hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 213 of 220 FirstFirst ... 113163203210211212213214215216 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 4383

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

  1. #4241

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    759
    I never quite realized how melee skills are all about hitting the ground


    (ice crash)
    (sunder)
    (earthquake)
    (ground slam)
    and now

  2. #4242
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,102
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    I never quite realized how melee skills are all about hitting the ground


    (ice crash)
    (sunder)
    (earthquake)
    (ground slam)
    and now
    Tectonic Slam as unarmed, this must hurt. Like lots.

  3. #4243
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,328
    You either hit the ground where you are, or you have to walk over to be in range to hit a monster. It's not really melee if you do something else, is it.
    Lacerate might be an exception, for the rest you need for force attacking-in-place to swing & miss in front of you and then trigger secondary effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  4. #4244
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    I never quite realized how melee skills are all about hitting the ground


    (ice crash)
    (sunder)
    (earthquake)
    (ground slam)
    and now
    If that's not the best indication of problems with melee this game has, I don't know what is.

  5. #4245
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,328
    3.2 Patch Notes
    You are now twice as likely to obtain maps you have not yet completed on the Atlas as maps you have. This is intended to help players who choose to play solo complete their Atlas.
    The Acrobatics Keystone now grants 30% less Energy Shield, down from 50% less Energy Shield. This is to better enable hybrid Energy Shield/Evasion characters, for whom Acrobatics should be a valid choice.
    Passive skills which increase Physical Damage dealt by Staves or Wands, or Damage dealt by Wands, now also increase the damage of Ailments caused by those weapons as well. This brings them in line with all the other weapon passives.
    FYI
    Players with accounts created through Steam can now associate an email address to the account through the Path of Exile website. To do this, go to Manage Account, and then Change Email.
    3.2 Path of Building!

    Gallery with all Ascendancy changes highlighted.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; March 1 2018 at 07:26:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  6. #4246
    Brockosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21, 2013
    Posts
    592
    More skills can now burn the grass.
    RIP nvidia
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

  7. #4247
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,102
    Quite disappointed at lack of balance to Unique items and skill gems.

  8. #4248

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,138
    I tested out levelling a Ranger last night going Shrapnel/Mirage -> Lightning/Mirage / Tornado/LMP -> GMP using only 3 links and some decent success demolishing the first 3 1/2 acts in a few hours so that seems doable. Looks like the Tornado Deadeye plan seems solid enough.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  9. #4249
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I tested out levelling a Ranger last night going Shrapnel/Mirage -> Lightning/Mirage / Tornado/LMP -> GMP using only 3 links and some decent success demolishing the first 3 1/2 acts in a few hours so that seems doable. Looks like the Tornado Deadeye plan seems solid enough.
    If you got the funds, always go Poet's Pen leveling.
    Fastest & most powerful way to level up (If you got 115dex/110int for lvl 20gems)

    GMP
    Unearth

    Body Swap

    &

    Volatile Dead
    Inc. Crit. Strike Chance
    Conc. Effect
    Last edited by VARRAKK; March 1 2018 at 10:45:21 AM.

  10. #4250
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,494
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I tested out levelling a Ranger last night going Shrapnel/Mirage -> Lightning/Mirage / Tornado/LMP -> GMP using only 3 links and some decent success demolishing the first 3 1/2 acts in a few hours so that seems doable. Looks like the Tornado Deadeye plan seems solid enough.
    If you got the funds, always go Poet's Pen leveling.
    Fastest & most powerful way to level up (If you got 115dex/110int for lvl 20gems)

    GMP
    Unearth

    Body Swap

    &

    Volatile Dead
    Inc. Crit. Strike Chance
    Conc. Effect
    I hear you start the league with a pen if your stash.

  11. #4251
    Mortvvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,259
    lol, no nerfs for glacial cascade or shaper stat sticks, guess I'll just roll mines again first

  12. #4252

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortvvs View Post
    lol, no nerfs for glacial cascade or shaper stat sticks, guess I'll just roll mines again first
    nerfs? Shit they buffed miners. I'm tempted by one of them too.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  13. #4253
    Brockosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21, 2013
    Posts
    592
    I've narrowed my starter options down to:

    Jugg (Try Tect and Shield Throw)
    GC Miner
    Chin Sol Trapper
    SR/Flame Surge Heiro
    Dirge AW Scion (Chieftan/Heiro)
    Wasp nest Assassin
    Dyadus RF Chieftan


    i.e. absolutely 0 progress on build selection

    EDIT: I wonder if Increased Defenses from Shields, Increased Armour, Increased Global Defenses, etc will affect the damage of Spectral Shield Throw? Doubt it, buuuuut you never know....
    Last edited by Brockosaurus; March 2 2018 at 01:16:15 AM.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

  14. #4254
    Mortvvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    I've narrowed my starter options down to:

    Jugg (Try Tect and Shield Throw)
    GC Miner
    Chin Sol Trapper
    SR/Flame Surge Heiro
    Dirge AW Scion (Chieftan/Heiro)
    Wasp nest Assassin
    Dyadus RF Chieftan


    i.e. absolutely 0 progress on build selection

    EDIT: I wonder if Increased Defenses from Shields, Increased Armour, Increased Global Defenses, etc will affect the damage of Spectral Shield Throw? Doubt it, buuuuut you never know....
    no, only the base values count, confirmed by ggg

  15. #4255
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,328
    From the pre-seed torrent thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex_GGG
    Speaking of which, we wanted to clarify that in the first week of the league, Beast Trading between players is disabled
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilson
    We did plan no trading, but unanimous feedback from everyone who touched the league was that it needed trading. So we added it.

    People were going to trade the unsafe way otherwise, so we may as well make the system use the safe trade screen, we figured.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  16. #4256
    vDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Location
    �� out there
    Posts
    1,340
    I've never played Spectral Throw before and I wanna give it a try, what class/ascendency would be the best ?
    I'm naturally inclined to go raider again (like half my chars if not more), but apparently deadeye is now STRONK?

  17. #4257
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,328
    Ele Buzzsaw was so damned fun years ago. Today I fear it's getting left behind by having only 1 projectile by default, but that's the power creep.
    AFAIK you'd either go Inquis for crit ele (dagger) version, or maybe Ascendant in 3.2. The other way was non-crit Raider with HOWA, but I've not actually rebuilt/investigated it since it got nerfed to have the flat damage mod local to the weapon & thus diminishing dual wielding.
    Classic RT + Alpha's Howl + Anger & Wrath, foil & shield Ele Buzzsaw is probably dead. The Dreamfeather poison version (Pathfinder?) surely is.

    Remember, much like Incinerate, Freezing Pulse, etc, Spectral Throw has 100% pierce, so you can't chain/fork. So I dunno about using pure Deadeye.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  18. #4258

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    I've narrowed my starter options down to:

    Jugg (Try Tect and Shield Throw)
    GC Miner
    Chin Sol Trapper
    SR/Flame Surge Heiro
    Dirge AW Scion (Chieftan/Heiro)
    Wasp nest Assassin
    Dyadus RF Chieftan


    i.e. absolutely 0 progress on build selection

    EDIT: I wonder if Increased Defenses from Shields, Increased Armour, Increased Global Defenses, etc will affect the damage of Spectral Shield Throw? Doubt it, buuuuut you never know....
    Hah. I know your feeling.
    I am probably going with a bow. So - some kind of TornadoShot build, or a Barrage/poison Trickster. Barrage/Poison/QuillRain looks pretty stronk but i hear it can be a bit of a bitch to level ? I am hoping the new assassin should cover the holes in that. Maybe ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  19. #4259

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortvvs View Post
    lol, no nerfs for glacial cascade or shaper stat sticks, guess I'll just roll mines again first
    I wanna do tanky GC miner in HC, but without MoM, because fuck MoM.

    Thinking Enfeeble/Blasphemy with some curse investment, 200% life on tree + jewels and Sabo Blind

  20. #4260
    Mortvvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Ele Buzzsaw was so damned fun years ago. Today I fear it's getting left behind by having only 1 projectile by default, but that's the power creep.
    AFAIK you'd either go Inquis for crit ele (dagger) version, or maybe Ascendant in 3.2. The other way was non-crit Raider with HOWA, but I've not actually rebuilt/investigated it since it got nerfed to have the flat damage mod local to the weapon & thus diminishing dual wielding.
    Classic RT + Alpha's Howl + Anger & Wrath, foil & shield Ele Buzzsaw is probably dead. The Dreamfeather poison version (Pathfinder?) surely is.

    Remember, much like Incinerate, Freezing Pulse, etc, Spectral Throw has 100% pierce, so you can't chain/fork. So I dunno about using pure Deadeye.
    actually it's ele crit st with either raider or pathfinder, go away with your 2014 builds. grab 2 aps claw with crit, turn on wrath and vinktars, faceroll the entire game (which I did with these builds for the past 2 leagues). abyss jewels made it even more broken

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •