hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 261 of 263 FirstFirst ... 161211251258259260261262263 LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 5241

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

I only have time / effort to make like two or three chars per league, max. So my league starter has to keep me going for a while.

I used to start with life based ED Trickster, infinite leech / good mobility / okay defenses / high damage cap.

League seems fun enough, couple of bugs got through. Like one NPC not activating his ability if you stand too close to a door. Not sure how i feel about Heists in general, i am possibly missing some mechanics how to minimize alerts or you are simply not supposed to get all loot.

I also can feel the bricking of my build coming up already, but so far Firestorm isnt too bad. I think Ele is just outdated, compared to Necro or Hiero, but for now i am locked in..

Not sure if you've tried it, but apparently the best thing is to just run past all the guards and open the chests.

Killing guards adds more alert than running past them all and dragging them behind. I've done a few (low level ones) where I just dash past everything, open every chest, then go to the end and trigger the escape.

Also pressing the league hotkey "V" with your cursor near an interactable door will trigger the Heist NPC to do their stuff instead of having to try and click the button.

Can someone explain why I can't add % Increased Lightning Spell Damage to this want?
    I only got 2 Prefixes and Suffixes. So there is room.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Are you sure the prefix isnt P1: +%spell /+%mana regen P2: +flat lightning to spells S1: +%mana regen S2: +%proj speed? P1 would be exclusive with %lightning damage, as far as i can tell.

I would believe you know this, but whats it look like when you inpsect with [alt]?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Are you sure the prefix isnt P1: +%spell /+%mana regen P2: +flat lightning to spells S1: +%mana regen S2: +%proj speed? P1 would be exclusive with %lightning damage, as far as i can tell.

I would believe you know this, but whats it look like when you inpsect with [alt]?
    Inspecting it says 2 Prefixes and 2 Suffixes

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

Inspecting it says 2 Prefixes and 2 Suffixes
    Okay but what im saying is theres a prefix hybrid spell damage + mana regen that blocks crafting bench ele damage.

Brrrrrt Terminus FlickerStrike is Go!
    Until lvl70 and Oro's Sacrifice. (maybe). As always, it seems that Crit has a higher topend but less Life/Survivability, Ele seems to be a good potential middleground and allow an easy life buffer.

I do like the league mechanics so far, it's a nice change.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Heists arent bad, ive figured that if possible i should open all doors, then just rush chests and trigger alarm.

However, about every second time, i get a CTD when alert triggers / i open a chest. Super tilting since it just bricks the contract through no fault of my own.

Leveling is super faceroll atm, most of the time its more efficient to just Frostblink from pack to pack. Makes me think i should put some points into herald bombing, which means im also not entirely married to Firestorm. But i cant expect to get the cluster jewels to go all out on it.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 21 2020 at 09:04:30 PM.

Can you open final chest if alarm is off?

This alarm stuff is the opposite of being sneaky.

Kill a guard, alert level goes up.
    Run around with a posse of guards chasing you, nobody minds...

Well, during the timer you can, afterwards its failed. But with enough movement you can usually open one large chest + 1-2 small ones while sprinting to the end.

e: Oh btw, the void sphere counts as hitting, so its replaced orb of storms for hex on hit for me. Temp chains + hinder is pretty fun, although i might need ele weakness eventually.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 21 2020 at 11:45:28 PM.

This turned out to be yet another league, where I don't want to interact with the league mechanics.
    I just find the entire thing tedious, a chore.

POE is and never can be a sneaky-sneaky game.
    Running around and talking to all the other criminals.

At least they sorted out the alertness.
    Why did that make it into the game? How do they play test? Are all the playtesters uncapable of forming a criticising thought?

What did they fix? Do NPCs still get stuck and need to be reset by running around like a headless chicken? Havent done one today.

Yeah, the entire thing could have used some more testing.

Now killing Guards is the least alarming option, instead of running around with NPC trains following you.

The game runs like absolute dogshit !

Years with a continuos sprint to add more content, never time to revisit old content or optimize game.
    Just add more more more, effects bling and features.

My 1080ti is struggling to even pull 50fps!
    Lag spikes, crashes, and so much shit on screen I don't even know where I am and what is going on.

They are making it very hard to enjoy the game.

Im just salty that i needed a Tremor Rod on SSF last league and never got it, and now it dropped at lvl60ish.

Heists might be annoying, but the low level ones are pretty good loot. If they can solve the CTDs its not a bad league.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 23 2020 at 08:38:27 PM.

I too am super sad

i think that i'm over Flickerstrike. I list like BV more.

I found an Anomalous Spellslinger gem last night.
    But it's not listed on any trade sites to sell

What to do ?

(edit: Search properly!)
    Last edited by Itiken; October 1 2020 at 09:55:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I too am super sad

i think that i'm over Flickerstrike. I list like BV more.
    I am kinda over my Unleash Firestorm experiment as well, the clear just doesnt feel smooth and the single target sucks with basic gear. If it had a limit of 4 instead of 3, at least the single target could be fixed, but it doesnt do much for the clunkyness.

Didnt reroll though, build should work fine with any ele spell hit skill, although it could use some block mitigation. Leveling a Storm Burst gem atm.

My Fire BV Chieftan is at 80 and, erm, ok i guess, but a bit slow and dull, so gone back to Flicker, pushed to 67 and specced into Oro/Fire and it's great with the investment i have (6L) everythign goes boom!
    Life is a problem, but it's so fast to clear maps so yay !

i'm wondering if it's possible to do a Ice version with Frostbite/Hypothermia and the Replica Oro's Sacrifice. fiddling with my build a little i've landed on:
    5L ROS: Flicker, Hypothermia, EdwA, Splash, Multistrike. Auras are Precision, Hatred and Herald of Ice. Buff Totem has Bonechill support to help freeze bosses. Plus Ice Golem and Frostbite/Frostbite impresence.

Does this even scan ? It seems to work so far but i'm only just touching yellow maps. 6l Oro's would probably just add fortify. they are only 40c or so...
    Last edited by Itiken; October 3 2020 at 06:52:46 PM.