hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 235 of 241 FirstFirst ... 135185225232233234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 4812

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

  1. #4681

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,650
    Good people, i need your help. I am here:


    From what i've read, i need to spread elder influence anti-clockwise by killing the shaper's guardians, to get the uber-elder fight to spawn, then kill them all again to access the fight.

    1. is this true, of can I simply waltz anti-clockwize, murder them all, then drop the fragments and get the Uber Duo killed for 50c ?
    2. will i have to continue map-elder/shaping along the way and pick up the odd maps in between, or can i simply skip to Minotaur, then Phoenix then Hydra.
    3. got any T16 maps spare ?
    4. bonus question: Do i need to keep the elder area small until all 4 guardians are corrupted, to prevent a premature spawning ?

    tia
    Last edited by Itiken; February 20 2019 at 08:37:09 PM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  2. #4682
    Mortvvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Good people, i need your help. I am here:


    From what i've read, i need to spread elder influence anti-clockwise by killing the shaper's guardians, to get the uber-elder fight to spawn, then kill them all again to access the fight.

    1. is this true, of can I simply waltz anti-clockwize, murder them all, then drop the fragments and get the Uber Duo killed for 50c ?
    2. will i have to continue map-elder/shaping along the way and pick up the odd maps in between, or can i simply skip to Minotaur, then Phoenix then Hydra.
    3. got any T16 maps spare ?
    4. bonus question: Do i need to keep the elder area small until all 4 guardians are corrupted, to prevent a premature spawning ?

    tia
    kill hydra or mino, then phoenix
    then kill them all again or rather the elder guardians on them
    then do uber elder
    if elder spawns prematurely, spread influence to all guardians and they will switch over

  3. #4683

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,650
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Itiken; February 20 2019 at 09:54:22 PM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  4. #4684

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,983
    Moderately hyped for new league coming up. Mechanics are supposedly Delve-like, which could be a lot of fun. I just hope its not as resource-restricted as Delve.

    For league starter im considering making an Occultist with the new chaos skill(s). Target-seeking projectile with small aoe + Occultist explosion should be decent clear.

    Cant wait for patchnotes.

  5. #4685
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,883
    I wonder how big the spell rebalance is.

  6. #4686
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,547
    First time playing this. Downloaded yesterday. So.. this new patch will bascially make my current character pointless (other than for just working out how this game works) I guess(?)

    Any tips for the new league for a clueless nublet?

  7. #4687
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    First time playing this. Downloaded yesterday. So.. this new patch will bascially make my current character pointless (other than for just working out how this game works) I guess(?)

    Any tips for the new league for a clueless nublet?
    There is standard league. Everything ends up in standard. At the end of a season/league, the stuff you got there ends up in standard, your stash tabs, your character.
    many play standard and thats fine.
    People who want to play the new league mechanics, that may or may not make it into the 'standard' game, start fresh in those leagues.

    Basically I can afford whatever i want in standard, i have legacy uniques, culmination of all of my currencies over many years, incredibly valuable items. But that takes out challenge though if i can just buy my way to a end game character.

    Starting a new league leaves 'aspriational goals' to build from nothing to something by playing and getting currency, trading items for a bit here and there.
    But there isnt anything wrong with starting a standard character then making a new league char. there are many builds, your first will be terrible.

    edit in the new league you can still have a few chars, some go with league starter builds, then make a char that needs specific gear to work for end game
    Last edited by Kraken; March 3 2019 at 07:48:55 PM.

  8. #4688
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    First time playing this. Downloaded yesterday. So.. this new patch will bascially make my current character pointless (other than for just working out how this game works) I guess(?)

    Any tips for the new league for a clueless nublet?
    There is standard league. Everything ends up in standard. At the end of a season/league, the stuff you got there ends up in standard, your stash tabs, your character.
    many play standard and thats fine.
    People who want to play the new league mechanics, that may or may not make it into the 'standard' game, start fresh in those leagues.

    Basically I can afford whatever i want in standard, i have legacy uniques, culmination of all of my currencies over many years, incredibly valuable items. But that takes out challenge though if i can just buy my way to a end game character.

    Starting a new league leaves 'aspriational goals' to build from nothing to something by playing and getting currency, trading items for a bit here and there.
    But there isnt anything wrong with starting a standard character then making a new league char. there are many builds, your first will be terrible.

    edit in the new league you can still have a few chars, some go with league starter builds, then make a char that needs specific gear to work for end game
    Coolio. Thx.

  9. #4689

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    First time playing this. Downloaded yesterday. So.. this new patch will bascially make my current character pointless (other than for just working out how this game works) I guess(?)

    Any tips for the new league for a clueless nublet?

    If you are really really fresh then:

    - use a loot filter (google for Neversink Loot Filter, its usually updated very quickly for new leagues)
    - look up a league starter build guide if you are unsure, making builds that dont work is really easy. Spells scale better with weak gear, traps even better, but all that is up for changes since they announced the spell rebalance
    - if you think you are having fun, wait for a stash tab discount (comes around every 3 weeks afaik) and buy a currency tab and a map tab at the very least. Having aweseome loot and nowhere to put it sucks.

    Most of us are in a guild, dunno who can invite if you want to hang out.

    edit: also, get used to the difference between "more", "increased" and "added". If you have X increased, Y more and Z added damage then the end result is (base + base * X + Z * X) * Y (iirc).

    That means "more" and "added" are generally much more preferred to "increased", which is a bit of a noob trap. If you want to make absolutely sure, then there are external tools like https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 4 2019 at 12:39:56 AM.

  10. #4690
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,883
    I'm the only "active" member that can invite.

    I'll be online today in POE if you want to invite you.
    Just send me a friends request, ign: VARRAKK

  11. #4691
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,547
    Cheers for the help chaps.

  12. #4692
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Cheers for the help chaps.
    Chat in chat, spam away (as i do) ask questions!
    More importantly, take your time to enjoy the dialog, story!
    You are not as railroaded into cutscenes in this game, so if you click or hit escape, its gone. You can watch again but you are not 5mins watching something locked in place, you can click it away.
    I'd recommend taking in the lore, within the game it spans what would be assumed to be hundreds if not thousands of years, with many changes in the current civilisations, all with thier own unique ethos, items, style.

    It's more complex than, Diablo is a baddie, u gotz to kill his stonez, sometimes the goodies are baddiez who set out as goodies but got turned baddies! shockz

    Also, hope you enjoy cannibals! This game has a bit of a fetish...

    The Currency tab and premium tabs are great, but see how you go first.
    You can get a one off 'new starter tab' or something that might be worth while. its the same price as something but you get a bonus something. You'd have to check what these somethings are, i cant remember.
    From next weekend ill be NoLifing the game again, this time going Arc mines or something to cheese then maybe going ??? low Life crit. Winter Orb? Or do I just start with Winter Orb and convert later?

    Halp?!

  13. #4693

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,983
    I am waiting for patch notes to make a decision, but i think Storm Brand will remain a strong leveling skill and you can always transition later.

    Arc Trap/Mine is a bit too... minmax for my taste. If anything deserves a nerf, that is it. If its just for leveling then you can probably get to maps with Explosive Trap only.

  14. #4694

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,650
    I looked at a bunch of variants of the Brand skills and they all seem to suffer from 2 of the 3 big issues (to me!)

    1. Single Target DPS
    2. Movement speed
    3. Life pool.

    EG assassin has oooooodles of DPS to murder bosses, but the movement is not that great, and the life pool is awful
    I'm just not good enough for it. Though was probably pushing too high maps on too low a level.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  15. #4695

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,983
    Dev manifesto: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2333233

    Patch notes tomorrow.

    RIP Brands/Winter Orb, i hardly knew ye. Also nerfed: Arc, BV.

    Slayer overleech nerf.

    And:

    Critical Strike Chance
    Previously, an effect that could critically hit was capped at 5% minimum critical chance, and 95% maximum critical chance. We've set both of these caps to 0% and 100%.
    RIP Controlled Destruction? At least on EO.

    Guess they really want me to start with a chaos caster.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 4 2019 at 10:42:54 PM.

  16. #4696
    Brockosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21, 2013
    Posts
    627
    Nerfs to Arc, Brands, WO, BV are all called for.

    Slayer though.. ouch. RIP.

    I'm torn between going Occultist Whispering Ice, Occultist Vortex, something with Debeon's Dirge (probably Lightning Strike Raider or Consecrated Path something), or a Trickster (either SR+RF or TR). So many choices
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

  17. #4697
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,883
    Everyone's gonna play a ES super tanked occultist in the new league.

  18. #4698

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,983
    Patchnotes up, RIP a lot of stuff that i dont use in SSF anyways (dw Poets Pen for example).

    Flame Totem reworked, now creates Consecrated Ground. Probably a very good leveling skill?
    Everyones crying over Arc nerf. 50% less jump range. I think its still viable, just not the screen clearing monster it was.
    Armageddon Brand still pretty unuseable imo, they even reduced the activation frequency further :S
    BV flat damage nerf, otherwise seems unchanged. Probably still good.
    Bladefall damage buff... Bladefall mines new Saboteur? EK also buffed, will probably be a good clearspeed skill with the jewel.

    Fork now has a 9% more dmg mod at lvl20. I think im going to aim for Soul Rend - Fork - Arcane Surge - Conc Effect + X, just to see if it works.

    Lab enchants now are separate from implicits. I really dont like grinding them, but tis a good change i guess. Especially for Summoners.

    Sulphite Scarab nerf, just... why.

    Too much to take in all at once. No Occultist nerfs yet that i can see, so yeah... gonna be one of those.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 6 2019 at 12:40:27 AM.

  19. #4699
    Brockosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21, 2013
    Posts
    627
    huuuuuuuuuuuge tripple-buff to ice trap. That might be a great starter.

      Spoiler:
    Ice Trap
    Circles now have a 20-25% larger radius.
    Now deals 88 to 133 Cold damage at gem level 1 (from 67 to 101) and 898 to 1347 Cold damage at gem level 20 (from 579 to 869).
    Now has an added damage effectiveness of 150% (from 90%).


    Edit: RIP easy weapon crafts
    You can no longer craft multiple mods which affect an item's quality on the same item. Each will preclude the others.
    Last edited by Brockosaurus; March 6 2019 at 01:34:21 AM.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

  20. #4700
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,883
    I got really triggered by Life Leech vs Energy Leech.

    LL got +10% Increased dmg
    EL got 20% MOAR dmg

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •