hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 234 of 250 FirstFirst ... 134184224231232233234235236237244 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 4999

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Because getting good ES gear was hard, and then nerfed harder. But now crafting is batshit.
    Yeah, the latest crafted item on Reddit is just broken on every level.
      Spoiler:

Sure crafting is very expensive and takes heaps of time.
    But you can still get/make items at a reasonable time/price that mocks highend loot.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Because getting good ES gear was hard, and then nerfed harder. But now crafting is batshit.
    Yeah, the latest crafted item on Reddit is just broken on every level.
      Spoiler:

Sure crafting is very expensive and takes heaps of time.
    But you can still get/make items at a reasonable time/price that mocks highend loot.
    Lmao at first glance I was like "that's a nice chest".
    And then I noticed.

I was having trouble yesterday staying alive. An amulet dropped with 0.4% Lightning leech. Problem solved!

I have these Hemophilia gloves that cause mobs to blow up they die when bleeding. I was thinking about a pure physical Ranger with a bow spamming split shot. Have any advice?

I have one of these in my stash:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Perseverance
    and am 2/3 the way through levelling a Phys/Cold Reave Champion with perma fortify.

I am pondering using this for Perma-Onslaught as well as there isn't really any required items for my build except maybe the Shaper Boots though i'm wondering if sinking 2 slots into special gear will cause gearing issues.

*pondering*

fakedit: with QotF/ThreeStep boots it's SuperZoomFast with stacktons of evasion and not too hard to cap resists, though may need either a shaper helm or gemswap for bossing.
    Last edited by Itiken; February 12 2019 at 02:20:31 PM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

It's a garbage belt, it's not worth running Determination for armour, and otherwise you're having to have odd affixes on flasks to keep eva & armour balanced across differing durations & charge usage. Without flasks and auras, your global defence stats aren't good, and the belt's doing nothing. Also Cleave's auto-fortify->onslaught isn't worth it, or wasn't last time I looked into this piece of garbage, but now maybe you can do nuts rare weapons and bonkers flat added damage that's also converted/gained as extra multiple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Fair enough thanks.

My latest foolish character is a Reave Champion, so i've perma-fortify from the asendencies so figured it could be worth a look, then Three-step boots are doubling Evasion giving a nice flat 100% pre-flask QotF move speed with decent murderspeeed.

Though looking harder, a scion/champ/raider would probably be faster and more killy.

Content: Is there a breakdown anywhere of which "supported by level X spell Y" are attached to which elder/shaped item type ? having a hell of a time trying to find useful ones .
    Last edited by Itiken; February 12 2019 at 07:40:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Fair enough thanks.

My latest foolish character is a Reave Champion, so i've perma-fortify from the asendencies so figured it could be worth a look, then Three-step boots are doubling Evasion giving a nice flat 100% pre-flask QotF move speed with decent murderspeeed.

Though looking harder, a scion/champ/raider would probably be faster and more killy.

Content: Is there a breakdown anywhere of which "supported by level X spell Y" are attached to which elder/shaped item type ? having a hell of a time trying to find useful ones .
    http://poedb.tw/us/index.php has all affixes and can even simulate crafting items, but seems to be down atm
    http://poeaffix.net/ is an alternative that just lists all affixes per item, but was a bit out of date regarding betrayal mods last i saw

Thanks.

Next up: i'm pondering "how much DPS do you really need".

A Scion build i'm fiddling with - maybe for this league maybe for the next one has around 600k Reave dps/1mil BF DPS, dual-wielding 350pdps claws without super-stellar gear and a ton of optimization. It's not in "delete uber-elder" territory, but is around the same final output that my current Molten/Flicker Scion has but with base +100% movespeed with only a pair of shoes on, and near perma Fort+Onslaught from Champion and Raider Ascendancies, for super fast and controllable clearspeed with (vaal) Reave rather then Flicker.

re-bump. I'm trying again to make Storm Brand 'work' endgame for clearing maps fast enough to not get annoyed and swap back to Flicker, and be able to play nicely with others, which flicker really doesn't.
    Got a Pathfinder to low 30's before i remembered Pathfinders playstyle isn't for me, and QoTF with 5B/1G or 6B is fuckoff expensive, so now trying to make a MOM Trickster Storm Brander work.

Any bright ideas about uniques? Got a 1.5% Lightning damage leeched as mana with Wrath Watchers Eye, and a decent 6l Carcass Jack, and Wrath in a Essence worm which should be enough to get a lot of work done. Possibly Darkray Vetors for movespeed buffs as we should have 6-7 frenzy charges 'almost' constantly from the trickster passive. POB shows a shitload of DPS too. Hopefully it'll work as I love the concept of Brand / Brand Recall, but couldnt' get out of low maps with the Heirophant. Too slow man !

I stopped playing my Hierophant nocrit Storm Brand char, but it was really really faceroll. The only thing it couldnt do was ele reflect, so i think the overall best Storm Brand is Elementalist - Crit - Mind over Matter - Life. Just pick up most brand tagged nodes on the tree, two crit clusters, and fill the rest with defense.

For uniques i was using Shadowstitch and https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Devouring_Diadem for free Eldritch Battery, the head is really nice to have, the chest can be Carcass Jack / Loreweave or whatever else you like since Shadowstitch with the right colours will be a tough get.

The important part for fast clearing with brands is brand attachment range, which you can get a little from mastercrafts. Movement speed will always be slower than e.g. a Raider, but a 20/20 reduced duration Lightning Warp is enough imo.

e: manually upgrading Brand Recall to q20 and putting it into a +1/2 slot is also highly adviseable.

Due to colour restrictions i also used the lightning to cold ring https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ca...he_Brotherhood + Ice Bite + Hypothermia. Was a nice source of frenzy charges, although you need to get creative vs bosses.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 18 2019 at 05:40:07 PM.

Intersting stuff thanks.

The head also lets you forego mana leech since the feast basically instantly refills your ES every 5s as long as you keep killing. I can really recommend it. And with the reduction bonus you can run Wrath + Herald of ice curse on hit Assasins Mark + Spider aspect elsewhere iirc with 5% mana left unreserved. Or triple herald + Spider.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 18 2019 at 11:15:38 PM.

I think i'm going to have to dial back the raw DPS from shadow and get more life nodes. even with a decent mana pool, 3.5k life + MOM + Eldritch battery isn't going to be enough.

so to bump up again - i'm looking at a max of 4.5k life, a 3k mana pool with MOM as it stands, or move into ES which as much nicer nodes all over the place, but I've never been into ES. I've hears it's back but have no idea how to do it, nor affordable it is.

Is a non-CI ES particularly viable? Guess there is only really one way to find out. Can get to an easy 7k EHP just with what i'm doing right now so hopefully by late 80's either i can figure out ES or just move to a new thing!

Edit : Shit league ends in a week. O.o
    Last edited by Itiken; February 19 2019 at 07:33:50 PM.

New league info is up
      Spoiler:
    https://www.pathofexile.com/synthesis

ZiggyD reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwPAcKgJjJU

Looks p cool, though playing through crumbling memories seems like something that'll be really awesome when it works, and really frustrating when a path you want crumbles away from you
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Well, Storm Brand should be a decent league starter for the next one then :P

In principle non-CI ES is pretty busted due to Pain Attunement... but if you dont have Shavs its tough to make it work. You need to reserve life down to 35% (provided you can match it perfectly), which means with MoM only 35% life * 30% protects you against oneshots from chaos. So e.g. 4k life means you only get 420 ehp from mana in a single hit = 1820 ehp vs chaos before resists. It can work, but you would need to prioritize chaos resistance up to at least 20-40% imo. Without Pain Attunement, im not sure its worth it. The same logic still holds then, so no need to leave more than 30% of your max life unreserved as mana.

Since i was playing SSF i havent ever had the chance to try it, perfect ES gear is just too hard to craft on your own if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    New league info is up
      Spoiler:
    https://www.pathofexile.com/synthesis

ZiggyD reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwPAcKgJjJU

Looks p cool, though playing through crumbling memories seems like something that'll be really awesome when it works, and really frustrating when a path you want crumbles away from you
    With a broken hand. The new league ended way before it even begun

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Well, Storm Brand should be a decent league starter for the next one then :P
    It's not Molten/Flicker though so probably won't starter it. The middle levelling was pretty painful getting from the Shadow area to the +1 brand passive as well which will slow down first-levelling Seems to be going well now but i wonder weather it'd be better to just hit stuff as usual.

Shit dude that sucks. i wondered why you haven't been around.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Shit dude that sucks. i wondered why you haven't been around.
    what did you do to it? Motorbike?