hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 254 of 256 FirstFirst ... 154204244251252253254255256 LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 5116

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

League seems interesting, and ive got a little time to invest. Started a Ranger, thinking of Pathfinder - HoA - Cobra Leash (claws). Viable?

e: Hmmm a couple of interesting poison / claw skills added since ive last played. Nightblade support in particular seems cool. Ill have to do a lot of playing around, but i guess HoA Pathfinder can still carry on its own.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; December 28 2019 at 10:19:56 AM.

Just started on my terrible laptop with everything on low. Enjoying so far.

I went witch and I'm channeling all points into fire atm, what should I actually be doing though...

e: here's my passive tree up to 25 - https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscre...rfsOvk7FXxbA==
    Last edited by NoirAvlaa; December 28 2019 at 07:37:59 PM.

I am really shit at making builds, its a skill that comes more natural the more youve failed and i havent played in a while.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2638475 is a slightly outdated example of a Fire Witch caster, but there are too many possible variants. Use https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases for viewing builds and planning your own.

What i can tell you is: "increased" is additive, which makes it worse than "more" or cast speed, since those are multiplicative. A health buffer is more important than block chance, since slightly higher % chance to block doesnt do anything if the hits that get through oneshot you.
    So your current leveling tree would look something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscre...i86t-K37DsVfFs

But even that is far from what it would really look like. Typically you would spend the first 40 or so levels traveling to areas further away, so your current tree might look something like this https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscre...bVpt-K37Dr7g== but even that is pure speculation since it assumes we are beelining for Divine Judgement, but i dont know if you want to pick up Avatar of Fire / Explosive Impact / Whispers of Doom / Elemental Overload or whatever else.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; December 29 2019 at 09:52:49 AM.

Yeah I might do a restart soon now I have a handle on basic mechanics and follow a build or something

Considering which poison skill to use atm. Viper Strike with multistrike, Growing Agony jewel and +5 attack range sounds like the best single target option. The question then is if the clearspeed is good enough.

Venom Gyre with Whirling Blades in Advancing Fortress offhand could be fun, and seems like the perfect use of the mechanic. Dont know if the single target is acceptable tho, and i would need some drop luck.

Cobra Lash has awesome clear at my current low level, but suuuucks for single target. I might end up doing 4-link HoA in a minion helmet, 4-link Cobra Lash for clear and 5-link Viper Strike for bossing.

Lastly i havent figured out Plague Bearer yet. I cant scale spells or aoe, and only really scale +attack / chaos and +poison / multiplier atm. Seems more like something for chaos casters, like poison BV (if thats a thing).
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; December 29 2019 at 03:56:14 PM.

Gonna do a staff inquisitor because I hate doing well

Not digging the poison char as much as i thought, although its still a long way to endgame. Still, had a Poets Pen drop during leveling. Since im basically SSF that would be a chance to reroll before i get bored.

Would a 4-golem single wield PP Arc Elementalist work? I was thinking, 3.9 aps Barrage - curse on hit - some curse - summon phantasm, 2xflame 1xlightning golem with minion damage, minion speed and elemental army, 1xstone golem with minion life and meat shield, PP Arc - controlled destruction - lightning pen. Skitterbots, Zealotry. Holy Relic and 3 caster Specters with minion damage and feeding frenzy.
    No space for an offering, i guess. Necro would probably be better, but i like ele :>

Sounds like a retarded clusterfuck, but might be funny. Think ill level it once i get my first Tabula.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 2 2020 at 03:21:24 AM.

I did a Flicker. It's a good, DW Crit Flicker waving 2 REBUKE OF THE VAAL around.
    Fuck me it stabs shit right up.

Just about getting to grips with the new atlas wankery as well, but srs:
    Why is ther not a massive fucking "this load of bollox icon shit on the left is bullshit storage dont' put shit in here and expect fuck all to happen" label ?

ARGH

But DW ele crit flicker is GLORIOUS. Tho lab was a bit fucking hairy but got there, and even made 6 trials without 820.
    Maybe this year i'll get a mirror....
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I did a Flicker. It's a good, DW Crit Flicker waving 2 REBUKE OF THE VAAL around.
    Fuck me it stabs shit right up.

Just about getting to grips with the new atlas wankery as well, but srs:
    Why is ther not a massive fucking "this load of bollox icon shit on the left is bullshit storage dont' put shit in here and expect fuck all to happen" label ?

ARGH

But DW ele crit flicker is GLORIOUS. Tho lab was a bit fucking hairy but got there, and even made 6 trials without 820.
    Maybe this year i'll get a mirror....
    7-8k hours played, no mirror.
    Get back in line.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

You have a better chance at your local lottery

well, i'm rich

on standard, but still

sold awakened multistrike for 150ex

da fuck are those prices? Pure speculation ?Or are there actual rarity tiers for woke gems? I mean for example woke melee splash and woke added chaos are worth shitall comparatively

Also fucking lol at half of deadeye + half of assassin ascendancy in a pair of boots
      Spoiler:

Not particularly hard to craft either (obv. noone cares about standard, so had to craft myself)

I spent maybe 500 alts rolling corresponding affixes on two pairs of boots -> use awakener orb -> craft movement speed -> done

No hp or res, but its absolutely good enough for my map zoomer, will buy an actuall legit pair after metamorph rolls into std

Do I need to buy a fuck load of tabs in stash?

Sent from my Potato using my fingers

If you're playing this any serious amount of time (read: get a character through campain and get any significant amount of mapping done), you need:

1. map tab
    2. currency tab
    3. at least one premium tab

Thats the bare minimum to comfortably play without worrying about inventory space all the time.

Obv. the game is 100% playable without spending anything, in fact there is a "no stash tab" mod available for private leagues and people have beaten endgame content using just their inventory.

You also dont start running out of inventory space at least until you hit maps, which is no less than 20-30 hours on the first playthrough, probably more.

I personally have all of the above +5 or so "normal" (not quad) premium tabs from waaay back in the beta days when you got a bundle for 5$
    So thats maybe 30 bucks spent total?

If you play SSF or trade a lot and/or have a lot of characters thats probably at least two quad stash tabs extra (another 30 bucks)

I'd describe PoE monetization model as a buy-to-play with a massive free trial and 100% optional cosmetic microtransactions (best in the industry IMO, and p. close to perfect)
    Last edited by n0th; January 6 2020 at 10:43:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    If you're playing this any serious amount of time (read: get a character through campain and get any significant amount of mapping done), you need:

1. map tab
    2. currency tab
    3. at least one premium tab

Thats the bare minimum to comfortably play without worrying about inventory space all the time.

Obv. the game is 100% playable without spending anything, in fact there is a "no stash tab" mod available for private leagues and people have beaten endgame content using just their inventory.

You also dont start running out of inventory space at least until you hit maps, which is no less than 20-30 hours on the first playthrough, probably more.

I personally have all of the above +5 or so "normal" (not quad) premium tabs from waaay back in the beta days when you got a bundle for 5$
    So thats maybe 30 bucks spent total?

If you play SSF or trade a lot and/or have a lot of characters thats probably at least two quad stash tabs extra (another 30 bucks)

I'd describe PoE monetization model as a buy-to-play with a massive free trial and 100% optional cosmetic microtransactions (best in the industry IMO, and p. close to perfect)
    they do a starter bundle which works out quite well if i remember. a currency tab and some premium tabs and a few other bits. one per account.

edit, you get an extra non-premium tab, a weapon effect and 200 points. these 200 points you can by tab bundles with. i think its more cost efficent way of getting points as a one off than normal, but check it out yourself. its called the first blood pack.
    Last edited by Kraken; January 6 2020 at 05:15:20 PM.

This league is hard. Having a bitch of a time pushing into red maps in SSF. I might have to go for some lame ezmode char like Cyclone Slayer or Summoner at this point, idk, CA is not cutting it and I can't get the ES/Int gear for Whispering Ice.

Also Drox is horrible. Just a punching bag. Not even a real DPS check since you can just out-last him in a 15 min epic snoozefest, occasionally getting enough banners down to put some damage on him. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

been playing a cleave ascendant and its been good fun so far, almost finished campaign again

metamorph is glorious for leveling uniques

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    100% optional cosmetic microtransactions (best in the industry IMO, and p. close to perfect)
    rest of your post is fine but this is a bit extreme

the visuals are mostly frankly terrible and so overpriced for a top down pseudo mmo its borderline disgusting

*especially* for a game that has borderline obligatory spending for the stash where you cant see your character during gameplay half the time anyway :P

although i suppose thats more indicative of the industry being full of shite in the first place
    Last edited by Isyel; January 7 2020 at 04:41:46 AM.

No, i think thats the point. The game is free to try. If you want to play endgame in comfort, you need to spend about-ish full price on stash tabs, maybe a bit less.

The MTX are fully cosmetic, which makes them entirely optional. That is the ideal model for the f2p industry.

One might argue that character slots and private leagues soften the statement, but the quality of the cosmetic MTX doesnt matter, just that its entirely optional but also how they probably finance 2/3rds of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    This league is hard. Having a bitch of a time pushing into red maps in SSF. I might have to go for some lame ezmode char like Cyclone Slayer or Summoner at this point, idk, CA is not cutting it and I can't get the ES/Int gear for Whispering Ice.

Also Drox is horrible. Just a punching bag. Not even a real DPS check since you can just out-last him in a 15 min epic snoozefest, occasionally getting enough banners down to put some damage on him. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Yeah, build requirements have gone up for endgame, which is bad news for me.

I think doing a melee char first was a bad choice on my part. Just too many dodge mechanics that are impossible to see. Ive gotten in the habit of using dash on cd just in case theres something going on i didnt see.

I could probably repurpose the char from Poison Pathfinder Pestilent Strike to Poison Pathfinder Toxic Rain, with about 30 regrets. Might do that if i find the perfect bow (high phys and asp or vicious proj) by chance.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 7 2020 at 08:00:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

the visuals are mostly frankly terrible and so overpriced for a top down pseudo mmo its borderline disgusting
    Oh, absolutely

MTX also do not impact gameplay, except the rare drama in the distant past with EK MTX hitbox supposedly having more AoE and some MTX being less visually taxing (which you could see as gameplay advantage)

What i ment is the monetization model as a whole being best in industry
    Last edited by n0th; January 7 2020 at 10:24:02 AM.

Heh, found a Wasp's Nest, build is taking off after all. Shame that Viper Strike outperforms Pestilent Strike in almost every way tho (except raw clearspeed). Im hoping that the Chaos dmg chest drops before i look at red maps.

Just the defenses are tight :S
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 7 2020 at 11:22:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Heh, found a Wasp's Nest, build is taking off after all. Shame that Viper Strike outperforms Pestilent Strike in almost every way tho (except raw clearspeed). Im hoping that the Chaos dmg chest drops before i look at red maps.

Just the defenses are tight :S
    Use 6 link viper strike for single, and 4 link cobra lash for clear. Works great.