hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 230 of 246 FirstFirst ... 130180220227228229230231232233240 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 4907

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Did the patch break Niko? My sulphite gains have gone down the drain :S

e: nvm, got a 3 Niko map again, was just bad luck. They did buff the sulphite limit massively tho, so now i can save up and start a long delve session when i hit 17k :>
    Love this new change, now I can do more than 5 delves at a time.
    But now I have a Niko shortage, struggling to fill up my sulphite stock.

Speaking of... i skipped Delve league, but it seems like fossile crafting is pretty cool for shaper/elder items. Whats the best way to find fossils? Im at around 115 depth atm and hardly find any on the nodes themselves, but i dont know where to risk looking into the darkness (and Mind over Matter has already fucked me twice when i tried to get back on track, maybe i should take a phasing flask?).

Speaking of... i skipped Delve league, but it seems like fossile crafting is pretty cool for shaper/elder items. Whats the best way to find fossils? Im at around 115 depth atm and hardly find any on the nodes themselves, but i dont know where to risk looking into the darkness (and Mind over Matter has already fucked me twice when i tried to get back on track, maybe i should take a phasing flask?).
    You need to delve into the darkness and look for the breakable ice walls. High darkness resist+regen is a must (I had a good time with Slayer overleech). Basically look for the walls, drop dynamite on them, and loot the stuff behind them. Sometimes there will be fossils.

There are charts around showing what fossils drop in what biomes.

And yeah, Fossil crafting is pretty great. Lots of control over what mods you'll get, with excluding on the table.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    You need to delve into the darkness and look for the breakable ice walls. High darkness resist+regen is a must (I had a good time with Slayer overleech). Basically look for the walls, drop dynamite on them, and loot the stuff behind them. Sometimes there will be fossils.

There are charts around showing what fossils drop in what biomes.

And yeah, Fossil crafting is pretty great. Lots of control over what mods you'll get, with excluding on the table.
    I am bad at Delve it seems. wondering if i should just skip it. Seems like you need a character setup as you say with high regen.

Well, i have mediocre regen and leech only through Warlords' and Vaal Pact / 10% leech on amulet. (edit: oh, i forgot about having Illuminated Devotion from Hierophant) At the aforementioned depth, i dont really struggle unless i get stuck on mobs with no mana.

Id recommend sticking with it, i really enjoy the exploration aspect of it.

I am hitting that wall where i cant break into red maps proper because i dont trade / dont really know how to max map returns. Maybe its time for a new char, but christmas break is coming anyways. Maybe ill sink all my jewelers into the Cospris chest i got today, and make a triple curse chaos something. Or i look through my stash if i can get a Loreweave any time soon.

How do summoners work with Delve? Not at all?
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; December 22 2018 at 12:09:06 AM.

Catarina without strong leech or movement is absolute aids. I killed her before, but this time she had leveled to the point where the totem in p3 basically stunlocked me if i missed a dodge. RIP all portals.

I should have just swapped gems before zerging back in, with leech gem i would have whittled her down from offscreen eventually i think.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; December 23 2018 at 12:18:10 AM.

Guess I'll be spending the entire xmas running uberlab for an Arc enchant.

I got this derp from the free mystery box.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

TMA about this delving..how do I reach these locations?
    In the first one, I cleared the whole instance trying to find a way into that other currency changer. But nothing I could blow up.

IIRC for that first one, use the rule-of-(never-just)-two to deduce there's a secret path from the top horizontal nodes, vertically down?
    For the second, it'll likely come from that corner turn visible to the left?

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    TMA about this delving..how do I reach these locations?
    In the first one, I cleared the whole instance trying to find a way into that other currency changer. But nothing I could blow up.

Spoiler:

Nodes can have 1, 3, & 4 links.

Those two circled nodes have '2'. But as you can't have that, they will both connect to the third 'hidden' node. From the circled node, go towards the general direction of the hidden node into the darkness, you'll find a dynamite-able wall to blow up. Then you can select it with the cart and go there.

Got a Bringer of Rain just before i went on vacation, thinking i might make a build around that since its an easy 6 + 1/2 link (unless theres some synergy with Blind that im not aware of). Maybe a Chieftain, since im not a fan of attack builds except for CoC.

The brands char made it to 92 (softcore), its almost *too* easy except for reflect. Wonder if Ele brands would work, theres a lot of damage in the Hierophant nodes...
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; December 27 2018 at 07:24:08 PM.

So, another Diablo/ARPG/... refugee here. I heard that this game is the shit now. I played it (50 hours) back in 2013 so I'm aware of how things roughly look and work.

I need some help choosing which build to pick/target: Back then I played with an elemental zeal (idk?) templar which was doing some aoe explody thing on melee hit. Was neat, but I'm looking into trying something new. I haven't played rouge-like classes in a while, but maybe they aren't noob friendly or appropriate if I cannot necessarily secure optimal gear.

What do?
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Look up "League Starter Builds". They are often designed around very cheap / easy to get gear. Avoid anything that talks about Exalts

There is a huge amount of depth to the game so you will end up with a bunch of trash chars. Don't worry to much about that and just enjoy exploring the 10 acts.

Is blade flurry still good ?
    Last edited by Itiken; December 29 2018 at 03:24:44 PM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Msg me ingame and I'll invite you to guild.

I recommend to just pick something and play till you hit the wall.
    Then look up a starter build.

Depends if you're fine when you know you'll hit a wall in low content unless you use a guide/starter build to help you explore the rest of the content.

EE makes great guides.
    Mathil make glass cannons work via skill and screws the market because of it.
    ZiggyD is oldschool with beta & media insider access.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Depends if you're fine when you know you'll hit a wall in low content unless you use a guide/starter build to help you explore the rest of the content.

EE makes great guides.
    True, but in POE failure is unavoidable, and a pretty good teacher.

Does suck when you just die and don't know why.

A general advice is that spells are easier to start out with than attacks because those are a bit harder to gear for, totems and traps are top tier because you dont need to stand in place and attack / cast, and cant get oneshot by reflect damage. Life > ES until you have a way to farm endgame gear.

Elementalist, Slayer, Chieftain or Hierophant are good classes to pick up first.

e: I know its probably a really stupid idea, but its the middle of the league so im thinking of what retarded builds i can do with my SSF gear. Ive got a Shadowstitch with +2 aoe +2 curses, a Kitava's Thirst, and an Apep's Bite (and/or Voidbringer). How does triple curse occultist autocast desecrate, volatile dead, cremation sound? :>
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; December 31 2018 at 10:46:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post

EE makes great guides.
    True, but in POE failure is unavoidable, and a pretty good teacher.

Does suck when you just die and don't know why.
    Im tired of my hardcore delves dying to random glitches.

Just died with lvl 51 hierophant. Runs into darkness to blow wall, 50% hp i drop flares, 2 sec later i die in the light....

Why level with delve tho, its always riskier unless you just run laps with the cart.

Im kinda tempted to try and fossil craft some shaper stuff, but not sure how i can increase my fossil yield (and sulphite also sucks, now that im at 230). Might also blow all my SSF currency on trying to craft a Warlords mark ring, but i dont even have multimod yet since Feral Lord doesnt want to spawn... so even if i hit it its not going to be great.