hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 256 of 258 FirstFirst ... 156206246253254255256257258 LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 5153

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Assassin Elusive from Mistwalker has to expire. It's a little underwhelming since it's only 50% on crit (unless you have super high crit chance+# of hits)

For leech IDK. ES leech is a thing, as are ED and Soul Rend like you mention. I think only Heirophant and Elementalist get true life leech
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Meh, the first maps after respec were underwhelming anyways. I might stay assassin and go Pestilent Strike again, but at this point its probably bricked.

Finally killed Sirus (was messy but only 1 death, early on). Made a useable item:
      Spoiler:

Now gonna have to fit that in. Change my Ass Mark ring out, craft a proper Delve Helmet, etc. Maybe put in Kaom's Roots (I made some Elusive-on-crit boots but they're v underwhelming)
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Respecced the Assassin to Pestilent Strike / Viper Strike for bossing. 2k overleech, but i really really miss being at range. So many lag deaths today.

Considering rushing an Impale Shattering Steel Champion before i have to leave (ive got some pretty nice swords and a chest for it, as well as some enchanted helmets to craft on). Stupid question about the "Adrenaline on reaching low life" node, could i in theory, pop an aura with Blood Magic to nuke myself low for a second and get the 20 sec buff?
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 17 2020 at 09:49:06 PM.

That was a common way to trigger it, iirc Mathil did several builds with that involved, but also iirc there was a better way to trigger & sustain it in the past year. There shouldn't be too many Champ vids of his recently for you to have to trawl through if I'm right. Maybe it was equipping a unique or using a flask.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; February 17 2020 at 10:25:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Coruscating Elixir would work, but going down to 1hp is scary and it doesnt do anything else since Champion wouldnt ES tank. Ill take a look around, thanks

So after 15 or so Awakener 8 runs with shitall drops i got both the Saviour and woke Spell Echo yesterday (std)

easy 45ex, feels RNG man

Saviour is pretty dumb tbh, expecting GGG to swing the nerf bat here

Got 70ish ex now to further minmax my glad guy, but sort of running out of ideas

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...ezh/characters

Realistic upgrades i see:

throw 20+ex at bottled faith to get like maybe 12% dps increase with flask up (meh)

craft better offhand sword (this one is like 370pdps) for a minor dps increase (meh)

craft an actually insane stygian vise with t1 life/%life and strength or phys pen or melee damage (hard)

Any other ideas? Preferably to further min-max tankyness, guy has like 1.5m shaper dps without flasks which is more than enough. And map clear is dogshit in any case, at least compared to actual zoomer characters. Also no plans to level past 97 currently

My vuln ring can theoretically be better, but my resists are tight AF so its probably impossible.
    My lethal pride is %melee crit - %chance for double-damage - fortify effect - %life regen, doubt i can really upgrade here.
    Double-line watcher's eyes are insanely expensive for what is basically another minor-ish dps upgrade

I'm obv. waiting with catalysts until Metamorph gets merged into std, they are currently retard levels of expensive (as always with current-league items in std) - should hit 8k hp then
    Last edited by n0th; February 18 2020 at 08:59:30 AM.

Tailwind /+max endurance charges on boots, if you want to burn all your currency (the ones you have already look super op)? Gloves look improveable.
    Are you actually using Aspect of Crab? Hard to believe the mana fits.

I would look at gloves. Warlord and Elder have chance to block suffix, since you transfer attack block to spell block that is probably the biggest defense upgrade i can think of (unless you are near the block cap).

Warlord also has culling suffix, which frees you up to move Fortify to Leap Slam and socket MORE DEEPS into Bladestorm, but if you are already meh about Bottled Faith then its probably not relevant to you.

Tbh that is at a level of optimizing i never get to anyways, so ymmv.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 18 2020 at 05:58:27 PM.

I did grab an insane elder chest for 45ex so there is that

casual 8k hp

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

I would look at gloves. Warlord and Elder have chance to block suffix, since you transfer attack block to spell block that is probably the biggest defense upgrade i can think of (unless you are near the block cap).
    Thats actually a legit crafting project. I need a decent int roll somewhere, because of enlighten 4, and also conc effect is very nice dps/QoL upgrade over rage support

if i can craft nice gloves with a +5% block roll i could ditch one of 370 pdps swords for an OP weapon and still have 69% block before any glad ascendancy shenanigans being active

And yeah i use aspect of the crab. I had a self-crafted marble amulet with % fortify effect (horror essence craft iirc) and multimod, but then i got my hands on Pride Aul's Uprising, enabling aspect of the crab + herald of purity
    Last edited by n0th; February 18 2020 at 09:16:07 PM.

Hm, which helmet enchant would be best for Shattering Steel Champion, ive got a couple to choose from:

40% Dread Banner effect; i already cap impale chance, but effectiveness and the -accuracy would be a boost that is hard to quantify. I also dont need to craft on the helmet since it already has high life and chaos resist.
    +1 projectile; boring, and its a small boost considering the total number of projectile i am going to end up with (10 or 12 i think).
    Fortify on close range hit; i dont take perma fortify from ascendancy because i feel like theres better options, this might be a legit QOL boost but not an overall numbers boost since i can get it from somewhere else (and dont get the other stats from the gem).

e: also thinking about weapons... options are Scaeva, Beltimber, Grelwood, a pretty nice phys /phys as extra chaos / crit / critmulti rare (no attack speed tho). Or something i havent thought of yet, but i dont generally trade.

I dont think i could justify squeezing in crit, but if i did it would probably be Scaeva mainhand (1b 2g) + Grelwood offhand. That ends me up at 24ish crit before rings/neck, doesnt really sound worth it.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 19 2020 at 10:39:25 PM.

I'm up to 34/36, so well within sight with this late push going. need another 180 map bosses plus 1 of:
    bestiary boss
    3 more sirus conditional defeats
    chayula+Uber

I'll probably try a couple more Sirus runs to see if I can get those. Last one (3rd kill) on A4 was deathless. If I can't get that, an my Einhar missions/scarabs don't give me a beast, then I'll just have to leave SSF and buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I dont think i could justify squeezing in crit, but if i did it would probably be Scaeva mainhand (1b 2g) + Grelwood offhand. That ends me up at 24ish crit before rings/neck, doesnt really sound worth it.
    Champion is p good at crit tho, with Taunted Enemies always being hit. Start crafting up some Foils

Or try Terminus Est maybe? It's low-key good with the free frenzy charges (and you should be able to pick up 2 more on the tree)
    Last edited by Brockosaurus; February 21 2020 at 03:53:39 AM.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Map bosses is easy. Just run maps with multiple bosses.
    Alt spam maps for twinned and it won't take long when you can do 6 at a time.

Chayula is easy, just buy the frags or stone.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

He is SSFBTW

Is 36/40 reward even any good?

I'm completely immune to the challenge bullshit

I did did make a shitton of currency (comparatively) last time i played temp league - in Delve SC selling Aul spawns

Aul challenge run was like 4ex

I'd be the mine host, a carry with damage-immune build would do all the work, and we'd split 50/50, so 8ex per run

was good times

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Yeah the maps will take another couple days grinding, not worried (I have lots of atziri sets and Crystal Ore maps, some Courtyard too). Don't have many Alts left from trying to craft foils.

And the beast or chayula would be easy, yes, it's just rare to be getting them in SSF, so prolly gonna have to merge out of the league.

Reward is a neat lookin green portal, plus I've come this close!
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Yeah the maps will take another couple days grinding, not worried (I have lots of atziri sets and Crystal Ore maps, some Courtyard too). Don't have many Alts left from trying to craft foils.

And the beast or chayula would be easy, yes, it's just rare to be getting them in SSF, so prolly gonna have to merge out of the league.

Reward is a neat lookin green portal, plus I've come this close!

Iceberg, Racecourse, Arena & Precinct are all 3+ boss maps.
    Nothing wrong with leaving SSF just for a quick end to finish the 36 challenges. Just burning yourself out.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post

Champion is p good at crit tho, with Taunted Enemies always being hit. Start crafting up some Foils

Or try Terminus Est maybe? It's low-key good with the free frenzy charges (and you should be able to pick up 2 more on the tree)
    Its the choice of skill thats the issue, along with mediocre SSF gear. Shattering steel doesnt have melee tag, so i cant take melee crit nodes. That leaves dualwield and sword crit clusters, mostly.

Also not sure that accuracy will be an issue either way. I wasnt planning on taking the taunt nodes.

I will probably try going crit after all, with a foil or Scaeva + Grelwood, and Ass Mark. Will have to wait and see. The real assbiter is that i havent had a Hemophilia drop, so clearspeed will probably be poop.

Trying to just make builds myself this league.

Gladiator 1H Smite was first, not shit, but not good.

Heavy Strike Chieftain. Not bad, but again, not good enough to invest into.

Now trying an Ice Crash Elementalist. Because fuck it, why not. When did they kill the attack speed of this skill? 2H animation is loooong.

Curious lack of Exalt drops though. First two builds, nothing after getting to mid/high 80s. Nothing leveling the Elementalist through 50.

Usually get at least one drop by now. Also the Heavy Strike Chieftain blew through a ton of Fusings just trying to get a 5L on a 6-socket rare chest. Bad luck league.

The little I played, morphs showered me with currency.

Dear lord Shattering Steel clearspeed is abysmal. It doesnt die, fine, and single-target is also acceptable if you can get the shotgunning to work, but why oh why doesnt the range scale with projectile speed?

Lets make a melee weapon skill that doesnt scale off melee tags, and lets force you into hugging range anyways. That sounds like a good idea.

I dont even need the impale nodes from Champion, could easily respec to Glad for the bleedsplosion, that might save the build. Not enough respec orbs tho, and its my last few days anyways.

Guess most melee builds just arent for me, since i cant rely on getting Hemophilia / Impulsa / explosion on rare chest. Next league im going back to spells, maybe ill give Inquisitor a whirl.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 23 2020 at 02:08:02 AM.