo (without a TD-armor fit), something the Wolf has a MUCH easier time with.

Which bring me to my next point. I've been playing around with the idea of an AB Thrasher with a nos for taking on cruisers. Assuming you can scram the cruiser and are orbiting at 500m with the AB on, and assuming he doesn't have a web (like a shield Ruppy), do you think the Thrasher can get under 220's/425's on a non-tracking bonused hull? If you could, the only problem at that point would be the 5 Warrior II's on you, but those pop super quick. I'll be trying this out soon myself but I'm curious if anyone else has attempted this.
    Last edited by Siva Surya; July 17 2012 at 09:31:06 PM.

Which bring me to my next point. I've been playing around with the idea of an AB Thrasher with a nos for taking on cruisers. Assuming you can scram the cruiser and are orbiting at 500m with the AB on, and assuming he doesn't have a web (like a shield Ruppy), do you think the Thrasher can get under 220's/425's on a non-tracking bonused hull? If you could, the only problem at that point would be the 5 Warrior II's on you, but those pop super quick. I'll be trying this out soon myself but I'm curious if anyone else has attempted this.
    Honestly, I dont think it would work well in application. And I highly doubt you could get under 220s. the trasher isnt quite fast/agile enough in my opinion. but maybe a dual drop/'armor' fit would be better???

[Thrasher, Dual prop]
    Corpii C-Type Small Armor Repairer
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

1MN Afterburner II
    Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
    Small Diminishing Power System Drain I

Small Anti-Kinetic Pump II
    Small Anti-Explosive Pump II
    Small Nanobot Accelerator I

thats just what i theory crafted in EFT, ill test something like this against 220s on sisi tomorrow.
    numbers:
    245dps
    662m/s (afterburner)
    1653m/s (mwd)
    signature - 56m
    tanks 64dps - 70/51/62/54 - 931 armor - 4455ehp

or possibly single prop w/ TD

[Thrasher, Dual prop]
    Centii C-Type Small Armor Repairer
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

1MN Afterburner II
    Tracking Disruptor II, Tracking Speed Disruption Script
    Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

Small Diminishing Power System Drain I

Small Anti-Kinetic Pump II
    Small Anti-Explosive Pump II
    Small Nanobot Accelerator I

same numbers but now you can slow those 220s down a bit more.

ill try a few types of fits on sisi but i dont see it being practical.

No, it's entirely possible:

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=16722294

Granted he didn't have a neut or a web, but he was fast, even after I scrammed him. If an MWD Thrasher can do that, I'm hoping an AB fitted one will get under 220's even while webbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Siva Surya View Post
    No, it's entirely possible:

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=16722294

Granted he didn't have a neut or a web, but he was fast, even after I scrammed him. If an MWD Thrasher can do that, I'm hoping an AB fitted one will get under 220's even while webbed.
    Wow. Nice kill, I'm intrigued.

OK SO
    I tested on sisi. my AB/TD fit vs a rupture w/ 220s,1 medium neut, scram, web, warriors, and the rupty was armor tanked w/ 800 and repper.

first of all, the armor rupture w/ mwd is twice as fast as the thrasher 1200+ vs 600+ so you'd have to land on top of the rupty, or the rupty would want to take the fight.
    during the approach the 220s hit you decent, I orbited at 500 and the 220s were barely scratching the thrasher. i set default orbit to 750m and found i got a lot better speed at that range and kept under the guns, orbiting 1000m opens you up a little too much and you start getting hit.
    then i webbed the thrasher
    started taking a little more damage, so i TD'd the rupture and brought the orbit back into 500m
    damage came to almost nothing.
    the drones however, will tear your thrasher a new asshole. as always, it is critical to take out the drones otherwise the fight will go to the rupty 10/10 times.
    once the drones were out of the picture i did some maneuvering in the rupty to try and lower the transversal of the thrasher to no avail. even webbed, 220s cant hit the thrasher worth a damn, especially while TD'd
    I only had 1 medium neut on my rupty, so I started to neut out the thrasher and of course I used the NOS on the rupty. It keeps you very very low in cap, but its enough to keep the point on the target indefinitely, and enough to keep the TD/AB on for the most part and an occasional rep if you need it. but eventually the rupty gets to the point where it needs to conserve its own cap thus making it pretty futile.

one thing i noticed is the 200s took quite a while to start killing the warriors.. i would almost consider switching to 150s or at least carrying uranium ammo for tracking bonus.. those drones hurt fast, its absolutely critical to take them down.
    also, surprisingly the thrasher chewed up the rupture pretty fast, i didn't expect the damage to be that good.

I would say the AB/TD thrasher would beat the mwd/plate/220 rupture 7/10 times. Its just very critical to get on top of the target asap and take out the drones.
    Last edited by Kyle Semones; July 20 2012 at 05:35:58 PM. Reason: SiSi testing complete!

one my friend today lost a SFI against a thrasher... he was quickly crashed before also the 2 reppers may cycle... (standard dual prop, dual rep SFI)... the fit of this thrasher was:

[Thrasher, Fittings.]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
    Medium Ancillary Shield Booster
    Warp Scrambler II

150mm Light AutoCannon II
    E5 Prototype Energy Vampire

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
    Empty

He said he tracked him with his dual 180mm... and he was able to tank drones+guns... he is only 13.000.000 SP (young but not new to pvp) but wanted to understand if he sleeped or really this fit is good or not... for me is really strange that this thrasher may survive to the SFI... but dunno

with the dual prop SFI being (slightly) faster in AB mode than the AB thrasher, i don't see how 85shd/s were able to keep up with ~270dps [no tracking issues at all] - can't be that hard to fly a straight line -.-

although the thrasher deals more dps, calculating it against reps, the SFI is still (a wee bit) on top.
    and even if it were the other way 'round..... there's still the fact the SFI has 4x the eHP

dunno what the vampire would be for either... read: not sure it actually does anything as there's little chance your cap is actually (relatively) lower than his vOv

neut would obv be more effective vs dual reps - alas it doesnt really change the picture with the SFI not blowing any on weapons or hardeners or anything 'big'

My favorite arty thrasher fitting:

[Thrasher, dpss]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Internal Force Field Array I

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
    Faint Warp Disruptor I
    Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

[empty high slot]

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

And some poeple can pull of quite awesome stuff with 10mn arty ones:

[Thrasher, quakes]
    F85 Peripheral Damage System I
    Counterbalanced Weapon Mounts I

J5 Prototype Warp Disruptor I
    X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
    Experimental 10MN Afterburner I

250mm Light 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet EMP S
    Salvager I

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

(im not a very big fan of the fit tho)

[Thrasher, quakes in better]
    Damage Control II
    Gyrostabilizer II

Warp Disruptor II
    X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
    Experimental 10MN Afterburner I

[empty high slot]

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

(no salvager, tech2 point, tech2 gyro tech2 dcu, altho you could probably make enough isk to lose hundereds of these if you are a good pilot and would have some luck salvaging)

Linked/pimped stuff in spoiler.
      Spoiler:

Also cause they are cool as hell, yet way to pricey to be flown regularly:

[Thrasher, ssb]
    Damage Control II
    Gyrostabilizer II

Upgraded 1MN Microwarpdrive I
    Pithi B-Type Small Shield Booster
    Warp Scrambler II

Corpii A-Type Small Nosferatu

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
    Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

(fully force multiplied this tanks 432dps, 502 if you get a a-type)

for more tank but way worse cap:

[Thrasher, mediumbooster]
    Gyrostabilizer II

Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
    'Delineative' Warp Scrambler

or

[Thrasher, mediumbooster]
    Gyrostabilizer II

Gistum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
    'Delineative' Warp Scrambler

(i wish i had enough isk that i could fly the a type medium one + hg crystals (+loki/tengu) on a regular basis)
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; January 22 2013 at 03:07:22 PM.

Those pimp fits look a little thin on buffer how much do they have?
    Ban 13's

2.2k ehp in shields (if you were to use tengu links 3.6k).