hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 236 of 239 FirstFirst ... 136186226233234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 4774

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Notable mechanics changes/additions:
    Improved many cases of damage mitigation being applied before an incoming hit was registered, which could cause a character that would otherwise take reduced damage (or no damage at all) to take more damage than expected. In other words, when a monster attacks and you use Immortal Call after attack is used but before it lands, you will now correctly mitigate this damage. This was previously not the case.
    (Granite) Flasks fixed, finally?!

Bosses which previously had 60% or 80% less effect of curses on them now have 33% or 66% less effect of curses on them respectively. This includes map bosses, Incursion architects, Betrayal targets, Breachlords, Shaper, Elder and others.
    Infused Channelling (old Storm Barrier...)
    grants reduced Damage taken from hits while Channelling, of types matching the supported skill gem's tags. Still also reduces Physical Damage taken from hits while Channelling.
    grants Infusion after channelling for a duration. Infusion grants more Damage of types matching the supported skill gem's tags.
    causes supported skills to deal more damage based on the gem's level.
    Fork Support
    Now causes supported skills to deal 10% less damage at gem level 1 (from 30%), up to 9% more damage at gem level 20 (from 11% less).
    Onslaught Support
    Now grants supported skills a 10% chance on Hitting a Unique Enemy to grant Onslaught for 3 Seconds.
    Added a new Intelligence Skill Gem - Bane: Applies a debuff which deals Chaos damage over time, as well as any linked curses, to enemies in an area. The debuff deals more damage over time and lasts longer for each curse Bane applies.
    Added a new Intelligence Skill Gem - Zealotry: Casts an aura that causes you and your allies to deal more spell damage and grants increased critical strike chance with spells. You and your allies may also create Consecrated Ground when you hit strong enemies.
    Added a new Intelligence/Dexterity Skill Gem - Malevolence: Casts an aura that grants increased skill duration to you and your allies, and causes you and your allies to deal more damage over time.
    Added a new Intelligence Support Gem - Energy Leech Support: Supported skills leech a portion of the damage they deal on hit back as Energy Shield. Supported skills also deal more damage while you are leeching Energy Shield and while you are on Full Energy Shield.
    Added a new Intelligence Support Gem - Intensify Support: Supported skills have less Area of Effect but deal more Area damage per Intensity. Supported skills gain Intensity when used, and lose Intensity while moving or upon teleporting.
    Added a new Intelligence Support Gem - Unleash Support: Supported spells gain seals over time, and are unsealed when cast, causing their effects to reoccur for each seal lost.
    Heart of Flame, Heart of Ice and Heart of Thunder each now grant 0.2% of their respective element's Damage leeched as Energy Shield
    Unlike all the other new 'leeched as ES' passives, this isn't tied to spell damage...

Explosive Impact - The north small passive before the notable now also causes Fire Spells to have 10% of Physical Damage converted to Fire Damage.
    Interesting to combo with things like the new Divine Ire & Wave of Conviction...
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; March 6 2019 at 08:35:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Message Understood:
    Oh HI ES. Welcome Back.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

I might league start with this, what yall think?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2286942

IIRC ZiggyD had a strong & friendly vortex build success recently, I'd check you like the gameplay he shows & explains.
    Going ES still isn't the easiest thing if you're a newer player, and it'll be more popular than in quite some time, so collecting a decent gear set to swap to CI could be unfun, while you're a hybrid build/hording passive points.
    Don't over-commit to specific link placement/gear affixes (builds won't be optimised without people getting fresh meta experience), and train a few viable alternative main skill gems if you decide cold DoT isn't for you.
    P.S. have a plan to farm ES gear/fossils, or recognise you won't enjoy the way such things are efficient to do.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; March 6 2019 at 06:07:00 PM.

I know i will be going hybrid for a very long time.

Personally not a fan of Vortex because it has no oomph, but its certainly better than i give it credit for.

Winter Orb didnt really get touched much, may even be buffed with the new supports. I am considering going WO Ele first instead, to farm up some gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    IIRC ZiggyD had a strong & friendly vortex build success recently, I'd check you like the gameplay he shows & explains.
    Going ES still isn't the easiest thing if you're a newer player, and it'll be more popular than in quite some time, so collecting a decent gear set to swap to CI could be unfun, while you're a hybrid build/hording passive points.
    Don't over-commit to specific link placement/gear affixes (builds won't be optimised without people getting fresh meta experience), and train a few viable alternative main skill gems if you decide cold DoT isn't for you.
    P.S. have a plan to farm ES gear/fossils, or recognise you won't enjoy the way such things are efficient to do.
    I figure I can do a league starter easy mode, winter orb and skill into vortex later, whatever seems easiest to start doing mapping. I can always then respec.
    I've never done a vortex char and i've always fancied it.
    I've seen as you've said- ZIggyD and i think even chubbyIrishDanishNoLifer youtuber guy do it
    Last edited by Kraken; March 7 2019 at 12:54:03 AM.

Classic ggg fun police back at it

Gems are posted:

Infused Channeling looks legit, with 49% more damage + some token defense
    Energy Leech gem is really dumb, granting More damage while leeching/full in addition to the leech.. so long life leech, was nice knowing ya

Bane looks useable, with every curse linked granting 47% more damage to a 1k dps base. The 2 sec duration looks weak, but you can get 80% curse duration from Hex Master and 30% from other small passives (before it and the +1 curse notable) for 110% increased duration, plus you would probably be using Temp Chains as one of your curses to further extend.... tldr bunch of extra damages if you use it to stack a bunch of curses. I wonder if Increased Effect of Curses will boost it's damage? And it also frees up your Blasphemy mana reservations for Malevolance, Aspect, etc....

I don't understand Soul Rend. Does it apply the DOT every 0.4 seconds (if so, how long does it last?), or does the DOT linger for 0.4 seconds after the projectile/small area passes?
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Energy leech gets nerfed before live 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    Bane ... I wonder if Increased Effect of Curses will boost it's damage?
    I don't understand Soul Rend. Does it apply the DOT every 0.4 seconds (if so, how long does it last?), or does the DOT linger for 0.4 seconds after the projectile/small area passes?
    Bane is a Curse Skill but not a Curse. GGG have said they're not happy with this wording confusion.
    Soul Rend checks every 0.1s for targets around it to debuff. Each target can have their single debuff refreshed every 0.2s. The debuff lasts for the 0.4s.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Energy leech gets nerfed before live 100%
    It better be.

Only 25k people in the queue ahead of me....

Who what cretin pushed a big warframe update at the same time
    Last edited by Itiken; March 8 2019 at 06:31:53 PM.

Lucky you, im at 47k and climbing. At least the hotfix seems to have worked.

Bet $5 I can get crashed out before you get online !

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Bet $5 I can get crashed out before you get online !
    Surprisingly no crashes here !

Storm Burst is a pretty beastly boss killer, at least during leveling. Infused Channeling - Storm Burst + Storm Brand + Lightning Spire might even be a good endgame choice.

edit: Hmmm. Would Winter Orb - CwC - GMP - Frost Bolt work with Vortex? Lets find out :P
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 10 2019 at 01:29:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Storm Burst is a pretty beastly boss killer, at least during leveling. Infused Channeling - Storm Burst + Storm Brand + Lightning Spire might even be a good endgame choice.
    Yeah I've been running Storm Burst + Infused Channeling + juggling some other shit in 3/4 link (think I have Ele Focus and Phys-to-Lightning atm). It's been very decent through early game, though slow to clear packs/screens. That's with little investment in damage though (initial witch node + Ele Overload), most of my tree is in survival.

I'm wondering about CWC possibilities, namely Spark, Arc or the new Wave of Conviction. Wave has the highest base damage and applies resist debuff so it's probably the best of the 3. Something to try when I get the CWC gem.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

I am using Storm Burst - CWC - Infused - Arc atm, but still leveling in cruel. Its pretty good.

Was thinking of swapping to Incinerate - CWC - Flame Surge for bossing later, and Winter Orb - GMP - Slower Proj - Inc Duration - Cold to Fire to clear the map up to there. Scorching Ray would be another option but it cant crit afaik?

Yeah Scorching Ray only does DOT, it doesn't do any sort of 'hit.'

I tried Bane, it's ridiculous, clears OK with the same defensive witch (no DOT/chaos nodes). Rerolled as a Trickster to do Bane+Toxic Rain and it's crazy good. Bane kills everything but bosses basically, even ghosts are just 1 cast and they drop, and it has enough AOE that you can just wave it in the general direction of mobs. Better clear & bossing than the channeling witch so far (just starting a5).
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

FYI fossil crafting of fractured items is bugged & disabled atm, GGG looking to fix it soon.