hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 187 of 204 FirstFirst ... 87137177184185186187188189190197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4072

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Crit? Puncture/traps/mines? Crimson Dance bleed keystone?
    Or mana/minion shenanigans, maybe Kivata's Thirst?
    I'm already crit on top of pretty offensive-oriented tree and not much in terms of major gear upgrades left (expensive std shit like legacy 70% crit multi amulets aside).
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...ezh/characters

Poison seems pretty far down in the dumpster, bleed as well
    I imported it, think I sorted out the primary/swapped weapon gem setups, and had a look. I don't see a source of poison, so question the value of the flat added chaos...

You seem light on flat accuracy. A diamond flask adds a lot of dps. A sulphur isn't insignificant either (and good for surviving without leech). IIRC Haste wasn't doing the most of your available auras either.

VS Shaper/Guardians for dps, I think your best bet might be phys->lightning, recrafting flat added chaos for added lightning/phys, and some WED, and then you can get 50%+ more damage from the same gear, and then start considering the new shock (130k vs the new 90k). You're also next to Primeval Force, and not far from Arcing Blows. Then ofc there's Vinktar's too.

Not wanting to go convertion, some source of shocking (vaal lightning trap?) would be the next angle after the accuracy & general damage options.
    Else, there's things like chilled ground + Hypothermia, be that using vortex, arctic breath, aquamarine flask, etc.

Lastly, you're near Point Blank, but IDK how that interacts with totems. If you need to be standing near, look at 5-use Stibnite flasks or Smoke Mine for some extra defence.
    Also Divination Distillate is an interesting option for mana-intensive builds.

P.S. Intimidation from e.g. Belt of the Deceiver could be useful.
    Or maybe just dual curse, get Vuln in there.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; August 7 2017 at 03:51:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

VS Shaper/Guardians for dps, I think your best bet might be phys->lightning, recrafting flat added chaos for added lightning/phys, and some WED, and then you can get 50%+ more damage from the same gear, and then start considering the new shock (130k vs the new 90k). You're also next to Primeval Force, and not far from Arcing Blows. Then ofc there's Vinktar's too.
    I'll have a look, thanks.

Thing is though, the build has gone from easily 300k per Ballista w/ poison doubledipping to maybe 60k with charges etc. up.
    And those 300k/Ballista (probably more like 600k if you counted all the things, like curses and diamond flask etc.) still werent quite enough for shaper portal phase. Maybe barely, with better totem placement and some investment in totem hp/mitigation, but i didnt quite get to test it.

I've done a quick PoB-theorycraft of ele conversion (just slapped on min-maxed opal rings/ele amulet, redone supports around phys to lightning, and taken ele conversion nodes in the ranger area), and it wasnt impressive. I've got maybe twice the tooltip (if that) while still having to deal w/ monster ele resists. Doesnt seem worth buying gear worth at least a dozen exalts for sure.
    Last edited by n0th; August 8 2017 at 08:47:30 AM.

What can I say, broken double-dipping was broken, I'm glad it's gone and we have a new landscape, even if it impacted some of my fun builds too.
    If you want to compete, compete in 3.0, forget the tooltip of the past.

That said, perhaps you want to wait for PoB to support the 3 elemental versions of these and get your poison 7-link that way?
    IIRC poison hits scale from any & all sources of it per hit, so you can be hybrid phys+chaos+elemental and stack big hits of pure chaos degen, and hopefully leverage all the new weapon ailment passives.
    Again I would raise mixing in the new shock though, immunity is gone.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; August 8 2017 at 11:18:18 AM.

Not sure if i'm using POB correctly (unlikely), but Ruthless on FlickerStrike / Multistrike seems to add about +40% DPS.

Using yellow scrub tier gear the build claims to do ~120k dps with a 5l, pushing up to 200k 6L if the enemy is bleeding, at lvl 80. How to apply the bleed though? Best I can come up with is an Ancestral Totem with Chance to Bleed support to burn down Boss level mobs or sack off the Ancestral totem entirely and try to squeeze puncture in alongside frenzy and the other associated crap..

Whether i'll get a seizure, or realize/be persuaded it's generally terrible before getting anywhere near 80 remains to be seen though it's fun enough for the moment.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

ok update, am having fun, esp since i got spectral throw, and containgen, hardly even have to actually meele, and if i do a viper strike sames to work,

based on that, should i be aiming for pyhiscal or chaso damage ? still trying to pick my way through the passive skill tree,

As someone who's never got to max level what is so good about the update and should I give it another go?

Diablo 3 got old about 3 days into the new season for me.

The graphics look slightly less like ass and they have scrapped the "easy / medium / hard" progression and replaced it with 10 sequential acts. 6-10 takign palce on old maps but with new plots. Act 5 (and depending on wen you last played, 4 are totally new and introduce cool stuff (tm). Lots of new support gems add new flavour to skills / combos .. um .. and stuff..

Hmm that does sound interesting. So no need to repeat acts over and over to level up?

Apparently so yep.

Quote Originally Posted by pitfighter View Post
    ok update, am having fun, esp since i got spectral throw, and containgen, hardly even have to actually meele, and if i do a viper strike sames to work,

based on that, should i be aiming for pyhiscal or chaso damage ? still trying to pick my way through the passive skill tree,
    For chaos AoE, look at Abyssal Cry, rather than Contagion IMHO. And for single target, a Wither Totem is amazing.

I came up with this for you, there's the Rabid Rhoa div card to get chaos claws, and then no need for non-unique cheap jewels.
    I'm not sure if it needs VP, as those claws have life on hit for vs phys reflect, but you're right by the keystone anyway.
    It has some chaos/poison & crit scaling, but could probably get a bunch more if you want to have to spend more, depend on more things & have less initial dps to leech with.
    The 2 blasphemies + wither totem + abyssal cry hinder & slows are very defensive, as well as adding huge dps & clear speed.

Overall it just needs the shield to avoid having to pick up RT or a bunch of accuracy.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    Hmm that does sound interesting. So no need to repeat acts over and over to level up?
    Nope, once you finish Act 4 you head straight into Acts 5-10 and then into the "endgame" of mapping

The old system had you rerun Acts 1-4 3 times on increasing levels of difficulty and then you hit the "endgame"

Speaking of which, Act 10's boss keeps shitting on me, I really like all the bosses tbh

Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    As someone who's never got to max level what is so good about the update and should I give it another go?

Diablo 3 got old about 3 days into the new season for me.
    max level is a strange way to suggest playing the game.
    I've never got to max level, ive only gotten to the level my build/playstyle allowed me to get.

Mapping is end game around level 70, but the end game has many posibilities.
    Uber Lab running, Map running, trying all the maps or running the same 'efficient' maps. Doing Guardians, atziri, council, prophecies, shaper, uber atziri, harbingers, or rolling with friends, unique maps.

some of it will smash your face, you wont have enough life or energy sheild, you wont have enough DPS, you wont have clever enough damage Mitigation...
    (more than just push 1 for health flask but mechanics of your build to reduce elemental/phys/chaos damage such as block/dodge/evasion/immortalcall/phys as elemental damage taken/damage reduction).

The higher end Uniques will be impossibly expensive, maybe you will find an item by sheer luck that you can sell to another player and suddenly you can afford everything you could ever want...

Your first build might not be anything like your second. you might use a Bow, traps, Axe, spells.
    I can run Righteous Fire as Life based or Energy Shield based, or Low Life.
    I can run it as Maurader, Templar, Witch etc, and pick different ascendancies within those classes which make the flavour and mechanics enterily different, all for the same skill.

Most skills are like this, gotta try all the different flavours to find the one you like, they have expanded the Lore of Wraeclast massively with this latest update, its pretty good indeed I think.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    It's very difficult to get to max level in PoE anyway. I doubt you could do it in anything less than 100 hrs of play time, assuming you're playing very very efficiently. If you've reached high 80's/low 90's, you're already doing extremely well.

Well we had those contests in Standard last week where people went 0-100 in 14hours, but that's not counting prep time farming all the gear & maps to use for it.

The real limitation is the pointlessness of it & repetitive grind gameplay. If your build needs max level points it's probably a bad build.

I can't decide what char to make. I played a zerker before 3.0 hit, but playing melee could be very punishing at times. So I want a caster now. Nuclear grade, fire and brimstone, lightning optional. No clue where to start tho, passives, gems, weapon/gear, I'm lost. Help me FHC!

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pitfighter View Post

Should see the 3l cataphract with armor tree.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    I can't decide what char to make. I played a zerker before 3.0 hit, but playing melee could be very punishing at times. So I want a caster now. Nuclear grade, fire and brimstone, lightning optional. No clue where to start tho, passives, gems, weapon/gear, I'm lost. Help me FHC!
    I can't decide what's actually fun & different to play atm either.

There's Blade Vortex chars doing ~1mil dps apparently, but that's melee and not fire.
    There's options to do ~200k dps vs bosses on the cheap, and amazing clearspeed with the cheap jewels, but there's awkwardness with leeching spell damage vs bosses that have reduced curse effectiveness.
    In general, I think Scion's underrated atm for elemental spells, as it gets you reflect immunity, near EO keystone, but also pathing in the Ranger/Duelist area for life, projectiles, and perma Frenzies + Onslaught vs bosses when you need charges the most, and while Frenzies still scale spell damage.

But it doesn't solve the spell leech problem that only a true Berserker can.
    So you're probably better off with something like elemental Spectral Throw/Molten Strike, benefitting from Attack Damage leech being so easy to get. >200k dps with inexpensive gear (just use Ichimonji until you get a better foil) with far better defences & leech.

There's also a >500k dps Dreamfeather Cleave build possibility, but that's not going to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    I can't decide what's actually fun & different to play atm either.

There's Blade Vortex chars doing ~1mil dps apparently, but that's melee and not fire.
    There's options to do ~200k dps vs bosses on the cheap, and amazing clearspeed with the cheap jewels, but there's awkwardness with leeching spell damage vs bosses that have reduced curse effectiveness.
    In general, I think Scion's underrated atm for elemental spells, as it gets you reflect immunity, near EO keystone, but also pathing in the Ranger/Duelist area for life, projectiles, and perma Frenzies + Onslaught vs bosses when you need charges the most, and while Frenzies still scale spell damage.

But it doesn't solve the spell leech problem that only a true Berserker can.
    So you're probably better off with something like elemental Spectral Throw/Molten Strike, benefitting from Attack Damage leech being so easy to get. >200k dps with inexpensive gear (just use Ichimonji until you get a better foil) with far better defences & leech.

There's also a >500k dps Dreamfeather Cleave build possibility, but that's not going to be cheap.
    Scorching ray with cast on channeling firestorm while you have rf on is exactly what you're looking for. And my next char too, I just need to save for Rise of Phoenix.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I did it with Whispering Ice for double dipping before 3.0, but since CI isn't really viable now I dunno if I can do the same with a life based build

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    I imported it, think I sorted out the primary/swapped weapon gem setups, and had a look. I don't see a source of poison, so question the value of the flat added chaos...

You seem light on flat accuracy. A diamond flask adds a lot of dps. A sulphur isn't insignificant either (and good for surviving without leech). IIRC Haste wasn't doing the most of your available auras either.

Not wanting to go convertion, some source of shocking (vaal lightning trap?) would be the next angle after the accuracy & general damage options.
    Else, there's things like chilled ground + Hypothermia, be that using vortex, arctic breath, aquamarine flask, etc.

Lastly, you're near Point Blank, but IDK how that interacts with totems. If you need to be standing near, look at 5-use Stibnite flasks or Smoke Mine for some extra defence.
    Also Divination Distillate is an interesting option for mana-intensive builds.

P.S. Intimidation from e.g. Belt of the Deceiver could be useful.
    Or maybe just dual curse, get Vuln in there.
    Good for you.