hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124174214221222223224
Results 4,461 to 4,465 of 4465

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

you need a movement skill like leap slam or flame dash to gain distance from his attacks, facetanking kitava is never a good idea

This might be slightly out of date, but you'll need to review something like this if you aren't going to be testing things in softcore yourself before trying to progress a HC char in POE in 2018, there's just too much to know about so much content(/so many one-shots) now.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    This might be slightly out of date, but you'll need to review something like this if you aren't going to be testing things in softcore yourself before trying to progress a HC char in POE in 2018, there's just too much to know about so much content(/so many one-shots) now.
    Thanks nice link.

It was the X-Blast that killed me. i was standing right in front of him so eh spread wasn't large thus i eat two at same time. Also i only had like 20% phys reduction so that didnīt help i guess.

Again, I recall when streamers were going for world first hardcore kills of insert-new-end-boss-here, and they practice in softcore on the same build, learn the fight, and demonstrate that most times you can find ways to reliably avoid damage rather than die to it. Even if it means logging out fast (POE has a 3rd party packet macro for this purpose, to avoid any client hangs, and overall the game is balanced around this rather than e.g. a long-duration logout timer) and using up 1 of 6 portals in non-act content.
    Rarely is damage reduction the reliable way to survive the big telegraphed/boss attacks. Sure you can rejig auras and flasks for certain content, but overall it's better to not get lazy leaning on them (unless maybe to buy you reaction time) & gambling on some facetanking time-saving. Maybe it helped these guys that they got most of their skills when the game was a lot slower paced, and it was less... jarring to viewers to see someone taking their time over bosses, between zerging through maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

I still think the giant bosses with the one shots are possibly the worst thing they've added to the game. It just doesn't mesh well with the rest of the gameplay imo as it all feels entirely too loose for bullet hell level nonsense.