hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 214 of 224 FirstFirst ... 114164204211212213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 4465

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

  1. #4261
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,369
    Reasons to not play first hour/day of a new league, as ever.
    We're very upset about this because Bestiary is a complex league and a lot of work went into fine-tuning the new player experience to train players to capture unique quest monsters to hand in for levelling items, etc. All of that tutorialisation didn't trigger during the prime playing time at the start of the league, likely leading to a harder learning curve than we intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  2. #4262
    Brockosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21, 2013
    Posts
    597
    Tect Jugg seems alright. Tect was underwhelming at first, but with charge consumption it has great aoe coverage and a little more damage. The range is pitiful compared to Sunder though, goes about half as far but a little wider to the sides
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

  3. #4263
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,369
    QA is important, who knew. Also doing expansions more frequently has diminishing returns on profit but exponential drop in quality. Even CCP might recognise that by now.

    Important: How We're Changing Capturing
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; March 3 2018 at 11:00:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  4. #4264
    Mortvvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,266
    gonna sit this one out, absolutely can't motivate myself. no changes to anything and an annoying as fuck league mechanic.

  5. #4265
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,180
    I like bestiary recipes, especially for lvling rares...But that's it, I have to force myself to play it...Back to STO I guess.

  6. #4266
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    I like bestiary recipes, especially for lvling rares...But that's it, I have to force myself to play it...Back to STO I guess.
    its another excuse to try another build really.

  7. #4267
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortvvs View Post
    gonna sit this one out, absolutely can't motivate myself. no changes to anything and an annoying as fuck league mechanic.
    This is just a filler league.
    Rebalance to acendancies seem to be turning it all from 10 to 11.
    Does absolutely nothing with the power creep. Nerf to Sextants is a good addition.

    But any new league without changes to skill gems themselves is going to come short.
    Granted last league has some major changes, and lots of holidays in between costing them dev time.

    I totally agree with you. On Friday I played to lower prison WP and logged off.
    Hopefully when I get back from London next week they might have come with more changes.

  8. #4268

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortvvs View Post
    gonna sit this one out, absolutely can't motivate myself. no changes to anything and an annoying as fuck league mechanic.
    New mobs are cool, league mechanic is aids, predicting reddit crying about league mechanic in 2 weeks tops.

    I sort of tryharded this weekend and got a GC miner through leveling on hardcore, only to open a breach in literally third map and get dumpstered, oh well.

    Back to casually improving my ele wander on Standard, since there is Uber Elder to defeat now (maybe uAtziri as well, if i finally cba buying a couple of sets for like 3ex each).
    Respecced Raider -> Deadeye, put on self-crafted chest with "attacks have +1.5% crit chance", broke 4mil PoB shaper dps (somewhat realistic - PB, bleed, fully stacked tailwind, no charges, no shock)
    Last edited by n0th; March 5 2018 at 07:35:19 AM.

  9. #4269

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,281
    My assassin is starting to tick finally (at 50). Leveling a glass cannon with no stash of gear is seriously painful though.

    The tears from "meta clearspeed cannot into bestiary plz can we net dead mobs" is a glorious clusterfuck to behold. It just makes no sense.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  10. #4270
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,667
    I started a new character in the hardcore bestiary league. It's a sunder build but I was using molten strike for the first few levels, I miss it now that I got the sunder jewel. Shitting myself every new map but the build guide went straight through a load of life nodes so I'm a lot tougher than I remember being on my first play throughs.

    Loving how when a high level player dies it broadcasts it across the server and chat goes wild

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  11. #4271
    Cerzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    1,170
    totally burned out on HC after playing through the new content blind, storming through all of act5-10 with my eyes closed and then getting 1-shot by act 10 kitava instantly when the fight started without having the slightest clue what killed me.

    have enjoyed HC a lot with this game, but that completely unpredictable difficulty spike just made me way too salty - if you're killing act6-10 bosses in a handful of seconds and nothing has been even close to one-shotting you, and then die to something that had no clear telegraph at all... Going into Domi blind was great fun, as his instagib was at least nicely telegraphed. Malachai was a bit more muddy with the mines, but at least the major slams were still easy to observe and avoid. Kitava is just wat.

    Anyway, playing casual mode this league so will no doubt realize that the a10 kitava mechanics aren't BS at all, but still - im sure im not the only one who just ragequit out of the league with that "didn't watch a youtube video before going into the fight? you are rip now" mechanic.

  12. #4272

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    778
    If you're somewhat non-tryhard you never do anything in HC blind.
    HC is for experiencing content you already know with a twist. Economy with a proper currency/item sink, also feeling of accomplishment when progressing, since it does take certain effort to progress and not die. Way less than it used to be, but still significantly more than on softcore where these days you can corpse-spam your way to 90/mid-tier maps at the very least.

    My GC miner rip was p. much me unwilling to avoid content game threw at me, which gets punished in HC

  13. #4273
    Cerzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    If you're somewhat non-tryhard you never do anything in HC blind.
    HC is for experiencing content you already know with a twist.
    For you, sure. I've always played poe and every other ARPG on hardcore for the first playthrough (if not indefinitely) because that's where the thrill has been. Makes everything way more immersive and the later acts/bosses far more intimidating. And actually had very few rips to bosses, as traditionally if you just take it slow and spend a lot of time watching the mechanics you can figure out the fights then and there. But yeah unfortunately with a10 kitava it's not practical, which is a bitch considering it's a fight that gates maps. In the past with overtuned map bosses I could just dodge those maps and still progress, but kitava felt like a fuck you to non-tryhard HC players.

  14. #4274
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerzi View Post
    totally burned out on HC after playing through the new content blind, storming through all of act5-10 with my eyes closed and then getting 1-shot by act 10 kitava instantly when the fight started without having the slightest clue what killed me.

    have enjoyed HC a lot with this game, but that completely unpredictable difficulty spike just made me way too salty - if you're killing act6-10 bosses in a handful of seconds and nothing has been even close to one-shotting you, and then die to something that had no clear telegraph at all... Going into Domi blind was great fun, as his instagib was at least nicely telegraphed. Malachai was a bit more muddy with the mines, but at least the major slams were still easy to observe and avoid. Kitava is just wat.

    Anyway, playing casual mode this league so will no doubt realize that the a10 kitava mechanics aren't BS at all, but still - im sure im not the only one who just ragequit out of the league with that "didn't watch a youtube video before going into the fight? you are rip now" mechanic.
    You flat out need 4K HP for kitawa or you'll die, if you don't know that ahead of time you're fucked.

    PoE really isn't designed for blind runs

  15. #4275

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerzi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    If you're somewhat non-tryhard you never do anything in HC blind.
    HC is for experiencing content you already know with a twist.
    For you, sure. I've always played poe and every other ARPG on hardcore for the first playthrough (if not indefinitely) because that's where the thrill has been.
    Good luck with that in PoE, a game balanced around logout-macro.

    Some shit you can outgear and try an easy version of blind (Atziri, Elder, Izaro ), but in 80% of cases you're just gonna get shit on if you dont know what to expect (Kitava, Abysses, Breaches, nasty Essences, most of endgame bosses)
    Last edited by n0th; March 6 2018 at 11:18:30 AM.

  16. #4276
    Cerzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    1,170
    Just to be clear I've played PoE since 2013 almost exclusively in HC, hitting lvl90 in HC before I even finished a3 normal in SC. Was just venting some rage about the kitava fight and map-gate.

  17. #4277

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,281
    I've mostly got nothign but respect for HC players. i tried it a few times but totally failed through a mix of total risk aversion and being pretty poor at the game.

    How the hell do you do the Avernus/Innocence fight? I (mostly) die way more on that than Kitava a10.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  18. #4278

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    778
    1. use OP build

    2. faceroll all leveling with SSF gear, while getting carried by strong skills and ascendancy choices


    It really isnt hard, just requires game knowledge, patience and being ready to skip content later on. Used to be much harder pre-ascendancy.
    Last edited by n0th; March 6 2018 at 11:41:54 AM.

  19. #4279
    Cerzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    1,170
    Only did it once on the runup to that a10 kitava misery, but it was made somewhat easy thanks to using glacial cascade totem which meant I could focus entirely on movement/positioning with damage happening passively (always a good shout if going up against unknown mechanics). Think I had a close call with moving out of the first beam - was definitely a nice and intense fight, but again all the really scary stuff could be seen coming.

    Which reminds me, that same run the glacial cascade totems were putting out so much damage that a5 kitava phases were lasting all of 3-4 seconds, so I didn't have the slightest clue about that fight's mechanics afterwards hah... probably didn't help going into a10 kitava.

  20. #4280
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I've mostly got nothign but respect for HC players. i tried it a few times but totally failed through a mix of total risk aversion and being pretty poor at the game.

    How the hell do you do the Avernus/Innocence fight? I (mostly) die way more on that than Kitava a10.
    There's a lot of bullet hell dodging in that one so anything that can teleport with as little delay as possible is your friend. Mirror arrow or leap slam help greatly. Shield charge or whirling blades should also work but you need to pay extra attention where you're going. It's main challenge comes from being mechanically difficult plus being a dps check.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •