hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228235236237238
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 4760

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

hah i know your pain there. 76 and still using a 4l chest atm. even 'OK Ish' 5l's are 35c at the moment which is money i just don't have.
    Yet.
    Need to spend more time clearing maps and less browsing poe.trade i think That and head over to those sweet "increased ES from shield" nodes.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Wanted to see what all the hype with ES is so rolled a caustic arrow occultist after watching some videos. Seems fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    hah i know your pain there. 76 and still using a 4l chest atm. even 'OK Ish' 5l's are 35c at the moment which is money i just don't have.
    Yet.
    Need to spend more time clearing maps and less browsing poe.trade i think That and head over to those sweet "increased ES from shield" nodes.
    If you're just looking for a simple tank chest maybe you can get a better deal by buying a 5L white chest and a life essence, then crafting a bit of res on it.

Look for corrupted chests with the color combo you need.
    I find these to be pretty cheap all the time, even as 6L

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Yet.
    If you're just looking for a simple tank chest maybe you can get a better deal by buying a 5L white chest and a life essence, then crafting a bit of res on it.
    ES Esence, but yes That's my plan for this evening. It's how i got my killah gloves.

TMA leveling a Chaos build (shadow).

I had planned to level with Contagion, spread some aids on the ground and move on.
    But it feels very weak, just can't get it to kill fast enough.
    Is it a good leveling skills and I'm just doing it wrong?

Blight feels much better to me (infused channeling + void manipulation).

IIRC it's not until 50-60 it really starts chain-murdering entire levels unless you are super twinked. Blight & that totem that carries you but i hated the mecahnic so never really got a ED/C/B char going.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    TMA leveling a Chaos build (shadow).

I had planned to level with Contagion, spread some aids on the ground and move on.
    But it feels very weak, just can't get it to kill fast enough.
    Is it a good leveling skills and I'm just doing it wrong?

Blight feels much better to me (infused channeling + void manipulation).
    gmp soulrend

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ night!
    Tab, orb of annul, 2 Exalts in about an hour.
    Burn an Exalt on a "cast socketed dodah when you use a skill" wand to double dps with a EE/EO respec and then dance into the moonlight buying nice ES gear. FOTM suddenly affordable.(*)

**: not HOWA affordable, but can maybe upgrade this lvl40 neck to one with ES this year
    Last edited by Itiken; March 14 2019 at 09:54:48 PM.

Heh, got a Tabula as well.

I really wish you could store more memory map pieces. I am constantly switching around between maps/delve/synthesis to not waste any resources, but makes unlocking Atlas reeeealy slow.

e: Hm, went to main skill WO from Brand now that i have Tabula. WO - Infused - GMP - CWC - Ice Spear has some pretty nice synergy. Just still need to throw out a brand occasionally for power charges (and linked Onslaught because why the fuck not) :S

No more source of frenzies tho.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 15 2019 at 01:59:11 AM.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've totally ignored Synthesis in favour of Maps and Delving. The sheer amount of currency delving throws at you, along with basic map progression has punted the confusion of Synthesis down the line.

Need to set up a load i think and just burn through them. When I have time.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've totally ignored Synthesis in favour of Maps and Delving. The sheer amount of currency delving throws at you, along with basic map progression has punted the confusion of Synthesis down the line.

Need to set up a load i think and just burn through them. When I have time.
    the little memories seem ok, but my memory paths are full at a really shitty 8, at least the worst fragments should be replaced by new better ones you run, but they dont.
    I dont want to run a little trip to get them used up, it really breaks up play.

What should i blow this next ex on:
    - loads of chaos and some 'above average' jewelery to get me through to 90
    - a 1ex shield
    - save it for a 6l chest
    - hookers and blackjack

- hookers and bramblejack
    Ftfy

Trying to come up with more CWC combos. Divine Ire - CWC - Glacial Cascade - Phys to Lightning seems like it might work.

Not like i need it, still facerolling. But i want to have some plan for red/elder.

Ran Esh last night and got HoTM and a Blessing, looks like i'm doing a HOWA next.
    Any thoughts on builds? BladeFlurry inquis seems a little dull.

This vortex build though christ, it absolutely murdered Esh. Never seen the fight before and it didn't even break a sweat. Just dodge the nasty looking things and run about dropping vortices.
    Last edited by Itiken; March 18 2019 at 11:41:51 AM.

Losing steam on this. I get to around lvl 60 and start to get bored with what is essentially doing the same stuff repeatedly, just spamming the same couple of skills.

How do you lot maintain your apparently limitless appetite for screen wiping NPCS over and over ad nauseam?

Cant even play dress up barbie with my char as all the MTX stuff is OMGLOLHOWMUCH?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Losing steam on this. I get to around lvl 60 and start to get bored with what is essentially doing the same stuff repeatedly, just spamming the same couple of skills.

How do you lot maintain your apparently limitless appetite for screen wiping NPCS over and over ad nauseam?

Cant even play dress up barbie with my char as all the MTX stuff is OMGLOLHOWMUCH?
    Most builds only start taking off around level 80 and having the 3rd/4th ascendancy. With level 60 you're still in story content, which can get a bit dull. After finishing that it's time for mapping and other assorted endgame content, which will increase difficulty considerably. Be advised though, this game basically consists of taking 1-2 skills and building your entire character around spamming these as fast as possible, that's just the way it is.
    I like making number go up and min-maxing stuff, so I have no issues with what you described, but it might not be the same for everyone.
    You can get free MTX through completing challenges in leagues.

There is a fair bit of QOL that improves with experience in the game but at the end of the day the mission is to move from pack to pack as quickly as possible, destroy them as efficiently as possible then move onto the next one.

*first* chars, even if you are following a guide religiously won't give you anywhere near the output of a more experienced player, you will move slower, use worse flasks, have worse damage and level less quickly than another player with 200+ more hours into the game.

It's possible to make your character tab public, so someone else can take a poke around and tell you where to spend a little money (usually a few alcs) to get the best results. +30% movespeed boots with resists, a few movespeed jewels/nodes on the tree if you can fit them, and keeping your primary weapon & main skill well levelled and supported will go a long way towards keeping you happy.

Some skills too just don't gel with some people. There's tons of cool stuff out there, i've tried a load of it and the number of chars i park in the mid 70's because the playstyle sucks my will to live is pretty high. think i managed to park 4 last league alone, much to everyone's hilarity. Most ppl are surprised as this is the longest i've gone without making a flickerstrike character for like *EVER*.

So yeah. post about or try something else. You got an Exalt yesterday right ? break it down into chaoses and get a Tabula Rasa if you plan to start a new cahracter and ue that to powerlevel along with Goldrim and Wanderlust shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Mostly heavy drinking. And trying to be a bit better than last time.
    Last edited by Itiken; March 18 2019 at 03:50:43 PM.

I didnt follow a build guide this time, so ive ended up with some unholy abomination of an elementalist, but it kind of works.

There are a couple of goals to reach in the game, other than "how fast can i move between packs": Finish your Atlas, kill Guardians, kill red Elder, kill Uber Elder / Atziri. And then the league specific goals, like Mastermind / Pale Court / Chayhula. Those will give you some uniques that can be build-enabling, so once youve done those you can start over and optimize for a different skill.

Then theres crafting goals, for example i want to fossil craft ilvl 80+ (iirc) Shaper gloves with faster casting and slower proj. That will take a while, if i even manage at all. I also got a Soul Mantle very early on, so if i can 5-6 link it (and maybe get a good corruption) i will make a Divine Ire totem build for the lulz.

Crafting gets kinda pooped on by trading, which is why i prefer SSF.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 18 2019 at 04:49:10 PM.