hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 237 of 250 FirstFirst ... 137187227234235236237238239240247 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 4993

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    Yeah Scorching Ray only does DOT, it doesn't do any sort of 'hit.'

I tried Bane, it's ridiculous, clears OK with the same defensive witch (no DOT/chaos nodes). Rerolled as a Trickster to do Bane+Toxic Rain and it's crazy good. Bane kills everything but bosses basically, even ghosts are just 1 cast and they drop, and it has enough AOE that you can just wave it in the general direction of mobs. Better clear & bossing than the channeling witch so far (just starting a5).

Ive switched over to Winter Orb CWC Ice Spear now, its okay. Charging Winter Orb is still annoying, but it kills anything below bosses with only GMP and Infused atm.

Playing as a Divine Ire Totem Hierophant. Finally got into Ascendancy and now I have 3 totems. I'm using a Wave of Conviction Totem with Phys to Lightning to give a Lightning res debuff which really sets Divine Ire up. With One WoC totem and 2 DI totems everything gets deleted and none of my gear is particularly good. Can't wait to get some sockets.

Puryfying flame shows promise. Seems slightly broken but we see how i manages to die :P Gonna go hierophant, hit 3500 dps when killing piety (2 hit her) Admittedly that is with the 8sec buff Elemental overload.

Running a (FOTM?) Vortex/Cold Snap Occultist as a league starter is pretty fun so far. Never really made progress with either a Witch or this Ascendancy so having done Cruel lab and being super tanky with a one-stop run in and blow stuff up build is neat. My gear is not great, but can already just run into a pack and nuke them before the ES even starts to notice.

Not sure how it'll scale endgame, but shouldn't be too bad IMO. The forums say it's fine, and being able to drop big whirlpools of damage then dodge attacks feels sensible.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Being a lifelong bowfag I'm trying Barrage/Scourge arrow/Herald of Agony poisony type Ranger. Seems to be working so far - only lvl 50 currently.

Half the time I have NFI what im doing even with guides and watching Mathi streams.

It's super fun though. Would not pay money for a decent game again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Half the time I have NFI what im doing even with guides and watching Mathi streams.
    Don't worry. updates seem to come out so fast that even with nearly 2k hours i'm pretty clueless

The joys of league start, i have a t3 corruption before ive even started mapping, and nothing to put in there. I think im not going to touch temple until i have a chance to make another Shadowstitch, that would be ace to have again.

Also may have neglected defenses too much, but still have a chance to work that out.

I only just noticed some wanker stole 30% of my resists. No wonder things were spanking me.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; March 12 2019 at 08:08:33 AM.

I only just noticed some wanker stole 30% of my resists. No wonder things were spanking me.
    Yeah it does that.

General progression when levelling for me goes:
    Act1-5: Wear whatever drops with the right sockets / links.
    Start of Act 6: Spend a few Alcs on jewelry with resists/defense & botos with 20%+ movespeed
    + a new weapon.

This bump should last you until Act10, then post act 10 you lose another 30% resists.
    It's usually a few C to get balanced after act 10 at most, though down to a few Alc in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Yeah it does that.

General progression when levelling for me goes:
    Act1-5: Wear whatever drops with the right sockets / links.
    Start of Act 6: Spend a few Alcs on jewelry with resists/defense & botos with 20%+ movespeed
    + a new weapon.

This bump should last you until Act10, then post act 10 you lose another 30% resists.
    It's usually a few C to get balanced after act 10 at most, though down to a few Alc in a week or so.
    Spoiler alert...

This is the build i'm using btw Kraken: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2290313

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Running a (FOTM?) Vortex/Cold Snap Occultist as a league starter is pretty fun so far. Never really made progress with either a Witch or this Ascendancy so having done Cruel lab and being super tanky with a one-stop run in and blow stuff up build is neat. My gear is not great, but can already just run into a pack and nuke them before the ES even starts to notice.

Not sure how it'll scale endgame, but shouldn't be too bad IMO. The forums say it's fine, and being able to drop big whirlpools of damage then dodge attacks feels sensible.
    Bane plays very similar, but with no cooldowns. It's dumb. In the best kind of way.

I got a Carcass Jack drop so using that now. My Bane AOE is huge. P sure I'm hitting the # of mobs affected limit at times, and I'm not rolling for much pack size yet (only up to t3-t4 maps).

League mechanic is very cool but clumsy.

Also Synthesis Crafting has been cracked: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...fic_synthesis/
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Yeah i am totally ignoring the league atm too. Saw some redditposts about it but it look stupid and the drops are too rare. Pulling a shitload fo currency out of incursions while waiting to prime delves for danger money.
    Swapped to CI tonight at 5.3k ES. seems pretty smooth so far with what i have.
    Clearing Alc'd T6 maps with a 4l Vortex and 4l Cold Snap so can't really complain.
    Main target for the next few days is working on my map pool.

Speaking of mechanics, i didnt really minmax syndicate last league. Just always went for +rank and remove rivalry. But i saw some guy on stream essentially having max rivalries.

Now that encounters are rarer, what is the right way to go about it? I guess Jorgin Fortification, It That Fled to Research, Cameria to Intervention, Hillock to Transportation and then just interrogate everything else?

Just finished story leveling, was pretty faceroll with a 4link Storm Brand. My next plan is get to 80, do merc lab, hopefully be able to do Atziri a couple of times, then try to corrupt a Shadowstitch.

GMP Winter Orb, CWC Ice Lance is beastly boss damage without any support. I wonder how hard it takes off with slower proj gloves, i am running out of sockets atm with two 4-5 link offense setups and a CWDT Vaal BV curse on hit.

edit: Lol at the synthesis crafting. How is anyone with basic stash space ever going to do that?
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 12 2019 at 11:47:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Speaking of mechanics, i didnt really minmax syndicate last league. Just always went for +rank and remove rivalry. But i saw some guy on stream essentially having max rivalries.

Now that encounters are rarer, what is the right way to go about it? I guess Jorgin Fortification, It That Fled to Research, Cameria to Intervention, Hillock to Transportation and then just interrogate everything else?
    Rivalries give more options to Execute for the rank up, either because it blocks other options, or makes more people show up to the encounters.

I don't think the priority has changed much. Notably put Janus in Research to help with the 5000 Perandus coin challenge. So something like:

Transport - Korrell
    Fortification - Hillock, Jorgin
    Research - It, Vorici, maybe Aislinn
    Intervention - Cameria, Tora, Gravicius, Haku, Rin, basically everyone else

put Leo in Research if you're ranking him up to 3 reliably to use/sell Slams, otherwise put him in Fort or Transport for currency
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Tbh all i want is Aspect of Spider from Jorgin, and maybe even some loot from Mastermind. SSF and all that..

Then just check out a chart and target whatever would be useful - probably what I listed minus It (breachstone upgrade is only good if you have a rbeachstone obvi) and consider moving the interventions around (especially Cameria who can give harbinger orbs somewhere else, though Sulphite is always A+)
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Corrupted this in temple
      Spoiler:

Bane Meta imo. Weak colours & rolls though :s
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Just finished story leveling, was pretty faceroll with a 4link Storm Brand. My next plan is get to 80, do merc lab, hopefully be able to do Atziri a couple of times, then try to corrupt a Shadowstitch.
    Hit me up if you need LAB help.

Am 3/6 for Uberlab which feels far quicker than normal. Hopefully be at 4 or 5 by the weekend, camp 820 and get it done for that sweet final ascendancy.

Im good, but thanks

At 3/6 myself, but not looking to rush it. Making do with what drops is fun, normally i dont think anyone would be excited about getting Malachais EE ring, but im making it work atm with flame golem.

The only thing that worries me is that i am still using the only 5 link that has dropped so far, which was around lvl 55 iirc :S
    Really banking on that Shadowstitch, or even a +2 Tabula wouldnt hurt right now.