hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 255 of 258 FirstFirst ... 155205245252253254255256257258 LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 5142

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Yeah, if i could 6link something :>

I did just (dont hate, im slow) get my first +poison elder gloves, which would let me make a 5-link viperstrike on gloves and a 5-link clear skill on chest. But my resists are still scuffed, so its something for the future. Pestilent Strike isnt actually THAT far behind, until you start really lategame scaling + use the jewel.

Also set up a corruption altar before logging off, lets see if i can get a Shadowstich again.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 8 2020 at 11:27:58 PM.

My 3rd char is coming together - WI CWC Occultist, with secondary/supporting Vortex+Cold Snap. Gearing for Int+ES is a pain in SSF, but I'm just over 1k Int + 6100 ES & res capped at lvl 70. That's with a scuffed 270ES chest. So next step is getting a good chest & fossil-craft a Helm. And craft/add in jewels. And hopefully get a belt from Elder eventually. Also my boots have no move speed which sucks.

Clear is kinda slow, but has been solid for bossing so far (super easy kitava/labs).
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

What are you using for CWC? I did one like three leagues back and WI CWC GMP Ice Spear was melting things super fast, if i got to stand still to channel. The other two were cold to fire and crit multi i think? Dont remember, might have been slower proj as well.

WI might have gotten hit with the nerf bat a bit too hard, but you can make a herald bomber with some aoe from the tree.

edit: Got a Shadowstitch on the second try... with +2Proj +2AOE gems... =+4 to toxic rain. Jesus fuck i need a high phys bow / Darkscorn and im set for life. Or i might even use my Lioneyes Glare, but i cant drop the respec orbs and then the build sucks due to a weak weapon. It should be ok with Lioneyes tho, im considering using the overleech belt (if i can corrupt it without bricking it) and craft a full on defensive quiver. Could be fun.

It would also be a beastly chest for Essence Drain, but i cba to re-level.

e: Just how long is the new endgame anyways? Im like halfway done with the watchstones, at this pace i wont get to actual endgame bosses until the league is over.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 12 2020 at 11:35:22 PM.

Finally gotten around to play Methamorph league.
    One of my highlights yesterday came when I managed to 6L my Loreweave in 110-120 fus.

The Atlas, I love it and I just as much hate it.
    Whole unlocking process is fantastic, but in normal GGG way they gave up the minimum viable product.
    Maps are a mess, I got 1 map with 4 different levels. Map tab in general is completely unmanageable.
    Going from White maps to Yellow was very difficult, partly because I didn't understand the process. And none of this shit is explained of self-explanatory.

IMO, the old map tier system was better.
    Unless you would remove tiers from all maps. And upgrade map difficulty on the Atlas.

For me, the morphs themselves been manageable. Got a very dodgeable build, so I don't take damage often.
    But some of them just have endless amounts of HP and regen fast as fuck.

Delve still the best part of the game.
    Wish Legion and Blight encounters (I skipped the league, and done maybe 10 so far in total and already bored of it) would go away.
    Breach too, it almost always spawns on the narrow maps. Hardly any splinter or loot drops.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

What i would like to see is them exapnding on the "map bonus finished" indicator in the map tab. You need to know what your current version of the map is, and where you currently have influence spawns. The second can be done like Elder / Shaper influence, he first maybe by greying out inactive tier versions or adding another indicator at the edge.

Other than that, i am still loving it. I did figure out the best build for my +4 chest tho, i think: Quillrain Explosive Arrow. Scales extremely well with gem level and attack speed, gains massively from the new Barrage Support, i already have both items, and matches the +2/+2 mods on the chest.

I just hate the re-leveling process too much. How much is switching ascendancies? Maybe i could do it on the current char, if i farm some more regrets.

Highlight of yesterday was first time ever I didn't die to the boss on Primordial Blocks (T15).
    Only to be erased moments later by the morph (outside boss room) by something I think was a off screening Lightning Tendrils Nova or maybe both??

Fights against the other exiles once levelled up is pretty well designed.
    But my Vaal Breach (corrupted Portal gem) can trivialize some of them, as the breach monsters instantly refill all my flasks.
    I just love this thing for all boss fights.

Loreweave ignores -x% to max resists.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

That... actually sounds awesome for my overleech. May have to try it.

https://pandateemo.github.io/YoloMouse/

^^ I love this thing, finally a way to see my mouse cursor when playing POE.
    Huge QOL improvement for me.

End game kicking my ass, trying to craft a Toxic Rain bow that goes with my +4 chest. Im thinking Thicket Bow, delve craft Despair on hit, hope for phys prefix, attack speed suffix and open prefix, bench craft +chaos over time multi.

It would dumpster my leech, but is probably another 30% more dps compared to Lion Eyes. The spore pod explosions cant miss anyways, since they are aoe dots, right?

AoE attacks are still attacks, you roll to hit unless you have RT. Only spells are 100% base hit chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Saw the Awakener for the first time.

What even is this absolute bullshit fight? Teleportteleportteleport boom dead from offscreen. And all in an absolute aids dark-red on grey background. Sorry but nope, not playing that shit.

Its soured me on the entire experience. Maybe ill see if i can make some cheesy summoner shit with what i got, but dont really want to since its fucking boring. Its Uber Atziri reflect all over again.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 22 2020 at 07:50:12 PM.

Made a Blight CWC Soulrend (+4link ED) Trickster. Pretty smooth sailing, but it looks like boss dps will level out too low again.

Slightly related question: anyone know if Awakened Curse on hit can be linked to Bane in order to circumvent hexproof?

Yes it will.

Awakened Curse on Hit has a chance to affect Hexproof enemies.

Since i wanted to play something else, and i have a Herald of Purity synthesis ring lying around, i decided to take another crack at a minion guardian.

Had a 1h temple mace with 160%phys / 10% phys to more chaos lying around, got a shitty suffix, beast crafted suffix to +2melee gems, multimodded minion damage and minion attack speed, slammed mana on kill (blech). Still might be a n1 weapon for +2dom blow, 5link herald on Queen's Hunger, +3 Kitavas Heralds spectres on offhand, double golem Carrion + Chaos. Probably not the fastest clear but should boss / metamorph decently well.

Not locked in on the gem setup tho. HoP + HoAg in a +2 helmet might be another option, move specters to the chest (or 5link Dom Blow with poison into the chest, in the case of HoAg), and use an ultra tanky shield.

Whats a specter that clears well at range and scales with Vulnerability / Carrion Golem? Knitted Horrors with GMP? The machine gun tentacle thingys?
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 9 2020 at 02:16:43 PM.

The machine gun tentacle thingys?
    Tittybitches

I'm up to 26 challenges, might be the end for me (interest has waned anyways). Still no Empower, and still unable to craft a 6L (dumped so many fusings into my 28Q Kintsugi...) so SSF is feeling about over too.

Next 6 would be fairly easy, the last 4 would be really grindy/rng:
    -Conditionally kill green guardian without raising any snakes (I always get 1 or 2 despite my best efforts, the safe room in the middle is sooooooo small. I'm thinking of starting a fresh atlas in Standard and pulling out a lvl 90 to murder the low level version of him, which seems really extreme)
    -grind 1500 maps (about 600 left - doable just a lot)
    -awaken atlas + kill awakened bosses (I'm at A5.5, just a lot of grinding left to finish)

I found 2x Cold Iron Point so turned my Cobra Lash Assassin into a Blade Vortex one. Not liking it as much TBH, though I wasn't loving the fact I was using Dagger instead of Claw anyways. Also a real pain to level up a bunch of new gems :S

Some league starters I'm considering for next time:
    Cobra Lash Assassin/Pathfinder
    Bane+ED/Soulrend Occ/Trickster
    Vortex/CS Occ
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

The +4 Shadowstitch really kept me going, i wouldnt want to try for a natural 6L either. I did get a second useable 6L from legion incubator, but obviously without the damage potential. Shadowstitch or Loreweave (takes way too long) are really the only two that i really "target" in SSF. Although theres a 50/50 chance i could 6L the Q30 Queens Hunger with all the fusings ive saved up, the season is basically over.

The biggest thing i took away from this league start was "build tankier". My next league starter will probably be a Chieftain for easy scaling and uber thank, or Occultist for fast clearing.

I also really need to get better at running more maps. I am at Awakener 6, not because i couldnt finish but because i spend way too much time in hideout.

Oh, and i wouldnt play a non-assassin poison build again. The duration scaling is just too insane, and *elusive is op.

e: hurrdurr, i wasnt even aware of the +to chaos skill gems prefix on wand and shields.... which means theres still like 20-30% damage at the top end for my build, even just with multimodded gear. Not sure i will try to grind it out tho, but it would be funny.

Had a golden oil drop today which already boosted me by a good 10%
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 11 2020 at 12:00:53 AM.

I converted my Lacerate Glad to a Cyclone Champ and he's bossing much better than my CA. Took him to Sirus at the end of the night and ripped again. Afterwards I realized I was missing a couple of small things - left my atlas slotted to A6, didn't switch over to Blood stance after deaths, and still not using Leap for mobility properly (the last death I was trying to leap out of the canyon, but walked for a split second, and got stunned+killed by the boulders). Feels bad. He was around cull range too At least I'm getting close, could likely get him next time.

Another part of me really wants to use something non-Cyclone, but the little bit of mobility it gives while DPSing is soooo valuable
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    Another part of me really wants to use something non-Cyclone, but the little bit of mobility it gives while DPSing is soooo valuable
    Can I introduce you to our Lord and Saviour Flickerstrike ?

Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

I was planning on respeccing to Assassin selfcast Ball Lightning with poison from Volkuurs gloves, a synthesis ring for HoL and the jewel from Awakener, which i think could be pretty fun with oneshotting screens and poisoning bosses forever... but just got a 21/q23 Vaal Blight, which was a pretty huge jump for Blight CWC Soulrend. On the other hand i also got Bottled Faith today, which just screams "play crit now".

Maybe ill try to do uber Atziri and Elder tomorrow, before i respec and inevitably end up bricking the char. I only have like a week left to play and then return after the league ends anyways.

Question before i respec: Assassin Elusive on crit, does it refresh or does it have to expire as well? Also, Zealotry + Bottled Faith; do i get the + flat crit from any consecrated ground, or only if i pop the flask?

Lastly, is there any good life leech for elemental spells against bosses, since Warlords is bricked? Dont have a good incursion amulet... and ED lets me currently tank massive amounts of damage due to almost instantly refilling life.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 15 2020 at 05:24:52 AM.