hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 158208248255256257258
Results 5,141 to 5,158 of 5158

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Ok, fuck leveling practice.

I was going to follow tytykillers very good melee guide (3:42 or so to act 10 with all skillpoints etc.) but trying to go fast-ish and being bad infuriates me too much. Not fun.

Also i rip'd in act 3

Spending 15h finishing act 10 in HC isnt that bad if i only have to do it once

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

I'm actually excited about this league, not a huge fan of the new mapping system. I find it garbage.

I wish we could see all the Jewel mods for skill three so I could plan a build now.
    Spellslinger got me intrigued.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Yeah looking like a p cool league. Sadly I'll miss the start - gf's birthday this weekend and we're going on a little trip.

Prolly gonna run a Storm Brand Templar to start, as it can level well and eventually be reworked into something juicier (FB/Ice Nova, or Storm Call, or Magma Orb, or w/e).

I'm kinda bummed Essence isn't on the zana mods list, the high end essences are fun to craft with :s
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

can anyone suggest/link an easy to play build that can go into end game, that doenst require all the exalts?

Cyclone something?

Apparently chaos based trickster is one nice option

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGkAeNxQcTw

I'm gonna do generic bladestorm glad, but my goal is basically get to maps on HC and thats it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi7KmW_tcGU

Im back right on time and will probably have some time to waste while being overly cautious with Corona and having travelled. So i'll stick to my plan of DI Inquis on SSF softcore for now.

Absolutely no idea about the new possible build paths, so i'll brick the first char anyways.

The last char i played was a self-made Chaos Trickster, can confirm it is super comfortable since 50+ % of your dps is ED which you can leech with while having all the time in the world to dodge mechanics. Has low barrier to entry but the top end could have been much pricier than what i ended up with, so a nice project to work on incrementally.
    One thing i will say is that while it has a lot of buffer i was missing mitigation (fortify + armour), so ill try to make do without Phase Acro next time.

e: Watching Nugy play mana Hierophant with new supports... looks interesting, might try that instead? Seems a bit too fotm tho.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 15 2020 at 07:03:28 PM.

Rolled on HC, was going slow and steady and doing fine, until i decided to check out a delirium mirror in act 6 (overleveled by like 5 levels, capped res etc.)

But also sold a 795% facebreakers, which easily set me up with cluster jewel bases in Standard.
    Even sold a couple for 5ex each, toog tiems.

reddit exploding with (warranted) buttmad over grey on grey on grey, on-death effects and backtracking
    Last edited by n0th; March 16 2020 at 10:31:06 AM.

First week of new league is shit (unless you insist on playing a trading simulator rather than an ARPG), same as it ever was.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

First week of the league is shit
    Second week of the league is when "done with the league" and "league is dead" posts start appearing on reddit
    When do you get to actually play

For me its one more league where there is no reason not to chill in Standard.

Cluster jewel bases are already sort of available, and i predict will be couple dozen c each max in a couple days (which is cheap af for std).
    From what i can see so far they are relatively easy to alt/chaos spam.

Metamorph is new content

Only thing i'm really missing out on is the simulacrum fight v0v
    Last edited by n0th; March 16 2020 at 11:21:18 AM.

Well, not playing on standard gives me another shot at atlas progression done right, for one.

Performance seems to have taken another hit tho, maybe they can hotfix something before i hit endgame.

e: In celebration of being sent home from work i am considering making a meme build instead. Something along the lines of Summon Skeletons + Carrion Golems + Dark Pact (Spellslinger?) maybe :P
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 16 2020 at 12:13:27 PM.

Performance is really hurting.

Archmage is really OP. Levelling as Storm Brand Heiro. Gonna start trying FB/Ice Nova which I've been levelling in offhand and maybe switch to it, with Inquis for free resistance penetration on the Nova+Archmage.

Arcane Cloak is nice to trigger Arcane Surge, too. %of mana cost is p high and lets you trigger a high level Surge.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

So today I learned that you can bypass Spellslinger cooldown of Cold Snap. Not sure about the best way to go about it.

Power Siphon - Barrage is up to 30-ish procs per second, if i get lucky with crits, but makes me idle at 1 or 0 power charges.

Frenzy - Barrage has probably around 20 without any variance, but the base damage of Frenzy seems shit in comparison. Keeps me at 5 power charges tho.

At some point I will probably move both my Spellslingers to a single 5link on the chest, and just use Power Siphon to clear and Frenzy to boss. Seems like the most reasonable choice. Although I was planning on trying to Essence of Horror craft a helmet for the free more ele damage on a 4-link.

Not sure, but its fun to know that theres lots of build potential.

e: Hm, Frenzy is pretty shit since its so reliant on the weapon on its own. I might double up on power charge on crit Ball Lightning instead, to maximize proc rate with Power Siphon.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; April 5 2020 at 03:18:48 AM.

Still playing, still trying to make spellslinger work. I got retardedly lucky and had a Shavs + Eye of Chayhula + Blessing of Chayhula drop. Considering if its worth going low life once i manage to sixlink it.

Not sure, im guessing i would be better off rerolling to low life archmage storm brand if it comes to that.

Do low life shavs chars usually get Wicked Ward? Ive never had the gear to try it out...

This lockdown is good for my POE addiction - running my 3rd char up to 90 now, well trying to - LL Stormbrand is pretty hilarious damage as we know - not sure if I'll ever get enough Ex for the Clarity Watchers Eye, but dumped all my cash from grinding maps with Cold-snap cyclone Assassin and running lab with a facebreaker totem build into it has got me most of the required gear though not up to the standard forms demand...

Now to delve to 90!
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Im still trying to fix my first char, although its relative since ive cleared everything except Shaper / Elder with Spellslinger (and prodigous portal zerging).
    You doing Archmage Storm Brand? Id love to know if theres a break point where the support is actually worth using.

If i reroll (might) ill probably do Empty Palm for the memes. Ive got a Belly of the Beast which might work with it, not sure what other gear to look for.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; May 1 2020 at 10:08:59 PM.

Yeah, Archmage Storm Brand.
    Brands are costing nearly 2k mana now, and, well, the damage is ridiculous.
    Seems i drunk-delved to 87 last night and started pushing towards a cluster jewel.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Just did Simulacrum 20 deathless with a cobbled-together Empty Palm - Impale - Whirlwind - Ascendant. Thats probably me done with the league, i would have to re-level to Champion to push the char further, or get very lucky with item upgrades (i suck at crafting apparently). The only thing Ascendant gives me is perma frenzy charges + perma onslaught, not bad but not worth losing all the Impale boni i think.

I really hope it doesnt get nerfed, its the most fun ive had on a melee char so far (second best was Pestilent Strike HoAg).
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; May 16 2020 at 02:59:04 AM.