hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 204 of 210 FirstFirst ... 104154194201202203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 4190

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Yeah, take that currency you don't have and invest it. I mean, have you tried just not being poor?
    You do find currency leveling and mapping you know

ok not totally full....
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Or be like me and dont trade. I only migrated from SSF so i could occasionally group up with you guys and put stuff in the guild stash.

If i wanted to play path of trader, id sit in Jita 4-4.

On my first Spider Forest, like 20seconds into the map

Is molten strike+ancestral call not OP in high end? It is wrecking low end content up to ~60. 2x wildfyres are the caveat. seems like a great boss killer.

...Mathil's latest vid is titled "Molten Strike + Whatever The Hell You Want = A Build", so take a guess if it carries to endgame or not.

Meanwhile, Lightning Strike still catches on pebbles afaik.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

I started with molten strike then went afk for 3 days so i guess for the first time ever in poe i stumbled upon something decent. let it rain lava!

In Harbinger I vendor'd a belly of the beast.
    I wonder how I am going to fuck up this time !

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Chaos recipe is a waste of your time just pickup chaos on your way all may make more for less effort
    I think that is a really stupid sentiment. Picking up something and dumping it in a tab when your done with the map.

Most people play some, then take a micro pause, reading news and what nots.
    This is a perfect moment to sort through loot.
    Your better off flipping currency or pricing a few of those items as a use of your time
    or you know, dont be an autistic min-maxer and enjoy the Game

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    In Harbinger I vendor'd a belly of the beast.
    I wonder how I am going to fuck up this time !
    I bought a 90 life 80 res corrupted 6 link for 10c so at least your not that guy.

Im almost at my 5th jewel socket with the trapper, but i feel like the abyss eyes can roll melee stats way better than spells :S

Gonna have to try to roll some decent trap damage jewels maybe, but then i lose the flat life from all the eyes... after that im getting some crit dmg and after 84 i guess im only filling out life nodes.

Tree looks roughly like this iirc, but tbh i went in without a master plan this time. I will probably give Slower Proj Ball Lightning traps a go instead of Lightning Trap, once ive got a better chest and some levels on the gems.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; December 16 2017 at 01:24:22 PM.

Got two liches today

Both dropped gloves

(Standard h8rs pls skip)

Abyss
      Spoiler:

Standard
      Spoiler:

Sold 2 of them underpricing poe.trade significantly, with unironical trade chat spam - easiest 10ex I've made ever
    Did quite a lot of alt-regal spamming of ilvl 82 Searching Eye Jewels i rip'd over from AHC for my own build, dumped any decent 3-mod for 1ex b/o, all (5 or 6) sold p. fast
    20/20 Mirage Archer = 74c each, sold one so far - waiting for a build guide to come out l0l
    Rip'd over a Darkness Enthroned from AHC, figured i'm better off with a rare Stygian Vise for now - sold for 2ex
    Put 3k or so alterations into alt-regaling a Stygian Vise until i've finally hit t2 life/t2 fire/t2 lightning. Mastercrafted WED for like 10% tooltip upgrade over my t1 WED leather belt.
    Hitting t2+ life/t2+ WED/t2+ Lightning and mastercrafting fire res (master roll on fire is enough to cap my resists) would be better, but man is alt-spamming belts a pain.

Fun fact: in league this belt is worth i guess maybe 5c tops

Next big project is going to be crafting a +1.5% attack base crit chest myself.

Gotta <3 Standard
    Last edited by n0th; December 18 2017 at 09:45:07 AM.

Just don't do anything that can be deemed perma->temp league trading, and I think you're fine to do this ASC->AHC -->SC 'trading', as I did with HOWA in Breach and only got a little bit of rules-lawyering about.

I dont do any cross-league trading though.
    What i did is roll on AHC for the first weekend of the league to actually have a look at Abyss, and got enough currency to grab a high-ilvl Stygian Vise and a bunch of Searching Eye jewel bases to rip and craft in Standard.
    The 2 Impresence i got just by playing on Standard normally.
    p. sure thats perfectly ok.

Screenshots are to demonstrate that Standard economy at league start has its own flavor and you can easily take advantage of that.

Another example are guardian maps being cheap AF right now (massive influx of remove-only HSC tabs), even with all the relisting going on.
    I've bought a bunch of Chimeras off one flipper for 10c each, ran them until i got bored and moved on to try Elder/Guardians, listed fragments for 12c, fragments sell just fine.
    Last edited by n0th; December 18 2017 at 11:45:55 AM.

Can anyone TMA the punishment curse.
    Internet says "nah it's shit m8" but POB and a build i'm arguing about says it's 150k dps on my current setup.

You curse a mob
    Cursed mob then has to hit you to apply Punisher buff for 4 seconds
    With Punisher buff active you get more % melee phys and increased %AS

So when it matters (boss dps) its completely useless

When it doesnt matter (clearing packs) it maybe sometimes gives you a damage boost at best comparable to another curse (but worse)

So yeah, its pretty shit m8.
    Last edited by n0th; December 18 2017 at 03:05:17 PM.

Punishment requires you to want to be hit by & be able to tank the melee hits of things, and that you do physical-derived melee dps that benefits from increased attack speed.
    It could be great for your build, it could also be terrible vs high tier bosses in rare/vaal'd maps.
    Given that most melee builds can only apply one curse, typically Vulnerability is better, or Enfeeble/Temp Chains, or any elemental curse if you're doing conversion. Or just a Mark, such as Warlord's Mark or Assassin's.

I'm rusty, but Punishment might be good for a summoner, to scale melee minions.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; December 18 2017 at 03:01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Punishment requires you to want to be hit by & be able to tank the melee hits of things, and that you do physical-derived melee dps that benefits from increased attack speed.
    So in a CWDT setup (i'm lazy) i need to get hit once to apply the curse, then hit again to activate it, then hit them?

So it's another example of something which looks great in POB but is actually terrible in practice. Excellent news.
    I'll stick with Vulnerability.

thanks.