hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 196 of 199 FirstFirst ... 96146186193194195196197198199 LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 3970

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Consider Starkonja's over Rat's Nest.

IIRC the mistakes were in not understanding Lioneye's jewel because PoB doesn't change the nodes text, not understanding Doomfletch Prism is 3x physical as elemental that you can't easily focus into 1, and nor is it by default a conversion build, etc.

Accuracy can't be overstated though for crit attacks, from helm, gloves, jewellery, wherever.

Meginord's, I didn't check the options, flat phys is very strong for Doomfletch but it certainly might not be the best cheap belt overall.

Ele Focus is a very strong option, maybe a swap-in for vs bosses, as shock and chill+shatter could be strong enough to do work vs most packs.

Just a thought, if you did go with something like Signal Fire + Phys To Lightning gem, or a phys converting skill, you wouldn't need Dyadian Dawn or VP to survive physical reflect.
    Then again I'm forgetting Pantheon exists.
    Also never not CwDT + IC + ID. Probably with quality BR for the attack speed, or a Vaal Grace/Haste.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; September 4 2017 at 05:28:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post

IIRC the mistakes were in not understanding Lioneye's jewel because PoB doesn't change the nodes text, not understanding Doomfletch Prism is 3x physical as elemental that you can't easily focus into 1, and nor is it by default a conversion build, etc.

Accuracy can't be overstated though for crit attacks, from helm, gloves, jewellery, wherever.

Meginord's, I didn't check the options, flat phys is very strong for Doomfletch but it certainly might not be the best cheap belt overall.

Ele Focus is a very strong option, maybe a swap-in for vs bosses, as shock and chill+shatter could be strong enough to do work vs most packs.

Just a thought, if you did go with something like Signal Fire + Phys To Lightning gem, or a phys converting skill, you wouldn't need Dyadian Dawn or VP to survive physical reflect.
    Also never not CwDT + IC + ID. Probably with quality BR for the attack speed, or a Vaal Grace/Haste.
    that Gem Combo will all feature (the bottom gems) I have slower proj, ele damage with attacks, GMP, phys projectile damage. im using TS and thinking Barrage for bosses/singletarget? im not sure what id swap out for increased crits/ele focus?

Also the helm, looking at starkonja's its more HP but less crit and attack speed. worth for the more HP i guess?

Mouse over the Enable checkbox for a gem in a group in PoB and you'll see the details of the dps gain/loss for clicking it.
    It just can't know what shock/chill thresholds you're willing to accept, though mouseover those ailments in the Calc page to see them. You'll soon get a feel for when 1 arrow's hit is reliably doing significantly more than 1% of a blue mob's life or not, and how much more HP enemy rares & uniques have in comparison.

If you have the chromes, you could potentially place your links so that you can easily swap between using a Rat's and a Stark for maps vs bosses.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

That doesn't really make much difference ot potholes.

Any handy info about WRT gearing up spell damage would be great as i just don't get it - Gearing up Scorching RAY seems really weird. Every item i try to swap to / craft / upgrade ends up being worse than the lvl10 + lvl 20 Sceptre i've got equipped so damage feels a little lackluster. Am I just too used to all those juicy +Attack Damage uniques and need to get over it ?
      Spoiler:
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Ensure you're not being mislead by any inaccurate ingame tooltip claiming hit dps, for a degen spell that can't hit. The DoT stat could well be a second line.
    +1/+2 all/fire gems mod on the item your spell is in will be significant. +1 to all can be combined with even an unlevelled Empower to get +2 to a linked gem.

Ensure you're not being mislead by any inaccurate ingame tooltip claiming hit dps, for a degen spell that can't hit.
    Motherfuckers >.< Probably shouldn't have vendor'd the items in disgust yesterday.

Just to confirm: + blah blah attack damage does nothing.
    + blah blah spell/fire damage is good.

+damage without a descriptor applies to both spells and attacks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Ensure you're not being mislead by any inaccurate ingame tooltip claiming hit dps, for a degen spell that can't hit.
    Motherfuckers >.< Probably shouldn't have vendor'd the items in disgust yesterday.

Just to confirm: + blah blah attack damage does nothing.
    + blah blah spell/fire damage is good.

+damage without a descriptor applies to both spells and attacks ?
    Read the fine print

Scorching Ray says: Spell, Fire, Duration, Channelling
    Those arent attacks, so it won't affect.

% and # to spell damage
    % and # elemental damage to spells
    +1/+2 level to gem

^^ those affects spell gems, and the +# to levels is huge.

Normally +flat damage on a weapon is local. +Flat damage elsewhere will clarify that it's global to attacks and/or spells (or assume only to attacks if not otherwise stated).
    Linked added damage can apply to spells, but DoTs by default don't hit.
    Flat added damage by default only applies to hits.

For a burning DoT, you want fire & elemental % damage. Specifically for SR, and ED & Vortex iirc, they also benefit from spell % damage applied to the DoT when it otherwise wouldn't.
    You need to read up on the specific skill/spell to know if it also benefits from flat added damage to any hit portion, and if that larger hit helps produce a larger DoT, especially with how ailments changed in 3.0.

Remember, spells aren't using your weapon unlike attacks (or how other games work). Spells can benefit from the stats on your weapons, but shields with % spell/elemental damage/global crit chance/crit chance to spells are giving the same bonus as the main hand item.
    Sceptres, Daggers, Wands, Staves, Bows, all handled indifferently, simply their mods apply. Not to say that 6-linked +3 Bows aren't situationally amazing for casters, also enabling a quiver.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; September 5 2017 at 12:10:04 PM.

Thanks chaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Read
    Crazy plan. Can't i just roll face on keyboard and drink lager ?

Thanks chaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Read
    To be fair a fair few times the game is less than clear on certain things, including this. It's not that it *doesn't* tell you in some way, it just that it tends to be fairly bad at telling it.

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    TMA ele wands.

I cant even really understand what i'm looking for exactly. double flat ele, crit chance/crit multi, attack speed?
    How painful is crafting? I was thinking of rolling an electrocuting or something and multimodding, but not sure how much of an upgrade that would be

Reference (slight variation of Mathils ele wander): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...ezh/characters LEPUBBIE

edit: just realised i need to actually properly redo my barrage setup for endgame, ditch added cold and immolate, get some lightning pen going, grab added lightning boot enchant etc. before i spend big

4-link KB just so strong for map clear, goddamn
    We missed this in the fhc dupe posting issues.

AFAIK ele wanders are all based on conversion. Max the base crit chance & physical, then any extra added damage is great. Get the generic damage for wands nodes, possibly the dual wielding if using a gg rares or a specific cheap unique (Piscator's?), also the wand damage per power charge node.
    An extra option is Crown of Eyes, for leech and optimal pathing + enabling some other uniques & clusters.
    Barrage is your single-target. Movement skills suck, unless you shield charge, or get handy with weapon-swapping.

You do have the option to generate & sustain frenzy charges vs Frenzy, so you can use Ice Bite to help stack the flat added damage. I don't know if it's best to treat it like a Doomfletch, and/or be Inquisitor, or to convert & focus on adding 1 damage type for penetration. Most optimal might be all 3 ele types and Wise Oak, but then Vinktar's and Dying Sun are also so strong for Barrage and KB.

The crafting can be the most expensive kinds of items. But remember a wand's base, max that base crit, add phys where you can. And Occultist wouldn't be the worst, for dual curse (Proj Weakness?) and PC on crit.

AFAIK ele wanders are all based on conversion
    Actually thats wrong, none of what i've seen uses any conversion at all
    I've found a p. good in-depth guide for wanders

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1979794

Playing this casually on standard, and the cool thing about these kinds of builds is that they scale p. much indefinitely with currency.
    Only thing i need to figure out is some additional defense for lazy play and steady xp grind. I've barely got 5k life, 10k evasion, VP and thats it. After totem spam i'm also kind of not used to actually paying attention, lol. Facetanking shit with VP feels amazing though, not gonna lie. Singletarget also feels like it has "shit on Shaper in couple of sec" potential, once i figure everything out. I do have a random sixlink and a +2 Barrage Devoto's already though

Lack of movement skill is nbd, because you get like +200% movement speed without even trying hard (70ish base + Quicksilver+Onslaught+Frenzies) which feels better than shield charging anyway.
    Last edited by n0th; September 6 2017 at 12:14:15 PM.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

I was on a roll.

AFAIK ele wanders are all based on conversion.
    completely wrong

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Why is selling shit without any premium stash tabs so annoying

I don't want to make a sell thread to get rid of my Gruthkul's Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

get acquisition? it auto updates your thread if you list items in your sales tabs
    https://github.com/xyzz/acquisition/releases

As far as I know acquisition still does it mostly automatic for you.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortvvs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

get acquisition? it auto updates your thread if you list items in your sales tabs
    https://github.com/xyzz/acquisition/releases
    I'll check it out

How to crank up my deeps?
    Killing bosses is slow.

SCIURINI
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...AKK/characters

ATM I'm using a BOR with Sunder/Added Fire/Multistrike/Conc Effect
    Because of its 6% Chance to block. If I replace it and invest 6sp I can get 5% from the Passive Tree.
    (I can also get 1%'s on jewels)

If going to a true 6L setup on a body armor w/abyssus, I would get even higher damage output.
    Would the dps increase be worth the SP cost and 50 raw hp?