hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88138178185186187188189 LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 3780

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

  1. #3741
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,342
    Now that I have done Act 1-10 and experience the new 3.0, I feel the league is over for me.
    The Harbinger league is so lackluster and unappealing compared to the glorious legacy league we just came from.

    New Uniques and skill gems feel uninspiring.

  2. #3742
    Donor lubica's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    On the shitty side of the Alps
    Posts
    4,494
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    I can't decide what char to make. I played a zerker before 3.0 hit, but playing melee could be very punishing at times. So I want a caster now. Nuclear grade, fire and brimstone, lightning optional. No clue where to start tho, passives, gems, weapon/gear, I'm lost. Help me FHC!
    I can't decide what's actually fun & different to play atm either.

    There's Blade Vortex chars doing ~1mil dps apparently, but that's melee and not fire.
    There's options to do ~200k dps vs bosses on the cheap, and amazing clearspeed with the cheap jewels, but there's awkwardness with leeching spell damage vs bosses that have reduced curse effectiveness.
    In general, I think Scion's underrated atm for elemental spells, as it gets you reflect immunity, near EO keystone, but also pathing in the Ranger/Duelist area for life, projectiles, and perma Frenzies + Onslaught vs bosses when you need charges the most, and while Frenzies still scale spell damage.

    But it doesn't solve the spell leech problem that only a true Berserker can.
    So you're probably better off with something like elemental Spectral Throw/Molten Strike, benefitting from Attack Damage leech being so easy to get. >200k dps with inexpensive gear (just use Ichimonji until you get a better foil) with far better defences & leech.

    There's also a >500k dps Dreamfeather Cleave build possibility, but that's not going to be cheap.
    Scorching ray with cast on channeling firestorm while you have rf on is exactly what you're looking for. And my next char too, I just need to save for Rise of Phoenix.
    good shit, ty both. I decided to make a storm witch as my first char, to get some gear for my next one, which'll probably be what Rufuske suggested.


    Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

  3. #3743
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,395
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post

    good shit, ty both. I decided to make a storm witch as my first char, to get some gear for my next one, which'll probably be what Rufuske suggested.
    Its next to one in the picture lol.

  4. #3744
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Now that I have done Act 1-10 and experience the new 3.0, I feel the league is over for me.
    The Harbinger league is so lackluster and unappealing compared to the glorious legacy league we just came from.

    New Uniques and skill gems feel uninspiring.
    Afaik most "new expansion" leagues are boring so as not to overwhelm new players

    The Harbinger maps seem pretty fun I guess, I'll restart after I clear them, maybe something with flicker strike

  5. #3745
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Now that I have done Act 1-10 and experience the new 3.0, I feel the league is over for me.
    The Harbinger league is so lackluster and unappealing compared to the glorious legacy league we just came from.

    New Uniques and skill gems feel uninspiring.
    Afaik most "new expansion" leagues are boring so as not to overwhelm new players

    The Harbinger maps seem pretty fun I guess, I'll restart after I clear them, maybe something with flicker strike
    Varrakk I dont know what your expectation was. 3.0 lets you get to lvl 70 without feeling like going through the motions.
    after that, its still the same maps. Diablo and friends is still the same end game grind.

    The problem, as ever, is you play these dull melee builds. All the builds in the world and it comes down to sunder or cyclone. There are necro builds, bow builds, spell builds. If you play every league the same they gonna feel the same and boring.

  6. #3746
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Now that I have done Act 1-10 and experience the new 3.0, I feel the league is over for me.
    The Harbinger league is so lackluster and unappealing compared to the glorious legacy league we just came from.

    New Uniques and skill gems feel uninspiring.
    Afaik most "new expansion" leagues are boring so as not to overwhelm new players

    The Harbinger maps seem pretty fun I guess, I'll restart after I clear them, maybe something with flicker strike
    Varrakk I dont know what your expectation was. 3.0 lets you get to lvl 70 without feeling like going through the motions.
    after that, its still the same maps. Diablo and friends is still the same end game grind.

    The problem, as ever, is you play these dull melee builds. All the builds in the world and it comes down to sunder or cyclone. There are necro builds, bow builds, spell builds. If you play every league the same they gonna feel the same and boring.
    That is kinda irrelevant, act 1-10 is over in two days, 88 days to go on league.
    Harbinger league sucks quite hard, the rewards for killing them is at best a joke.

    1/20th of a chaos orb and 3/20th's of an alteration orb, woohooo!
    GGG has struggled to keep players after 3 weeks in previous leagues, and then they hand us this.
    Whatever announcement they are coming with tomorrow, better be good.
    Last edited by VARRAKK; August 10 2017 at 07:10:29 PM.

  7. #3747

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,822
    here's a tip, dont trade yourself to the top gear in 3 days.
    try SSF.

  8. #3748
    Mortvvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,220


    give me all your beachheads, I suddenly like this league

  9. #3749
    vDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Location
    �� out there
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    I can't decide what char to make. I played a zerker before 3.0 hit, but playing melee could be very punishing at times. So I want a caster now. Nuclear grade, fire and brimstone, lightning optional. No clue where to start tho, passives, gems, weapon/gear, I'm lost. Help me FHC!
    I can't decide what's actually fun & different to play atm either.

    There's Blade Vortex chars doing ~1mil dps apparently, but that's melee and not fire.
    There's options to do ~200k dps vs bosses on the cheap, and amazing clearspeed with the cheap jewels, but there's awkwardness with leeching spell damage vs bosses that have reduced curse effectiveness.
    In general, I think Scion's underrated atm for elemental spells, as it gets you reflect immunity, near EO keystone, but also pathing in the Ranger/Duelist area for life, projectiles, and perma Frenzies + Onslaught vs bosses when you need charges the most, and while Frenzies still scale spell damage.

    But it doesn't solve the spell leech problem that only a true Berserker can.
    So you're probably better off with something like elemental Spectral Throw/Molten Strike, benefitting from Attack Damage leech being so easy to get. >200k dps with inexpensive gear (just use Ichimonji until you get a better foil) with far better defences & leech.

    There's also a >500k dps Dreamfeather Cleave build possibility, but that's not going to be cheap.
    Scorching ray with cast on channeling firestorm while you have rf on is exactly what you're looking for. And my next char too, I just need to save for Rise of Phoenix.
    It's fairly cheap (10c) rn, just bought one...and looted another right after.
    Also I got the "25% increased righteous fire damage" enchantment from merciless lab, thx izabro

  10. #3750

    Join Date
    May 4, 2011
    Posts
    108
    fallen in love with double strike, with melee splash & +30% melee damage gems with a dagger with some crazy + cold damage on it, it just burnings through anything that comes at me, and i have whirling blade to get in and out of trouble, still using containgen as a opener on groups of modes, because haven't found better.

    what i think i enjoy the most, is the different options the gems give a character, and therefore its eaiser than most rpgs etc to change up playstyles

  11. #3751
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    11,929
    Ok, all this going around in circles with Immolate attacks and I think I'm getting close to a GG build.
    How to lose 20 points from this without too much of the 640k dps vs Shaper or 6.2k life?

    Ok, 445k dps without Wise Oak & 6k life at lvl 95...
    423k dps & 5.9k life at lvl 92. Game on?
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; August 11 2017 at 11:35:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  12. #3752

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    5,733
    Flickr is so fun i'm considering an Elemental / Oro's flicker since they are dirt cheap.
    I can't see how to get enough Ele / Fire damage nodes though out of either the Marauder, Ranger or Scion trees and still have a decent life pool.
    Any ideas on sugested pathing/class/ascendancy?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  13. #3753
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,342
    Saw on reddit there has been a few cases where people crashed and logged on again as a lvl 1 scion
    One russian bloke went from 86 to 1.. (he got to keep all quest passives)

  14. #3754
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    11,929
    Thought GGG already did a rollback earlier today to sort that?

    re: Flicker, I previously suggested Oro's, when I was forgetting Terminus Est.

    Someone did Shaper with Oro's recently iirc.

    Here, not newbie-budget friendly, but some things to consider.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; August 11 2017 at 11:40:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  15. #3755
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    11,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Ok, all this going around in circles with Immolate attacks and I think I'm getting close to a GG build.
    How to lose 20 points from this without too much of the 640k dps vs Shaper or 6.2k life?

    Ok, 445k dps without Wise Oak & 6k life at lvl 95...
    423k dps & 5.9k life at lvl 92. Game on?
    Adjusted it again. Doesn't need Enlighten, isn't using Wise Oak. Got rid of Phase Run, added Rallying Cry (really long duration). 10% crit chance, 5 attacks/sec at sustainable max frenzies. So every 2 secs we should ignite, for 4 secs (except less duration on t16s), to sustain Immolate. And shock, for 2, with an average 34k fire component of the hit.
    Not quite able to reliably shock for 1% of 4mil life... Ideas?

    The fire golem is cursing via aoe attacks, as well as us having frost blades in that 4link for a fast & ranged way to hit several things at once. The totem is gaining fortify. So all the buffs seem easy to sustain to most benefit from Ichimonji. Just need to turn rarely critting fire damage into reliable enough shock chance.

    We're using Ruthless, and no Multistrike, so every 3rd blow should be a double damage (mostly fire) hit. So when it crits it should shock anything (without extra boss life map mod), it's just not quite reliable to shock again with Ruthless up, to intensify the shock.

    Edit: or just cut out the middle man and do lightning lacerate..? More damage & shock chance, perma ailment immunities, but not reflect-proof.

    Wait... that average hit isn't accounting for the mechanics of lacerate, if we do crit we do hit twice with it, so the second slash should always intesify the shock?!

    Twin Terrors can get us to crit every ~1.25 secs instead of ~2...
    In fact, shock chance isn't just the crit chance, we've some % from the tree/ascendancies. 1 shock/sec sounds viable for 2sec shock duration.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; August 11 2017 at 03:47:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  16. #3756
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    11,929
    There's a get-banned-on-level-up bug that should be fixed Soon https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...e_why/dlhsoel/

    Also an outstanding bug with activating lab perma-buff darkshine while you already have 1 active, resulting in disconnect from instance.

    And a datacentre for Washington D.C. had some hardware redundancy problems last night, causing US player issues.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; August 12 2017 at 09:53:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  17. #3757
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,395
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

    Afaik most "new expansion" leagues are boring so as not to overwhelm new players

    The Harbinger maps seem pretty fun I guess, I'll restart after I clear them, maybe something with flicker strike
    Afaik the real "grath" is just to large. A friend told me that's a good decision.

  18. #3758
    Cerzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Flickr is so fun i'm considering an Elemental / Oro's flicker since they are dirt cheap.
    I can't see how to get enough Ele / Fire damage nodes though out of either the Marauder, Ranger or Scion trees and still have a decent life pool.
    Any ideas on sugested pathing/class/ascendancy?
    I did Oros marauder in legacy, albeit using wild strike instead. I guess the main thing for getting good +fire damage is to slot a fireborn jewel in the socket directly south of the duelist start, converting all that +phys dmg into +fire dmg. Then of course you have a bunch of good +elemental/fire dmg to grab around templar, as well as elemental overload.

    That was using Juggernaut simply because it synergizes really well with eye of innocence, and it was probably one of most solid budget builds I'd ever played in terms of damage and defense (EoI being the only semi-expensive item, but one that drops in price fast). Not sure how it fares in 3.0 tho.
    Last edited by Cerzi; August 12 2017 at 02:40:31 PM.

  19. #3759
    Donor lubica's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    On the shitty side of the Alps
    Posts
    4,494
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1912422

    the build I decided to go for on my first char, currently lvl 46 so far it's p. fun, I just got spell echo gem and put it on shock nova, breezed through act 4. I'm not too sure on some of the talents in the build, like that crit cluster near the duelist start, I've been taking points near marauder now. Also not sure if skipping most of the lightning damage nodes is a good idea. Help?

    I've fiffled around a bit and come up with a possible alternative, some crit and life tradeoff for more dmg
    Last edited by lubica; August 12 2017 at 04:34:19 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

  20. #3760
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    11,929
    Spell crit without at least the Instability notable and passive above it?
    Also, Elementalist but no 25% penetration Mastermind of Discord, especially when using an AoE skill that Pendulum would benefit?
    I'd consider some tweaks like this.
    But in general, lightning caster with no significant leech vs bosses, no defence auras, no eva or armour, and hybrid HP... memories of painful experience.
    Oh and can't warp away if it's been hit hard enough to lose all mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •