hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 233 of 234 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233234 LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4677

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Nice one. You meant red Elder that first time, right?

Level 1-100 in sub 4 hours.
    Yes, yes i did. At least i spelled it right

between the 4 hour lvl 100 and the lvl 38 Uber kill, it seems they have significant challenges coming up.

What is on your "to fix" list ?
    Last edited by Itiken; January 27 2019 at 11:24:40 PM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Tried uber elder for the first time today, failed. Twice

Felt bad so I went back to easy maps and delves to at least get a level up out of today's session.
    Last edited by vDJ; January 28 2019 at 10:46:57 AM.

Problem is damage scaling.

IMO, they need to simplify the game some.
    Having Increased Damage, More Damage and Extra Damage makes balancing a nightmare.
    (Also very confusing for players to understand)

Damage wise, the variety and types of ele, phys, poison combined with statuses work really well, but the padding of gems needed feels a little bit silly as you have touched on.

There are probably some streamlining that can be done, as it seems you can do 10 different things to each skill, and 7 of them suck. I'm all for loads of choice and giving players lots of options, eg do you want more raw hit, or more burning, or higher ignite etc, but some of them seem obtuse and silly.

My main bugbear though, is Loot. When your client ships with a loot filter that end up hiding 65%+ of dropped items and many players pick up even less than that, there is IMO some sort of problem. Because of the total overkill of drops, crating, (un)veiling, beastcrafting, essencecrafting, shaping + whatever the fuck else, drops are almost always useless, worthless (except for the 0.000000001% with a way above average roll you can sell for an alc) so why even bother. The whole system needs a total overhaul. They dont' need to go all D3/Loot2.0 but some concessions to accept that the piles and piles of shit that constantly drops is a hindrance. It's a masochistic "if you don't know well fuck you and if you do well $$$" attitude teh game seems to harbour which stops it being the 'best game ever'.

unfortunately, either/both of these things would result in a forum threadnaught as players decry the game being dumbed down because the internet is full of massive babies with no sense of perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Damage wise, the variety and types of ele, phys, poison combined with statuses work really well, but the padding of gems needed feels a little bit silly as you have touched on.

There are probably some streamlining that can be done, as it seems you can do 10 different things to each skill, and 7 of them suck. I'm all for loads of choice and giving players lots of options, eg do you want more raw hit, or more burning, or higher ignite etc, but some of them seem obtuse and silly.

My main bugbear though, is Loot. When your client ships with a loot filter that end up hiding 65%+ of dropped items and many players pick up even less than that, there is IMO some sort of problem. Because of the total overkill of drops, crating, (un)veiling, beastcrafting, essencecrafting, shaping + whatever the fuck else, drops are almost always useless, worthless (except for the 0.000000001% with a way above average roll you can sell for an alc) so why even bother. The whole system needs a total overhaul. They dont' need to go all D3/Loot2.0 but some concessions to accept that the piles and piles of shit that constantly drops is a hindrance. It's a masochistic "if you don't know well fuck you and if you do well $$$" attitude teh game seems to harbour which stops it being the 'best game ever'.

unfortunately, either/both of these things would result in a forum threadnaught as players decry the game being dumbed down because the internet is full of massive babies with no sense of perspective
    I think a smart loot revamp wouldnt be flamed into oblivion. The mandatory loot filter(s) are a bit silly and surely there are better ways to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Tried uber elder for the first time today, failed. Twice

Felt bad so I went back to easy maps and delves to at least get a level up out of today's session.
    UPDATE : changed some of my stuff (more life, kaom's root), went back in there and killed the fucker !

Semicolon is the help page, not H.

So I got an item from Uber Elder.

Apparently its good.
    What you think its worth?

Spoiler:

That's p fucking good, Clarity can be just lvl1 with a tiny non-% mana reservation so fit in basically any build, so really a user just need to be usefully running Wrath, and they get free mana sustain, and probably enable MoM too, easing pathing away from life nodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

30-35ex

25-30 if you want a quick sell.

Jesus that would be perfect for my Arc Templar

140/159 maps and >400c to buy maps to finish off the atlas. This is by far the furthest i've got through Atlas & Early endgame bosses.

*excite*

The only bos left to try is uber elder, and he isn't about to spawn sadly, though i'll be triggering Red Elder tonight again - hopefully, then start delving again.

The BV Pathfinder i made seems pretty solid but all the button pushing gets a bit annoying. What other solid delvers exist outside of Sword+Board MS ?

140/159 maps and >400c to buy maps to finish off the atlas. This is by far the furthest i've got through Atlas & Early endgame bosses.

*excite*

The only bos left to try is uber elder, and he isn't about to spawn sadly, though i'll be triggering Red Elder tonight again - hopefully, then start delving again.

The BV Pathfinder i made seems pretty solid but all the button pushing gets a bit annoying. What other solid delvers exist outside of Sword+Board MS ?
    uber elder spawns automatically if you follow the quest line

i derped the quest chain, and shaper died. brb next week with more aoe spam.

Realistically, how hard is uber-atziri? and are the rewards worth it compared to selling this mortal ignorance for 120c ?
    I delete regular atziri. is it much harder ?

Are you reflect immune? Then it shouldnt be much harder than normal.

Whens the next league? Ive kinda got the itch to play but want a fresh start.

i derped the quest chain, and shaper died. brb next week with more aoe spam.

Realistically, how hard is uber-atziri? and are the rewards worth it compared to selling this mortal ignorance for 120c ?
    I delete regular atziri. is it much harder ?
    if you're familiar with normal atziri, the trash is the hardest part of uber atziri. the bosses themselves are faster than their normal counterpart, e.g. flameblasts and storm calls explode faster and you need to be quicker with dodging.
    the only drop worth anything are acuities, everything else got surpassed by master crafting.

Not that great at the mechanics, but my dude was insta-popping each phase last night, so it didn't matter too much for that one, though sold the Mortal Ignorance so it'll have to wait.
    Last edited by Itiken; February 9 2019 at 04:50:22 PM.

Killed my first Uber Atziri ever this week too \o/

First time playing CI (HOWA Jugg). CI is OP as fk, idk why I haven't done this til now
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Because getting good ES gear was hard, and then nerfed harder. But now crafting is batshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.