hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 224 of 228 FirstFirst ... 124174214221222223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 4557

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

you need a movement skill like leap slam or flame dash to gain distance from his attacks, facetanking kitava is never a good idea

This might be slightly out of date, but you'll need to review something like this if you aren't going to be testing things in softcore yourself before trying to progress a HC char in POE in 2018, there's just too much to know about so much content(/so many one-shots) now.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    This might be slightly out of date, but you'll need to review something like this if you aren't going to be testing things in softcore yourself before trying to progress a HC char in POE in 2018, there's just too much to know about so much content(/so many one-shots) now.
    Thanks nice link.

It was the X-Blast that killed me. i was standing right in front of him so eh spread wasn't large thus i eat two at same time. Also i only had like 20% phys reduction so that didnīt help i guess.

Again, I recall when streamers were going for world first hardcore kills of insert-new-end-boss-here, and they practice in softcore on the same build, learn the fight, and demonstrate that most times you can find ways to reliably avoid damage rather than die to it. Even if it means logging out fast (POE has a 3rd party packet macro for this purpose, to avoid any client hangs, and overall the game is balanced around this rather than e.g. a long-duration logout timer) and using up 1 of 6 portals in non-act content.
    Rarely is damage reduction the reliable way to survive the big telegraphed/boss attacks. Sure you can rejig auras and flasks for certain content, but overall it's better to not get lazy leaning on them (unless maybe to buy you reaction time) & gambling on some facetanking time-saving. Maybe it helped these guys that they got most of their skills when the game was a lot slower paced, and it was less... jarring to viewers to see someone taking their time over bosses, between zerging through maps.

I still think the giant bosses with the one shots are possibly the worst thing they've added to the game. It just doesn't mesh well with the rest of the gameplay imo as it all feels entirely too loose for bullet hell level nonsense.

Best league in a long time. Delve crafting is one of the greatest additions ever. Having tons of fun in SSF slowly progressing maps+delve; the alternating style breaks up the grind a lot. Also the new zana mods, return of Harbinger orbs, and Vaal ruins make it pretty respectable for map progression.

Biggest issue is how laggy it seems this league. Lots of ghosting/rubberbanding in the Delves leading to random deaths. Lots of bosses not being where they appear on screen (so long Cyclone, never again). Definitely a league for Softcore.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Someone overcame the namelocking single target melee mechanics to take a Viper Strike char to Uber Eldar, and showed off some skills.

Guy knows what's up.

Donald Trump loot filter, nearly shit myself at Mexico

https://streamable.com/jppcu

Down to depth 757

Rolling triplecurse now - frostbite/blasphemy, enfeeble/blasphemy, HoI/CoH/tempchains, thanks to a +1 curse Impresence that i got for 1ex cause its not meta.

Have to dodge Hexproof for obvious reasons and also, a bit less obvious "cannot be slowed below base speed" = immune to freeze and tempchains = able to actually hit me

Nasty ( doable, but random oneshots) mods are

Nemesis - hard to mechanically dodge projectile spells everywhere, also Lightning Mirage aka. lightning bois
    Bloodlines - every second blue pack is Heralds of the Obelisk with one stray mob somewhere in the darkness

Other than that no actual roadblocks, expect to get down to at least 1000 given some time.

Next step is dropping Queen of the Forest for Delves for (i shit you not) Cospri's Will, allowing me to save 6 points on the tree and not needing to dodge Hexproof areas anymore, which is big. Also it has a decent chaos res roll for them fungal bioms, where caustic ground left by zombies on death pretty much oneshots you if you dont grab some chaos res/atziri's Promise/Arakali pantheon.
    Last edited by n0th; October 1 2018 at 01:55:03 PM.

I can't remember any other leagues getting this many patches by GGG.
    Liking this new follow up dedication to a new league.

Wish the was every quicker with balancing.

I had a Watcher's Eye drop, %phys to Lightning while Wrath, +ES on hit while Disc, nominally 5-10ex, but am scratching my head for a practical build to use it in... CI Lightning Arrow??

Has anyone tried Sovvy's Lazy paladin? I am looking for something easy to play with, that is forgiving on interrupted gameplay.

Jugg is what you're looking for. Pick any flavour you want, I recommend Molten Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    2nd Job, spreadsheets ahoy. Poe is pretty much eve online levels of spreadsheet tracking nonsense now.

Isn't that why we play it? PoB > EFT/PyFA. Plus life leech.