hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 197 of 199 FirstFirst ... 97147187194195196197198199 LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 3970

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Probably a terrible idea but could you swap out one of your CWDT's to free up slots to add Conc effect & +melee damage to your ancestral warchief? Not sure how it fares with 1h weapons tho. 2h it's pretty noticeable dps
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Probably a terrible idea but could you swap out one of your CWDT's to free up slots to add Conc effect & +melee damage to your ancestral warchief? Not sure how it fares with 1h weapons tho. 2h it's pretty noticeable dps
    Probably not, i haven't seen anything on the first two from maddaddam trilogy, but they're both amazing games.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    How to crank up my deeps?
    Killing bosses is slow.
    Disclaimer: never played melee phys builds.

Sunder is amazing for leveling up to midtier maps, probably superb uber lab farmer as well. But doesnt necessarily scale too well into endgame. Thats probably the main reason.

That said:

1. spiked gloves w/ attack speed roll? Thats a good chunk of deeps right there.
    2. Cant you get double damage mod jewels at this point?
    3. Arent you supposed to try and scale bleed at least a little bit as a gladiator?
    4. Arent you at a point where you're supposed to upgrade Soul Taker to a rare axe thats more deeps?
    Last edited by n0th; September 8 2017 at 10:56:58 AM.

I'm actually only using the totem for the dmg boost it gives me, while it is close.
    (I should be using the protector, but lazy..)

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post

Sunder is amazing for leveling up to midtier maps, probably superb uber lab farmer as well. But doesnt necessarily scale too well into endgame. Thats probably the main reason.

That said:

3. Arent you supposed to try and scale bleed at least a little bit as a gladiator?
    4. Arent you at a point where you're supposed to upgrade Soul Taker to a rare axe thats more deeps?
    Probably cant get it here.

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    How to crank up my deeps?
    Killing bosses is slow.

That said:

Costs has sofar been the biggest block.
    Can't replace the Soultaker as I have no mana. HoA + Hatred + AA is 100%.

Maim instead of Added Fire? Or Ruthless?
    BotD for Intimidation?
    20% quality BR.

Some manual or CwDT triggered Phase Run? Linked to EC & ID to abuse how the duration can be extended?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Maim instead of Added Fire? Or Ruthless?
    BotD for Intimidation?
    20% quality BR.

Some manual or CwDT triggered Phase Run? Linked to EC & ID to abuse how the duration can be extended?
    I like the Phase run concept, trying to figure out where to put it.
    So few sockets with BoR.

Got about 140k dps, need to double it. At least.

I'm a bit confused again. According to PoB, slotting in Elemental Equilibrium was an immediate ~35% dps boost for the on-paper Scorching Ray figures and about the same for Righteous Fire which is all well and good. Bu How! The only source of non-fire damage i have is Shield charge and i'm not convinced PoB is smart enough to have automatically accounted for SC applying a lightning hit (i've got +Fire damage on gloves which need replacing anyway so that would break the SC / EE prep hit). Is there some weird hidden mechanic that is stacking the effect ?

I know Scorching Ray does't hit, wo won't switch the EE trigger to fire and RF seems to be the same which is cool, so to proc it i just SC a mob with a cold weapon and get on with the melting. But why is it showing a flat POB DOP boost. argh.

Between that and Elemental Overload i'm not convinced my OPB dos is anywhere near accurate. Again EleOverload boosted paper dps by a good ~30%. Can' SR / RF even crit ? O.o

EO only requires that you have crit in past 8 secs. Doesn't have to be the same skill, or even skill type (spell/attack). Thus Orb of Storms + Inc Crit Chance is popular for triggering it.
    EE is just assuming you're not retarded and have found a way to trigger it, I don't think PoB is checking you haven't done something like using HoI (adding flat cold to all hit types) while wanting to reduce cold resist.

By default, PoB tends to assume conditions aren't met, especially for which support gems will give the most dps increase. So you have to choose to use them, then go and set the actual target burning status/poison stacks/distance < 10/etc. Then you get a more accurate sorting of dps supports, assuming you can maintain that condition (mostly don't then get suckered by Ele Focus or Brutality).
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    By default, PoB tends to assume conditions aren't met, especially for which support gems will give the most dps increase. So you have to choose to use them, then go and set the actual target burning status/poison stacks/distance < 10/etc. Then you get a more accurate sorting of dps supports, assuming you can maintain that condition (mostly don't then get suckered by Ele Focus or Brutality).
    That's the behaviour i've seen before from it which i why i was surprised by how it handles EE and EO. Just checking i wasn't missing something like "if you have the EE keystone the first hit is at -50% resists then they flip to +25% "

i've a need for some swanky boots for my dude!
    Pretty sure some generic life, move + Mana boots will do the job unless you can think of anything cool that'll boost survivability vs being punched in the face.
    The phase run Shaper boots look interesting for instance, but have no life.

what is your guy?

I take it 1h/Crit gear just *is* fucking expensive 'cos everyone wants it?
    Having a hard time gearing my new Dagger Flicker Slayer - i can either get 200k dps or 4k life atm.
    Though i've fucked up some pathing.

anyone want to loan me about 300c

Crit gear is expensive because shatter sounds are fucking amazing.

True fact.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
    only took them.... 7 years ? 5 ?

0.8.4 - Added new skill prototype: Raise Spectre - 24 June 2011

Also poe has been out a long time

3.0.3 - Raised Spectre now has a 50% less damage modifier, because we felt persistent t16 Spectres were too strong. This is a buff.

Having a hard time gearing my new Dagger Flicker Slayer - i can either get 200k dps or 4k life atm.

still need the chaos? I'm done with the league anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Mortvvs View Post
    3.0.3 - Raised Spectre now has a 50% less damage modifier, because we felt persistent t16 Spectres were too strong. This is a buff.

still need the chaos? I'm done with the league anyway
    Obligatory can I have your stuff ?

I've left the frost blades dudette aside to try something better at boss killing and I went for something very original, dark pact big dude. Pretty fun but I underestimated how expensive the jewels and co would be.
    Last edited by vDJ; October 4 2017 at 11:34:43 AM.